CJ Banks / very disapointing customer service

United States Review updated:

I was shopping online at CJ Banks putting shirts for the holidays in my shopping cart. When I was ready to check out, the prices changed. A shirt that was clearance for around $6 changed to $60. I called customer service to see what was wrong with the website. I was told that there was a computer problem and that the prices that were listed and in my shopping cart originally would not be honored because of this computer glitch. Customer service would not offer anything to make amends for their mistake. I was only told several times to check out the sale on the weekend. They also offered free shipping, but since I am a member I already receive free shipping. Customer service refused to offer any kind of discount on their clearance products. The clearance items that were originally $60 were showing up at $60. In my mind this is not clearance. I was very frustrated that customer service wouldn't even take any amount off the now $60 shirt. Not even the $5 I mentioned as an illustration. This is not the first time that this dramatic price changing has happened on CJ Banks website.

Comments

• Un
      Jun 12, 2013

I placed a order from C J Banks and they charged my account twice they kept trying to tell me it was just a hold and not a double charge and if it was it was my banks fault so I went to my bank and they said I was clearly charged twice by C J Banks so I call customer service again and was told the same thing again I work hard for my money and I am on a tight budget I was able to give myself a little treat or so I thought but there double charging sent my account into over draft when I asked customer service at C J Banks who was going to replace my money I was put on hold and told that they were asking a supervisor the answer I was given was there was nothing they could do so now I am going back to my bank and I have to dispute the double charge when I told the customer service person this they told me not to do that because I would never be able to shop with them again LOL like I would ever shop with them again I have done a lot of shopping with them but never again and I will tell others not to shop with them the two customer service people I talked to were Carey and Ben the supervisor name was Amanda

• Cr
      Sep 07, 2013

CJ Banks website is subpar. It is always slow and has a limit of 10 items. What retailer (especially one that has been closing stores forcing loyal customers to their website) limits the amount that a customer can order? It is ridiculous! After trying to check out and waiting for the website to respond I tried to call customer service to place my order (I mean...Really? I have to CALL in an order?) and I was on hold for 10 minutes waiting for a customer service rep. They were all busy! Big surprise! So I give up! I am so fed up with this company, I'm done! No more orders from me. Good luck to anyone that actually wants to purchase something from this company!

• Lo
      Mar 15, 2014

I was at my local store today and witnessed the Store Mgr. scold an employee about closing the gate, telling her to Never close the gate because it would turn customers away. Said employee had closed the gate because her co-worker had a seizure and was unresponsive on the sales floor. She didn't want more people seeing what was going on while they were waiting for the EMS. I found the idea that the Manager cared more about a potential sale more important than the health and privacy of her employee absolutely disgusting. Needless to say, I will not be shopping at that location in the future.

• Sn
      Nov 07, 2014

I have been a customer of C. J. Banks for years. However, they recently closed a store in my area forcing me to order online only. I always purchase at least 3 or 4 items at a time - sometimes more. However, when I returned items from several orders totaling nearly $160.00. they credited my charge only one penny. When I complained, they told me they were totally correct, and I received the correct amount of refund. I challenged the credit, and had to jump through hoops for several months to finally get the matter corrected. Then out of nowhere, they said they would credit my card for the $160 return, but forgot to charge me $30 for something else (which they had no right to do). I was so exhausted from the phone calls, faxing information, etc, etc. that I finally gave in and paid them $30 for absolutely nothing. It used to be so nice to shop at C. J. Banks. Now they are just out and out crooks. Had I charged this on their credit card rather than a Visa, I probably would never had gotten my refund. Totally disgusting.

• 92
      Oct 30, 2016

Yesterday at Store number 00917 I encountered a sales associate that was making fun of women wearing a 3X. The store I shop at is a CJ Banks for plus size women. When I told her that there are people that wear a 3x myself included that I found her comments insulting and humiliating. She was no small associate herself however the barrage of insults continued on. the other associate was so embarrassed she left the counter and moved to the other side of the store. I tried reporting the incident online however they limit the text box so you can not get the information to them. I called the store however the manager is not available. If you are a plus size store you have a job because of plus size women. I will not return and intend on spreading the word to all I know that shop there to spare them the humiliation I experienced.

• Be
      May 22, 2019

I shop at the Christopher & Banks in Fargo Mall now. I was driving through the Brainerd, Baxter area on May 11, 2019, and saw that they have a Christopher & Banks in the mall there and was very excited to stop into the store! I was very disappointed not only with the styles of the clothing, but they didn't have anything in my size! I tried to speak with the woman behind the counter, but she was way to busy chatting on her phone. The other woman was way to busy standing at the door talking to some lady walking in the mall. I interrupted her to ask for the store manager, and she pointed to the woman on her phone. Who had just walked into a back room door. I waited for the pointing woman to finish her conversation, about how her family was doing and how much of a B-word her sister was. She didn't stop I waited for another 20 minutes. The one on her phone came back out of the backroom, walked right past me and left the store. Now mind you, yes I called the corporate office to complain, But they wanted personal information on ME! I hung up! I left the store sad, disappointed and bought nothing. I stopped a security person in the mall and asked who was the store manager and the other woman's name. She said the Store Manger was Jody and the other was her assistant manager Deb. I will never return to that store ever. My ears are still burning from the vulgarity coming out of the assistant managers mouth!