Ceridian / Customer Service

United States, Florida, St Petersburg Review updated:
St Petersburg
Ceridian Cobra, has got to be the worse company I have ever dealt with..NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!! For 2 months I have been mailing, express mailing, faxing information to them and for some reason they can never find the paperwork that..I had sent, (expressed mailed with a return receipt) so I started e-mailing, with only one response back at which time I thought everything was corrected, but it was not, and I continue to get incorrect premium invoices, there accounting dept is beyond anything I have ever encountered, it has been 2 months and as of this date my account information is still incorrect, checking online they now have me down as canceling my coverage, which I have NOT done, so tomorrow I will be on the phone with another incompent phone person..Total disaster, I don't understand how a company can stay in business with an accounts dept that can not bill correctly, how they balance their books is beyond me!!! Terrible company...

A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
EMPLOYEES BEWARE! You might not be insured and Ceridian offers no help!

Ceridan has taken constructive reciept of my COBRA premiums for health insurance from August 31, 2008 to May of 2009. Sent me statements stating I was covered and everything and I am HR! I found out in March I had not been covered since August of 2008! I immediately notified Ceridian and they continued there processing of my checks! Still no insurance! Ceridian refuses to offer proof that they forwarded my insurance premiums to my employer as they should of stating they carry no responsibility to employees! My employer has bankrupted his company marking the COBRA issue in dispute as if he did not receive the money and wants to bankrupt it. He can't because it is not a collector's debt. Now when I really need Ceridian to offer proof that they sent my monies to the employer and proof he cashed their checks they are still not cooperating. In my mind they have either committed the fraud themselves and stolen my money or they have helped the employer commit fraud by being negligent in addressing my concerns. Either way, their phone system is horrid, their staff that they allow to handle all calls is not trained for all matters of importance and anyone of any authority is simply not available though phone or email.

A  2nd of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Agree totally. Check and double check that your checks are cashed BEFORE THE GRACE PERIOD ENDS!
You will not be able to reinstate, even if you sent the check with plenty of time. In fact, I would send everything certified, so you have proof it got there.

I ended up buying a short term policy until I start my new job.
A  6th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Five months after my coverage 'started', with over $2, 000 in payments from me, and six calls to Ceridian, and still they have not updated the status for me with my Health Care Insurance company. Another frustrating day on the phone. Ceridian has repeated told me that the problem is with 'the other company'. That is until the 'other company' insisted on a three way conference call. Suddenly Ceridian claims this (payments for my coverage) was "company confidential information" and I could not be part of the call. What a crock of, , , , , ,

Don't put up with the 'Ceridian stall'. My guess is that they hope that you will never need coverage and they can just pocket your money as pure profit. The other risk is that if something really expensive for them happens then Ceridian may try to deny that you ever had coverage.

On a 1 to 10 scale, 1 is too high for Ceridian.
A  21st of Dec, 2009 by
ceridaian is a rrip-off

