Cell Hut.com / Poor Service

I ordered a cell phone on the 30th of May, and asked it to be shipped to a relative's address on 2nd day air(UPS). The next day I was told that this could only be done, by contacting my bank and making the shipping address a Temp billing address, or they could ship to my billing address. I decided to ship to my address, and then ship it myself, since it would be quicker. I then got another call to verify my address on the following Monday, which I did. They shipped it and billed my account. On my tracking the device, I notice that Cell Hut sent out an intercept to UPS and they had the phone returned to their location. When I inquired to Cell Hut customer service, after waiting 30 min, I was told the wrong phone had been sent, and another would be shipped on that day, Wed Jun 4th. I continued to check my order, and no new phone was shipped. On Friday, the 6th, I again called and was told that a new phone would not be shipped until the old phone was received. It is now the 9th, the old phone WAS received, and still no new phone. I have sent numerous emails also, in addition to my calls, and none of them have been answered. My current opinion of Cell Hut is electronically unprintable and not considered socially unacceptable in most circles, or a resounding STAY AWAY

Ch

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2008

Yes CellHut is wrong company to do business with

• Mo
      30th of Jul, 2008

I totally, totally agree. Here's my story-from Dec 4, 07:

Purchased unlocked Motorola Rizr Z3 from Cellhut.com as a Christmas present. Stopped working a few days after christmas-was not damaged, the screen went white in the middle of a phone call and would not go away.
    Asked to return for an exchange.
    Said it was past their 14 day return period. The phone box looked like it had already been opened and was a used phone when we received it-should have returned it immediately!! Emails to Cellhut went ignored until we filed a complaint with the New York Better Business Bureau, which since Cellhut is NOT a member, they were unable to assist us with any resolution (we just wanted to exchange).
    Called Motorola, the phone was made for Singapore and Motorola said I would have to ship it there at my expense for repair (also at my expense).

Overall, a very UNSATISFACTORY shopping experience-this was the exact nightmare you worry about when shopping online with questionable merchants. I would not recommend these shady scammers at Cellhut to my worst enemy!

• Fr
      9th of Apr, 2009

Eceptionally pathetic customer service, extremely arrogant and they are liars.. dont buy stuff from them ..

• Os
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Cellhut is a SCAM. I ordered a cell phone and accessories May 2009, was promply charged on CC, then to get an email that ALL the order was on backorder, 2 weeks later, my order has disappeared off their system (checked by phone and web), no refund.

STAY CLEAR OF THIS company...

• Gi
      2nd of Sep, 2009

hey guys
    I have just been another victim of fricking CellHut. They send me a wrong phone, after I called and was assured they had what I needed before they sent it. They didn't even gave me a copy of invoice. When I called them, I think there is only one guy on customer service all the time BTW, he said "our records indicate we sent you what you asked.
    I just shiped this wrong phone back to them.
    Anychance do you think of me getting a full refund?
    And if not, do you think I can request my CC company to claim the amount back?

20th of Oct, 2009

cell hut is very un professional I have waited in line for an hour and they still did not answer i have sent many emails and no answers i have no idea whats going on with my order they havent shipped and its been more than 10 days. There customer service is the worst i think its all a fake THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE I JUST CALLED THEY SAID THAT THE PHONE wasnt AVAILABLE are you serios couldnt they have told me that the next day of the order and why do they write AVAILABLE if its not this is a pathetic company

20th of Nov, 2009

This Company sucks!!! I fell victim to this and the worst part of it is that I ordered the a phone for my boss's wife because she is not internet savy and now I'm screwed. She wanted a new phone and I found one on CELLHUT.COM and she wanted it. I ordered it with the company CC and then they decide to say the phone isn't in stock and it will ship out the next day. Next day comes and my order status is still the same. I tried calling and they say the refund has been issued but was over a week ago and still no refund so you know that that was a bunch of you know what. They are a SCAM and I think everyone who has been a victim of these crooks should go to WWW.IFCC.COM and file a complaint with the government after all they are criminals and should be brought to justice.

• So
      5th of Dec, 2009

CellHut is very very worst company. I never see such type of company. They sent the wrong phone which is not charging. I got RMA# number and I returned the item two months back. But till now they didn't refund my amount. Whenever I try to call them it will take almost 30 mins to 45 mins to connect them and every time they say within next 48 hours they will refund the amount. I think there is only one person called MARK in their customer service center. I don't know why they are calling that as customer service center. Always he used to answer the phone. I am sick with their approach. I don't know how can I get that amount?

