Cartridge World / Bad service

1 2055 Westheimer Rd.Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Two printer cartridges that I purchased at Cartridge World went bad immediately upon putting them into my HP Lazar printer. The black one left a line on the page and the blue one was leaving blue splotches on everything. I took the cartridges back with the original receipt. The business owner VAN told me that I had not purchased them at his store. I told him that I only purchase cartridges at Office Depot and Cartridge World. Office Depot does not see 'refurbished' cartridges. I even had the original box with the tag and numbers. He said that he never sells that brand so I didn't buy them at his store. So at worst, he called me a liar, at best, he was saying I don't know what I'm talking about. I had been told when I purchased them that if there was any trouble to bring them back. Well I did and I did. But obviously they can not be trusted at their word. Nor do they sell good cartridges. I had purchased other cartridges there that went bad or didn't even PRINT and didn't bother to take them back. These cartridges were for a lazer printer so they were $72.00 a piece. I was cheated!!

Va

Comments

• Ra
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Cartridge-world - Good not shipped , card charged, a scam
    Cartridge world aka 1-800-toners

Cartridge-world aka 1-800-toners (obselete now)
    operating under cartridge world name is a scam ....
    Charge your card, no good delivered , and business numbers are bogus disconnected numbers. AVOID. These bums are not going to get a red cent. Take a walk dummies.

• To
      29th of Oct, 2008

Um well, first off Office Depot does sell and use refurbished cartridges on both ink and toner. Could very well be a Office Depot remanufactured cartridge which are pieces of junk. Try taking it back there to get a refund.

If you are so truly upset about this, which you seem to be since you took the time out of your day to write about, I suggest you take it to Corporate. They have their number on the website.

Cartridge World is the leading remanufacturer of both ink and toner cartridges in the world. And they do have a 100% gart. If they can not follow that then they are liable if they advertise it.

• Ge
      12th of Oct, 2009

Cartridge World sells junk... Stuff fails too much...

• La
      15th of Oct, 2009
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

----->Yup...

• Ph
      3rd of Mar, 2011

March 3, 2011

I appreciate being forwarned. I started to order cartridges from Cartridge World, but, after buying them from a company in the recent past which advertised a bargain but were not useable, I'll save myself the grief.

• Ar
      1st of May, 2013

Absolutely a bad bargain. Don't even look at buying a refilled cartridge.

I was under the impression that I am saving some money by buying a refilled cartridge. But I got a huge shock when I realized that the cartridge I got refilled from Cartridge World Old Delhi Road Gurgaon printed only less than 850 pages against the 1600-1700 as claimed by the Carridge world. The printer model: HP Laserjet 1213Nf MFP. The new cartridge costs around Rs 3200/= and prints around 1600 pages (or maybe more as that comes from HP as standard one). At half the cost it almost printed half pages. Even the chip that they use doesn't count the number of pages printed.

This besides the fact that you also lose warranty. I registered a complaint with their HO, following which some Mr Budh Rattan visited my office and assured me that he would get the next cartridge refilled free of cost and he also sent me an email from his email Id Abhishek (sector14.gurgaon@cartridgeworld.in). Following which I didn't take any further action.

Two days before our printer ran out of ink and I reverted him to fulfill his promise. As expected they never replied. And then started the chase I called him yesterday around 12 Pm asking him to do the needful. He promised that he would have the cartridge delivered before 4PM. When he didn't reach at 4 PM I called again then he told me that he would have it delivered before 12 PM today. This feedback is written at 14:57 PM and a rude shock comes through he tells me to have it arranged from some other place and he wouldn't keep his promise.

I know this feedback would get deleted immediately or be moderated, but whosoever reads, kindly do a recheck before getting into such a huge hassle as it doesn't really make sense and there is absolutely no cost effectiveness, besides you lose warranty.

• Bo
      25th of Feb, 2014

We have used Cartridge World Ink and toner cartridges in all our printers for 3 years now and have had1 problem that was fixed by store owner.
    Over the past 3 years we have saved over $2000. If you have a problem talk to the store owner or go to Cartridge World web site and complain.