Cheap Fare Guru / customer support sucks

Do not even think to book a ticket from them. I had purchased my ticket from newark to kolkata(travel date is end of April) two months back.Till that time there was no issue since I had not interacted much with their customer service.Two Week before when I had to cancel my trip, I called them up asking the cancellation charge for my tickets. One of their customer service guy probably Ron told me that they would charge 300 bucks for the same.I did ask them to cancel my ticket yesterday, Paul told me that since this is none refundable ticket they would not pay me back even single penny for it if I cancel my ticket. When I fought with them Paul told me that they would confirm the same with Jet airline and do let me know the cancellation charge. So far I have called them 7-8 times and every time they told me that they have not receive any reply from Jet airline and ask me to call them after 2 hrs. I'm being felt so cheated that I can't explain.

So

Comments

• Ka
      5th of Sep, 2012

Strongly agree. I am into a similar situation now and they keep giving me different information everytime I speak. I had to postpone my trip and for that they are asking me to pay $350 - only for rescheduling. Then comes the actual fare difference. For cancellation $450. The next time the guy is saying it will be close to $750 for cancellation alone. This is way too much than what they have written on their original booking email. I am still fighting with them to see what is the best option I have. I am feeling like I have been cheated and not sure what to do now.

• Vo
      14th of Sep, 2012

I booked just last night. Verified everythingnthis afternoon but i have not received my e-ticket til now.

• Te
      14th of Nov, 2012

Totally totally agree. They placed me on hold while I am writing this review. I feel like I am a scape goat my self to book a tkt with them. They are telling me to pay $457 + fare difference only to reschedule. Knowing that Emirates would charge only $200 rescheduling fee for the same combination of flights available, I am not ready to pay them that much.. You guys Sucks !!! I will never tell anyone to do business with you guys.

• Ba
      8th of Dec, 2012

Worst Customer service ever.
    I called multiple times to reschedule the ticket.
    once I was told they will email me, another time they will call me but no response
    After so many calls i was able to talk with one representative who told me he can reschedule but he needs some approval, so he told me he will call me in one hour but no response

At last I had to book a new ticket for my new date and discard this booking

• Ra
      13th of Dec, 2012

Customer service is worst ever!! Will not book with this guys ever again even if Ihave to pay few dollars more elsewhere!

28th of Dec, 2012

I am in the same boat friends. As per their name Cheap Fare Guru these people are really very Cheap.
    Due to medical emergency I have prepone my tickte but they are highly unprofessional. They just hung up phone without completing the conversation and also threatened me that they will win the case if I dispute on my card for the charges,
    Quality of customer service has given me so much pain and anxiety that I can`t sleep properly.
    Beware guys before booking the tickets from them.

Sara Gupta

• Pe
      23rd of Mar, 2013

They're rude, and keep hanging up. They double charged me and overdrew my account. They promised to refund it finally, and still haven't. I'm taking them to small claims court.

• Va
      25th of Mar, 2013

i booked ticket via their website for 4 member in our family. i received email that i successfully completed the booking. i checked my credit card and they charged the card. as per their i suppose to receive the ticket . since i have not received the ticket, i contacted them(worst customer service) they said the flight is not available for my teturn trip and i need to change the date. they told me that they will call me back. they called m and said there is mistake in the booking and they cannot hohor the ticket. now i have no credit card to book another ticket. they are fraud. stay away from them if you book the ticket through them for a cheap rate. you will suffer at the end.
    lesson 1 :- stay away from chrepfareguru.com

• Va
      25th of Mar, 2013

if you decided to buy ticket from cheapfareguru.com you will lose money, you will not get customer support, you will ruin your trip
    so do not bother to buy from cheapfareguru.com

• Bi
      30th of Mar, 2013

All I had to do was change the date coming back by one day and needed to change my destination and return airport. This was over 90 days in advance and the airfare was $6 difference. They couldn't help me or wouldn't is more like it. I will never book anything with them again--the $47 savings wasn't worth the problem. Also I hope you can understand their English.

