Cash Converters United / Beware when you buy of this store!

1 Kenhorst plaza on Road 724Kenhorst, PA, United States Review updated:

I bought a sony psp and 3 weeks later the power button would not work i went to the store and they told me that they could not cover the warranty beware when you buy of this store. Also they sell used objects on prices like it was new in the store but the warranty they give you sucks

Va

Comments

25th of Aug, 2008

I put a computer on layaway at Cash Converters, that consist of a CD Rom Drive, and a Burner. Because the computer had just arrived, their policy is there is a 7 day wait, incase it was stolen. I put a $100.00 deposit, and waited for the 7 days, and went back to pay the balance. However, when the person brought the computer and put it on the counter, it was wrapped with so much tape, I did't notice anything. But after getting home and finally unwrapping it, I found it was not the computer that I had purchased. Immediately, they were telephoned, and I was told to bring the computer back. However, after bringing it back, and speaking with a so-called manager, the person who sold it to me, was no longer employed by them. They told me that the computer that they gave me was the one that was purchased. But the one that I purchased, was equipped with a Burner, besides a CD Rom Drive. They said it didn't. I asked for my money back, a replacement, or store credit, but they refused all three(3) request. The Better Business Bureau, was contacted but no satisfaction from them. My next option is to file a complaint in small's claim's court. So if anyone is planning to purchase anything from Cash Converters, think before you do so.

• Na
      19th of Mar, 2009

I was a manager with Cash Converters for about four years, I can say that this complaint is just a customer who did not do their own homework on the product they bought. If the computer was wrapped up and was up and running, they should not have bought it, but instead waited until the 7 day waiting period was over and checked the computer over once it was running. that way this customer would not be out their money. However, as a former manager with cash converters, the store should have at the very least given a store credit for the amount paid or done a 80% buyback for the computer. The manager the customer spoke to, should have known that; the custormer is always right and to make them happy upon leaving the store. This is how I would have handled the issue; I would have offered the customer a store credit reciept for the amount paid and offer apologies for any inconvienances. Our goal at Cash Converters was and still is to provide quality products at a fair price, but since the items are used, there is always a chance of a problem with the items. We aim to always settle the issue without causing any customers to be dissatisfied with OUR company.

19th of Feb, 2011

i brought some virtual dj equipment so that i could make the change from vinyl to digital i got it home was excited to finally have it cause i paid the deposit and the rest when i went to buy it when i installed it all it came up saying protection error so i went on the support sites it told me too, so i did what they said to do by putting the serial number in on the site but it comes up already registered so i cannot do anything with it because in the lisence for the softwear ( cash converters should check this ) its only able to be installed on 2 computers and for it to be re-sold express permission has to be given by numark which they wouldnt have, i took it back to the shop yesterday and got there at 5, i looked at there website which said they shut at 5.30 and surprise surprise they were already locked up and all in the shop i had walked miles on the understanding they shut at half 5 i got told thru the door they shut at 5 every day for the last 2 years, if thats the case do u not think they should update there website ! i am about to go back down to take the ion ice back and tell them it was against the law for them to even sell it and make a complaint about the way they spoke to me when they shut early and also to make a complaint about having the wrong times on there website which an employee there told me were 2 years out of date !

• Ju
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Cash Converters International - Laptop windows false certificate
    Krugersdorp
    South Africa

Bought a laptop last desember. Windows cert. Invalid. Do you still have the details.