Choice Home Warranty / deceitful contracts
Why is a Choice Home Warranty a bad mistake? Because the ony way you can even hope they will honor what they profess to cover is to spend several hundred dollars more each year in addition to their contract fee or $450-500.
Like so many others I recently learned the hard way. They glibly refer to section 9.1.2 in their contract and this is the loophole they use to avoid having to fix or replace anything. Briefly, you must have professional service people come in yearly to perform "maintenance" for each appliance or system in your home, and you had better keep those bills for 5 years or they will not honor the contract. Heck, the IRS only asks for three years of records! Assuming a home had a heating system, AC, a hot water heater, appliances, etc., you are being forced to spend money on each one of these items. That can add up to $500, $600, $700 per year in addition to their fee. So now that contract is truly costing you$950-$1150 per year. If you were to simply put that money in a savings account for two years you would have more than enough to pay for a new system for almost anything that breaks in your house.
So, bottom line, how does a Choice Home Warranty make economic sense? IT DOESN'T.
Oh, one other item. My problem was a hot water heater that started to leak. I had been with American Home Shield for three years, as was my neighbor. He had a similar problem last year and they came in and gave him a brand new water heater. My mistake was that I decided to switch over to Choice and they denied my claim. I will NEVER buy another one of these contracts from Choice and neither should anyone else. Put them out of business.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - company will not honor contract 
- Choice Home Warranty - customer service and general contract
- Choice Home Warranty - hvac contractor
- Choice Home Warranty - ac scam from choice warranty
- Choice Home Warranty - service appointments not kept
- Choice Home Warranty - a/c repair claim