• Ge
      5th of Apr, 2013
    Cheap Fare Guru - Mislead on ticket itinerary
    Eros Tours & Travel Inc.
    117 West 9th St. # 307 Los Angeles Ca 90015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Phone: 213-955-9695

We purchased an airline ticket and the agent confirmed by email a completely different itinerary with long layovers in SF and Beijing, China. They agreed to cancel the ticket but only after paying a $35 fee. Not an honest ticket seller.

• Be
      9th of Apr, 2013

I made the mistake of trying to find the cheapest fare through a 3rd party travel agency...for the LAST TIME. They've overcharged us $500 and promise to reimburse us but that is left to be said. After the fact, I hopped onto united.com to see if the flight price would have been comparable and NOT ONLY was it, but it was CHEAPER THAN CHEAPFAREGURU.COM! I WILL NEVER GO THROUGH CHEAPFAREGURU.COM AGAIN! I was put ON HOLD for 1 hour 11minutes being bounced around from rep to rep until FINALLY I spoke with a woman named "Daisy" who PROMISED she was talking to her accountant and would receive an email stating our card was reimbursed. This is left to be seen. If we do not receive the $500 reimbursement, I WILL be taking this to small claims court.

• Sw
      17th of Jul, 2013

Unless your trip is concrete do not book with this agency. I paid 684 dollars for a ticket to Egypt. Upon hearing of the violence in Egypt and travelling alone as a single female I decided it would not be safe to go. I called to cancel the ticket and was only refunded 284 dollars. I am not too sure how refunds work in the airline industry and the customer service reps did an absolute terrible job at explaining it to me, but regardless a refund should never be less than half of the ticket. That is completely ridiculous if you ask me. Practically robbery as I will not be on that flight and I am sure they will sell the seat to another person and charge them more than I paid for it. Also I called 7 times before being able to get in contact with the specific person named "Jorge" who was in charge of refunds. Anyways, it was a good price for the ticket but do not book unless you know your plans wont change!! I also got insurance on the ticket through an agency called Travel guard through cheapfareguru, who said their policies included terrorism but not political unrest. Which doesnt makes sense to me (danger is danger, is it not?). At that point 51 people had died and the Canadian embassy had shut down, so as far as I am concerned I think that type of event should be on their policy. So make sure you read the clauses before purchasing insurance after buying your ticket through cheapfareguru as well.

• Tr
      19th of Jul, 2013

Cheapfareguru/Airtkt
    This company is completely FAKE.

When I saw the deal almost half the price of all major websites, I decided to give it a try.
    They sent me an email confirmation, but three days later i received another email saying that my ticket was canceled (and this is three days before the trip).

When i called the hotline, it sounded like it went straight to comeone's cel phone in India. The person said that nothing was charged on my credit card, and didnt see a charge on the card by the third day.
    The following week they charged the full amount on my card, and told me it would take up to 2 months to refund the charge.

THIS IS A SCHEM, THE WEBSITE IS FAKE, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.

• Sh
      26th of Jul, 2013

I think I am in the same situation I am being placed on hold for more than 1 hour (It got disconnected once)I am trying to reschedule my flight from NY to FL ( Lay over for 2 days) with out a blinking his eyes the guy said $350. Mates it s good that we write a review however it s better to write the same to BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU Please see the link 'https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/ ' . If you feel cheated kindly complain.

• Sh
      26th of Jul, 2013

I missed a few on my review earlier. Once complained they would issue a report I believe end of every year or quarterly I am not really sure and its publish the finding through Media on a summary level.At least others would not book with these http://www.cheapfareguru.com/ guys .If you check thishttp://www.cheapfareguru.com/ competitors they actually have much better reviews. From what is said on this reviews above its like a episode from "American Greed".

• Rs
      26th of Aug, 2013

Cheap fare Guru—the name itself has cheap and they are really cheap as you can guess with how they talk and try to extract even 1-2 dollars from you even after you have booked the ticket.

This is the only ticket booking website which writes an e-mail to you after you book the ticket, to conform that you agree to the charges on credit card. Because they know that you will dispute the charges with your bank if they do anything wrong (which they do for sure). And God help you with their English (like ”You will be get the ticket in previous 5 minutes) and the way they pronounce the words like “Kuala Lumpur” ;) I guess it’s a group of few people imported from India, taught some basic words in English and made to sit in a room to loot people.