scams don`t buy this insurance they will cancell you any time after you been paying then for a long period.
N  6th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Ceridian/COBRA is not insurance.. they are a 3rd party administrator that forwards your payment back to your employer. who then forwards it over to your carrier..(maybe).A lot of the problem is..companies go through different admin... While Ceridian is forwarding updates to your employer... They are receiving them and filing them away...hmmm whats this? looks important..and then files them away.. in the meantime.. that "urgent update" that you are waiting so patiently for is soon forgotten... ...Before you talk about a company.. maybe you should do a little research and so who indeed is the route of all evil.
A  8th of Feb, 2010 by
This is a heads up to apprise you of a corporate conspiracy between Ceridian, a COBRA administrator and companies that contract with them. By delaying you beyond the 63 days, the company is not on the hook to provide COBRA health insurance.
1. Ceridian delays up to a month or more to send the benefit selection package after you terminate your employer.
2. Ceridian "loses" the insurance selection pages and because you have only 63 days to sign up for COBRA, you have to resend them (I both sent and faxed them). Always mail registered and signature required to these inept (on purpose) bunglers.
3. Ceridian then says that you "incorrectly" filled out the COBRA selections page but will not tell you what was missing or incorrect - and the 63 day clock ticks on. (Note - I've filled out selection pages before and mine were perfect.)
4. Even once corrected or resent, Ceridian then delays (or in my case does not send the invoice at all) sending the invoice to activate the health insurance. Voila! You missed the 63 day window and your company saves a bundle and you are not insured.
5. Ceridian NEVER responds to your questions except to assign a case number. Each query gets another case number but no resolution. At least they cheerfully ignore you.
6. Might as well buy a bridge insurance plan elsewhere - all Ceridian will do is drive you crazy. I finally ended up getting a disaster policy on my own. Now if you need a HIPAA letter for credible coverage - dream on. Ceridian will never send it. Neither will your insurance company if their contract with your previous employer to have Ceridian send it. Ceridian does not even deserve a 1 on a 1 to 5 scale.
N  22nd of Apr, 2010 by
I previously worked for an employer who uses Ceridian Benefits to process their tuition reimbursement program. Ceridian has repeatedly lost my information, bounces me around from literally country to country for their "customer service reps" to handle my case, and has not been able to supply me with an adequate answer to my questions. I am now trying to work with my former HR person at my former company to get this resolved, and I am seriously considering taking Ceridian to court for their negligence.
N  11th of May, 2010 by
Ditto all the above TERRIBLE comments...my husband and I have been dealing with this company since March 1, 2010 and have repeatedly called, emailed, faxes, and BEGGED!!! They are a scam--never updated my COBRA status with BCBS of Tennessee, cashed over $2, 700 in checks, and tonight (after approximately ten phone calls over the past few months) am now on hold for 8:58 minutes to try once again to straighten out this mess. They no longer administer the COBRA account of the company that I once worked for and they are STILL BILLING ME OVER $800 a month!!!
Please do not use this company--call me Annette Bratcher at 615-456-1658 in Murfreesboro, TN, and I will tell you their method of operation. They are a SCAM in one of the most important aspects of your life. Tomorrow morning I will be on the phone with whatever agency in Florida deals with insurance.
A  31st of Jan, 2011 by
I am now a part of the Ceridian Cobra nightmare. After paying $4000 (retroactive for 3 months), we are still not getting any benefits. First it takes forever for them to get our mail, then it takes 20 days to process and let health care providers know that we are covered. By this time, the month is over and we were not able to use coverage at all and the next payment is due and the cycle goes on. One day somebody is going to die from lack of medication, care or stress, Ceridian won't care because they have your money anyways.
N  16th of Nov, 2011 by
Wow, I send documentation, they respond via email that the received it and I think all is good. 2 months later I need to use my benefits for my daughter and find out she's not covered. Call Ceridian and see whats up, they tell me they never received the supporting documentation. I said I have a confirmation email from you guys that says just the opposite. Call back an hour later to get a status update and *POOF* That rep is able to find it within about 10 seconds before I finished telling her my problem.
On a 1 to 10 scale, 1 is too high for Ceridian.
A  29th of Mar, 2012 by
I've been trying for 2 months to get Ceridian to send an update to Delta so they can pay a covered claim. I've spent HOURS on the phone and have gotten no where. They claim they send the information to Delta but Delta mysteriously never receives it. So I asked Ceridian to fax and email and snail mail ME the information and I would forward to Delta and I STILL have received nothing. It's more than obvious they're running a scam because they take your money which makes you "think" you have coverage, but then they never forward the information to the insurance carrier so the insurance carrier can not pay the claim. I'm beyond frustrated but have no choice but to continue to make my daily calls to them while beating my head against the wall.
A  20th of Dec, 2012 by
While trying to bridge the gap between employeers (5 weeks), I have gone round and round with Ceridian. Although they are completely incompetent and possibly criminal in intent, I must blame my former employer for choosing them. I believe that their stalling methods somehow achieve the results that both employers and Ceridian desire. I never was invoiced or paid them and have simply paid my medical expenses out of pocket for the period without coverage. I somehow imagine that I am not through with them yet.
A  11th of Feb, 2013 by
I would highly recommend that you NEVER use Ceridian. I spent over 5 weeks getting them to update DELTA DENTAL. Every person acted like they had no clue as to what to do. They would claim to take notes and then when I call to check up they could never find the notes. My former employers HR Department indicated that their customer service has went downhill. I am not sure who they hire, but they appear to have no clue as to what their job is. I have NEVER been more frustrated. My son needed to use the dental insurance and of course they could not even help! My husband and I waited on hold for over 50 minutes one nice to talk to a supervisor and then all the sudden the rep came back on the line and said he left for the night. I have worked in corporate america for over 17 years and they have been the worst.

Ceridian Logo Ceridian