Carlton Pools / Don't do business with them

Carlton tries to bully people into their contracts. They put contingent upon financing, you get denied and they try to not let you out of the contract, as well as trying to tell you can not build with any other company for two years. Who are they to tell someone what they can do with their own money on their own property, just because of being denied for credit.

Other people have told me horror stories, like they designed their pool wrong and tried to make them pay an extra $10, 000! For their mistake. Also, it took them 4 months to build their pool, so they did not even get to enjoy it for the first summer.

Va

Comments

• Je
      21st of Jul, 2008

Thank you so much for the information. I have searched Carlton Pools and have found VERY NEGATIVE INFO about this company. I absolutely WILL NOT USE them for my pool installation.

• Mr
      26th of May, 2009

I found this article useless. I am in the process of hiring a contractor to build my pool and Carlton is one of the pool companies I am considering. I have to honest and say that I have done a lot of homework including calling the local consumer protection agency and Carlton gets very good reviews. What I dont understand from the author of this article is your intent? Was it to just bad mouth Carlton or did you actually have a problem with them...as you did not state the actual problem you had!

• Ni
      11th of Aug, 2009

I have to agree. CArlton is a good ole' boys club with insecuriy issues. As a company they have little interest in customer satisfaction. If you challange or, God for bid, have an original thought, they can not manage. They either respond as if you have spoken a different language or they get their back up. It is ashame. I wanted to believe in them, but it was a mistake. Also, they will tell you that they have no subcontractors, but they subcontract the electric work and Henney is a nightmare. (not sure if that is spelled correctly). Mr. D. if you want specifics I would be more then happy to give them to you, but not in a public forum, yet anyway.

• Cr
      18th of Aug, 2009

Carlton is a irreputable company and does not stand behind the work what so ever. I have a pool from them that has a crack after a year. They avoided addressing the issue and now are not willing ot correct the problem. They are willing to patch it as cheap as possible. But I am sure after a year you do not wnat a pool that with a crack. Think long and hard if you did not sign the contract yet and if you did. God help you if you have a problem.

• Gi
      15th of May, 2011

They are full of empty promises. I am from the Toms River, NJ area, and the store in that area should NOT be visited with any form of pool repair installation in mind. For one, they are completely overpriced. Second, the manager at that store, Henry Munich and his installer, Chris, do not know the first thing about how to treat a customer. I was promised that my pool problem would be taken care of, and 3 months later, I haven't heard back from them. When I called the store manager to find out what was going on, he bascially told me that the problem is out of his hands and that I need to contact the installer. The problem with that is the installer never calls back. The store manager also told me that he won't be able to have these conversations with me any longer because the pool season will be getting busy. So basically, because I am only having a partial installation done, they don't care about me. If you are getting an entire pool put in, that's a deifferent story because money is the most important thing to them...not customer service. I have found a wonderful pool company in Green Brook, NJ...Sunpools. Ask for Bruce! He is fantastic and so are his installers!!!