Channel 7 / my kitchen rules - bullying and anti social behaviours

For a long time now I have been forced to endure the adverts for my kitchen rules as on occasion I do enjoy a number of programs aired on channel 7. Each time I see one of these adds my disappointment grows. The main premise of the show appears to be one of bullying and degradation to and by the contestants in the show. They all appear to have a dog eat dog mentality and will say and do anything put the other contestant down and try to humiliate them.
Now I know that this type of behavior is meant to add some controversy to the show as a way of compelling people to watch. I also understand that a lot of this type of behavior would be scripted.
Having said that, in this day of worsening, higher profile bullying in the school yard and in work places I would have thought that the type of behaviors as seen on my kitchen rules would only add to the continuance and worsening of bullying and belittling of people in the real world. After all the show is touted as being a reality show.
Some, not all people would see these behaviors as a benchmark in how to treat people in day to day life. I believe this is why we are watching and reading about more and more situations of bullying and violence in the news. It doesn't take long for offensive language to turn into violent actions.
I don't know what the answer is. By all accounts there are huge numbers of people tuning into the show. I don't know why. I for one don't like seeing people being treated like rubbish, be it either scripted or not. It will be very difficult, if not impossible to achieve equality in society if everyone in it steps on and mistreats other people they believe they are better than, which is what this show portrays as being reality.

Re
Feb 25, 2016

Comments

• Ne
      Feb 25, 2016

There is NO WAY that hellyweird can justify 59 1/2 minutes of advertising and 1/2 minute of a movie, show, comedy, sports, etc. Just raise the price!! Is it the hellyweird guild {union}?? There is no conceivable justification for having any more advertising than in 1946. I think they spite us and love to spit in our faces.