• Vd
      17th of Feb, 2010

DO NOT BUY FROM CELLHUT.COM. What they are doing is a FRAUD. The form of their business is a bait and switch.
    I placed an order for a phone. The drop down menu clearly had my mobil carrier on the list.(it had a very long list of carriers at the time) Was promised shipment the same day. (it was indicated that it is available).
    In reality it took 2 weeks to get the phone. After charging the battery I realized that the phone is not working with my mobil carrier. I called Cellhut to only find out that during the 2 weeks of waiting to get my phone their web site was updated and according to a new web page my phone only works in Asia.
    (out of that long list they had on the day I was placing an order only Asia remained). And they are basically refusing to admit that they changed the web page, making you sound like an idiot. All you get out of representative is that Cellhut is not responsible for anything. I think they made a lot of money sending this e-mails to people during Valentines Day, offering "great savings" on the phones that do not work in US, period.
    This company should be prosecuted. This is false advertisement and plain lying to people. Taking their money and not being responsible for anything.
    I am surprised that they are not being sued yet. If any attorneys are reading this maybe I is time for a class action law suit.

• Ce
      15th of Mar, 2010

DO NOT BUY FROM CELLHUT.COM!!!

I purchased a phone on February 15, 2010 and had
    selected rushed delivery. When I had not received my phone for
    several weeks I sent several emails to customer service and never
    received a reply.

Through talking with the customer service representative I was able to
    have my rushed deliver fee removed from my order status on the cell
    hut website but this change never showed up on my bank statement. The
    cell hut customer service representative promised the phone would
    definitely be at my house by Wednesday, March 10th.

The representative on the phone was very misleading. I called back on
    Thursday, March 11th after the phone did not arrive and the
    representative said that the phone was on back order for at least 3
    weeks and that if I wanted I could cancel the order.

Thus, I told the representative to cancel the order and please refund
    my money. My cell hut order status shows that the order was canceled
    but it still has me being charged for the phone and the warranty.

• Te
      10th of Apr, 2010

I ordered a phone from here. I cancelled it within the next day. They said that they would refund my money within 3-5 business days. So I decided to call them. Series of waiting for 30 minutes at least to talk to a representative but the thing is the waiting was no hope. I was connected but they just hang up on me. I had to place a dispute with them and hopefully they will refund my money. I just ope someone would read this before placing an order with them.

• Sh
      29th of Jul, 2010

JOIN CAMPAIGN TO SHUT DOWN CELLHUT.COM

I ordered and paid for Nokia N900 + accessories on 18 May 2010. The phone never arrive. For the first month, Cellhut.com customer service gave me [censor] excuses about the phone being out of stock and new delivery within 1 week. After another month they changed the status of the order from Pending to Canceled. No email expanation, NADA! The next month the [censor] was 10 working days to process the refund. Then 5 more working days. Then could be done in 2 hours. Now they just hang up on me and I am taking up the matter with Nassau District Attorney's office for Internet fraud crime. They are skanky and very very dubious. These robbers must be brought to justice and website down for good.

• Sr
      17th of Oct, 2010

I purchased a BlackBerry Storm2 9550 supposedly (Unlocked) from this company a couple of weeks ago. I used
    my AT&T sim card and it took a while for it to connect to the AT&T network when it finally did it continued to drop connection constantly bearing in mind that there are two other friends using their BB at the
    same location as I am and they are able to text make and receive calls using their AT&T sim in their BBs. So I decided to go through the phone and troubleshoot the issue hoping that it could be resovled simply by activating or deactivating a feature. One of the first things that was noticed when trying to make a call was the fact that
    my default number is 281-253-6106 which is not my number in any shape or form. Further investigation revealed that the number is a locked Voice Mail and Call Back number registered to a Verizon partner in
    Texas named Cellco Partnership DBA Verizon (see attachment). As stated before even when everyone else is getting a signal the BB is constantly in the search mode or displays SOS. An email was sent to www.cellhut.com and there was no response from any one from in the company a couple of days passed then I sent another. I currently have in my positions a $429.99 paper weight and based on what I have seen and read on these sites I don't expect to hear a peep out of this company further less my issue being resolved. I have to blame myself since I really needed a new phone in a hurry to keep in conact with my 10 yr daughter and i didnt do the required research. I will stick with site such as Amazon.com from now on NEVER me again...

28th of Oct, 2010

I bought an 'unlocked I phone'.Received the phone which was jail broken and was bricked.I asked for a RMA on the next day.They 'declined the RMA request as it won't meet their terms and conditions!!' Jesus, they basically sold me a non working phone and wants me to live with it and accept the fact that I was duped of around 500 bucks by these cons.