Castlerock Security / Automatic Renewal

Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

This company is bad news all the way around. I signed up for a 3 year agreement with them in May of 2007. The young man who installed the system put it in wrong. He wired the system to an outlet on a switch. The whole system turned off when anyone flipped the switch. We decided too late that we did not want to keep it, and they never came to fix it. I have paid the account in full, and now have been automatically renewed... oweing them for another year of service that I do not want. BEWARE... these people will bleed your money from your checking account FOREVER if you sign up. I learned a HUGE lesson from this. NEVER NEVER NEVER buy anything from door to door solicitation!

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2010

These people do not care about the customer and the monitoring is a joke my system has been disconnected because of a bad inside house phone wiring and they did not know--told me I had to call them to test the system--that is not what I was told by the sales group --It would be automatic if they could not monitor---

• Tr
      5th of Aug, 2010

CastleRockSecurity.info this is the address of the CastleRock Security Complaint Forum, if enough people use it, it will beat castlerock's own site for searches of "CastleRock Security"

• Cm
      7th of Oct, 2010

Because there had been numerous breakins in my neighborhood, I called castlerock in June of 2010 to make sure they had all my updated information. The agent on the phone mentioned my 3 year contract was almost up & tried to get me to update my system for an additional 3 years. I told him I was planning on moving within the next year & did not want to make the financial commentment. In mid September someone tried to breakin my house, they pryed the door open and set off the alarm but they did not enter. They never contacted me, they contacted my father because they never updated my info. My father had to call me and told me they said they would call the police. When I got home my door was wide open, they left a voice mail on my home phone, police never showed up, they never called back to follow up. Now I am finding out that because I did not submitt a 30 day notice prior to my contract ending back in June, which the agent failed to mention nor did I recieved any renewal reminder from castlerock that I am automatically renewed another year. It will cost close to $300.00 to discontinue this service. They are sleezier than the crooks that break into your homes. If anyone has any advice on how I can fight this or if I can fight this I would appreciate it.