Cash For Laptops / Bait and Switch

Reno, NV, United States

BAIT and SWITCH!

I had an iPad 3rd generation which was less than a year old. The iPad was a gift When we took it out of the box, we immediately had a Zagg shield installed and then put the iPad in a leather case that was specifically designed to keep the edges and corners completely covered.

We upgraded to a larger iPad and decided to sell this one. I got an offer online that was less than what I could get on e-Bay but decided to avoid the hassle of ebay. I accepted the offer. Got the kit and sent it back in the 2 days that would get me the bonus gift.

Fast forward several weeks. I received a call from Cash for Laptops with an updated offer that was 60% of the original offer -- $140 reduction. After complaining for more than 30 minutes and then being put on hold for 15 minutes, I was connected with a "supervisor" who assured me that he would personally look into the situation and then call me back within 24 to 48 hours. This supervisor promised that he would send my iPad back if we couldn't come to an acceptable price.

The next day I got a call back from someone else who upped the revised offer by $20. I told that person to send me my iPad back. He told me that I had agreed to letting them evaluate the machine and adjust the price. When I told him that the other supervisor had agreed to return my iPad, he came back with another $20 increase. I told him that also was unacceptable and that I thought the company was a bait and switch company. He came back with another $20 increase and told me that I had to accept that because I had agreed when I first accepted the offer.

After a long, unpleasant conversation, I agreed because I felt like I had no choice.

While I understand this company has to make money ... I think they should be honest with people and let them make their own decisions. BEWARE!!

Dr