Classic Conservatories / Worst company I dealt with

1 1111Route 22 EastMountainside, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-863-6700

I had my conservatory built in 2002. It looked like a good deal
at the time and the room came with a 10yr warranty.

Well from day one, I was under the impression that the workers were
from the company itself. It turned out they were local subcontractors
who did not really know how to put the room together. The ceiling leaked right off the bat and I have been having problems ever since.
A "eye" bolt that is used to hold down the skylight has not been installed right from the beginning. Since the roof has leaked from
2002, part of my sheetrock is not rotting. This passed winter the room actually iced up on the inside from the leaks. The screens that
are for the skylights started falling apart immediately also. I have been trying to contact the New Jersy office for several days now, but have only been leaving messages. NOBODY CALLED ME BACK YET! ! !

Even though I live in Massachusetts, I was told that there was a office located in a city 45 minutes away, but that one closed and know I
have been dealing the the people in New Jersey.

I also sent them a letter from my attorney, but to no avail. I was also told by my attorney since the company is from England, even if I won
a lawsuit, it would be hard to get any money owed me for damages.

So please do not deal with this company.

Comments

• Ga
      19th of Mar, 2009
    Classic Conservatories - Do not use them!
    Classic Conservatories

I had an atrium installed several years ago and from day 1 it has given me nothing but trouble. It has leaked for the last several years and they have never been able to fix it. During the last several months they have stopped answering phone calls and returned letters.

I caution anyone interested in using this company...their product is beautiful which is why we choose them...their installation and service is abysmal. Do not use them!

• Md
      25th of Feb, 2010

What a rip off! I had my sunroom built from classic conservatories branch in Maryland three years ago. The sun room windows are broken during the snow storm in 2010. I made numerous calls and left messages to the NJ office since I found out the MD office is closed. My calls were never returned. I have a 10 year warranty on the structure. I am working through an attorney. Never, ever recommend this company to anyone.

• Ce
      14th of Apr, 2010

Classic Conservatories built our room also about 8 years ago. They were very nice and quick to return phone calls during the selling and building process, but they have the worst customer service of any company we have ever dealt with. They tell you there is a 10 year warranty but it may take that long for them to return a call! There are leaks and they told us it was because of a clogged gutter...we had someone clean the gutter and the room is still leaking. We have a cracked panel on the roof and they wanted to know what WE did to it. They want to charge us to replace it even though there is a warranty. This room is an ongoing headache for us.

I would NEVER recommend Classic Conservatories to anyone!