Catholic Charities Of The Archdiocese of Chicago's / thursday night supper

Chicago, IL, United States

My name is Reginald Hood and I regularly attend the suppers at the Catholic Charities at 721 No. Leslie in Chicago Il. Everything was fine except another free dinner recipient named Gloria. She's a middle aged caucasian woman that frequents the daily dinners and sits at the same table that I sit at, but in the same chair almost all the time. Well...Thursday, my good friend Markeara Looney had two of her teenage children come to the dinner, but they showed up too late to sit at the same table with their mom who was sitting on the other side of the room. There were empty seats at the table where I was sitting. So, when I noticed their dilemma, I motioned to her that there were 3 empty seats at the table I was sitting at and to send them over. One teen came in the room about 10 minutes before the other, so I naturally sent for both of them to sit with me because they are very well-mannered and sweet. and she motioned to me to watch over her teens while they were there at the table where I sitting. Gloria pounced from her chair and started yelling at all three of us as if she decided who sat where at the tables. She ended up arguing with half the people at the table, using profanity and causing a huge commotion. There was no apparent reason why she would do this and the only thing that differed from her and the teens and I is that we are not caucasian. It was explained to me later that she has a history of doing such things and that she often calls or writes in to get the security guards fired or moved elsewhere. Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Stop helping this lady before reputation get ruined undeservedly. This meal program is a really good thing. Stand up good people!!!

Mr