Carmax / LIES & SCAMS!
CarMax is horrible, horrible, horrible! They lied to me and treated me very rudely.
Recently, my 5-year old truck broke down. It needed major engine repair. Instead of fixing it, I decided to sell it and buy a newer truck. I called CarMax and spoke to a salesman.
I told him that my truck was not running. I explained the mechanical problems in detail. He said that it was not a problem. He said I would get less money for the trade-in, since it was not running, but that "we are definately still interested in buying it." His exact words.
I made an appointment to have my truck appraised. I paid to have the truck towed from the repair shop to CarMax. When I got there the salesman was nowhere to be found. I was "greeted" by a very grouchy woman who seemed annoyed with life in general and me in particular. I was made to wait about 40 minutes past my "appointment" time before a salesman even talked to me. There were no other customers so I don't know what took so long.
After the appraisal, the salesman informed me they would offer me $50 for my truck. That is correct. Fifty dollars. For a 5-year old truck that is perfect except for the engine problem that can be fixed for a few hundred dollars. I saw similar trucks for sale on their lot for $6000 and up. Some even older than mine.
Needless to say, I was outraged. I was expecting at least $500 to $1000 for the trade in. I tried to tell the salesman how ridiculous the offer of $50 was and he got angry and practically yelled at me.
I did not sell my truck to them or buy a new one from them. I do not recommend CarMax to anyone. They were rude, grouchy and they outright lied to me. A complete waste of time and money.
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - Be well prepared to enter a nightmare world! 
- Carmax - They underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - Some facts about CarMax 
- Carmax - Scam and cheating 
- Carmax - It's a den of ###s 
- CarMax Business Services - repair of clutch toyota matrix
- Carmax - my car is no good
- CarMax Business Services - return policy
- Carmax - total loss of vehicle
- Carmax - purchased a cadillac cts from carmax in dec 2013. the car over the next 38, 000 miles has required more than $14, 000 in repairs