I booked a ticket with them yesterday. I called them within 2 minutes of booking and told them I made a mistake and they said you have to pay USD 75 as cancellation charges (even if it was 5 minutes and other websites allow you 4-24 hrs). So I agreed to keep that ticket. They wrote an e-mail to me and asked me to approve the charges by reply e-mail. I did that and was told that it will be conformed in 4 hrs. Its didn’t happen even in 12 hrs and when I called them, they said you have to pay some more money now and then only we will book it and if you want to cancel, you have to pay USD 150 now. I was caught in a catch 22 situation and had to pay extra money and book it.

I would never book with them again and suggest you all to do the same. They are a bunch of looters. I wish there is a system to complain against them to Califirnia and USA government and let them know about the fraud going on !!!

• Il
      19th of Dec, 2013

It is unfortunate to read these reviews. I have to say I was super pleased with how everything flowed so smoothly and the customer service was outstanding! I purchased super cheap tickets for the entire family to Asia. I received all the confirmations and e-tickets in a very timely manner. The best part is someone ALWAYS picked up the phone when I called to ask questions and were always courteous. These days, changing flight plans incur penalties and this is not only Cheap Fare Guru that charges this. So I don't see the point of blaming them. I did not get the feeling there was fraud. My reservations showed up on the airline site. I think I saved about $450 going through them. Good luck to all travelers.

4th of Jan, 2017

@ILoveFlying Ever feel like theres a plant in the garden that's to good to be true. And if this persons story is true, then it's one out of dozens. I've looked at several of these so-called flights, and every one I call is some Indian professing to be from Texas. If it smells like dog ####, don't step in it to confirm its content.

• Mm
      23rd of Jan, 2014

I booked my ticket to Australia with this company. After an hour, I called to get the booking "airline confirmation" so I can take care of my seating arrangement through my frequent flyer membership airline (Qantas) site.
    The person puts me on hold WITHOUT even asking for my Air Tkt Guru Booking ID to reference my question with" so she can check what is going on with my booking.
    She was very hard to understand but says " Oh. you need your airline confirmation?. Hold on"...

All these time of being on hold and I know there's no way she's checking my concern since she does not even know who I was and DID NOT have my booking ID reference # from their site! I was on hold for almost 15 minutes and decided to hang up and call back!
    I called back and this same lady answered again. I told her that I finally received an e-mail containing my "airline confirmation #" but somehow the number was not being recognized by Qantas agent when I called them to check on it. I just want to make sure that this reservation actually exist.

This lady (sounds Asian) STARTED arguing with me! She was very very unprofessional and started telling me that I already called so many times and that I have to talk to Qantas about my problem! I told her that this was my 2nd call and that the 1st time she called, she puts me on hold without even asking for my booking ID. Then I asked... May I asked who am I speaking with?"
    She then hangs up!!!

I was shocked!!! Oh my goodness!!! I have never written a review about anything and I travel quite a bit and have worked with different agents. I had her on speaker and my wife heard all these. She could not believe it either!

THIS BY FAR HAS BEEN THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!
    I hope that the management reads this and do something about it.

I will call Qantas to make sure that my reservation exist so I can select my seats... and hopefully everything goes smooth from here on.

I totally agree that the customer service with this company is terrible and hope they redeem themselves by hiring some well-trained, well spoken and customer service oriented individuals...

11th of Jul, 2014

They are indeed fraudulent. They hound for travelers who may face any kind of issue, one of the many ways they do it:
    as soon as you make a bookinG the agent calls you these calls are seek information on your visa travel plans luggage all seemingly legit, as soon as they identify a loophole your booking ID is assigned to a certain set of Representatives agents so as to frustrate you when you're at the airlines and coax you into taking a cancellation or bumping up the prices tremendously... This is shady business...a few cheap fares given out to say 10 by squeezing out 100s of stranded passengers... So the harm done clearly out weighs they benefit a few receive... Like a casino house, like a lottery