Closeout Digital / Stole $1500 from me

1 United States

I placed an order for a digital camera on line through Closeout Digital's website. I got an email confirming my order, then another asking me to call to confirm my order. When I called, they said the camera I ordered was a foreign model and was plastic and menus were in Japanese, but they had another brand at a better deal. After a hard sell, I agreed to buy the other camera for $1, 499.99. I called back an hour later and cancelled the order. He said it would cost me $200 for a restocking fee. I said fine, I just don't want that crappy camera you tried to sell me. He then said, OK, I'll be a nice guy and not charge you the $200, but it will take a while to get your money back on your credit card. I said OK. I got an email cancelling the original order for the camera he said was no good, but never received anything regarding the new $1, 499.99 purchase I had just cancelled over the phone. My card was charged, and several months later I noticed the charge had never been reversed. When I tried to contact them, they would not return my calls, take my calls or return my emails. I contacted my credit card company to dispute, but the dispute period had passed because I waited as he asked to allow time for the charges to be reversed. They stole almost $1500 from me without every delivering anything, What a scam.

Bi