Celebrate Children International / Bad Adoption Agency to use

1 1757 W Broadway StOviedo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-977-2810

This adoption agency is unprofessional, mentally abusive, threatens their clients who are paying their salary, and lies to their clients. They threaten to take your referral away if you ask too many questions, gossips about their clients, forces clients into psychological evaluations for asking too many questions, lies about what is taking place during the adoption process, and sabotages processes. Families BEWARE. They will destroy your life.

An

Comments

• In
      3rd of Feb, 2010

What I find interesting about this complaint and many of the others I have seen is that it contains the same "cookie cutter" allegations, but no hard facts, about Celebrate Children. In what way was this agency unprofessional, abusive, and threatening? If I did not know better I would believe that one person with an axe to grind has done a "cut and paste" of the same vague rant on every complaint site available.

Our experience with Celebrate Children was excellent. We found the interactions with the staff to be timely and informative. Promises that were made were kept and the process occurred as it was represented.

While in Ethiopia we stayed in a guest house with families from no less than 4 other agencies. Without exception, all of these families who witnessed the interaction of the local staff and the condition of our child indicated that Celebrate Children was better than their agency.

• Be
      6th of Feb, 2012

I agree 100% with International Adopter.
    My husband and I are in the middle of our 3rd adoption through CCI and and never had a personal problem with Sue or any staff member of CCI. They have always worked hard to answer any questions we have, and sometime the answers are not what we hoped, or we have to wait while they find out the answer for themselves, but they have ALWAYS been able to help when we had a problem. Our 2 Ethiopian adoptions went through very smoothly, and our current adoption is slower by far, but by NO fault of CCI/Sue. It is a brand new program to CCI and we were told up front that there could be complications and delays. we now have an official referral for a 10 month old girl and are waiting for Court and then travel(after losing 3 unofficial referrals, due to lack of Due Diligence on the Social Worker's part in DRC, not Sue or CCI).
    Sue has been not only a great facilitator for our adoptions, but a great friend, and it hurts to see such a negative post about her and CCI. As I.A. also commented above, if you read all these "Anonymous" complaints on the review boards, they are all very similar, if not identical on some sights.