Care.com / termination for no reason

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I have been with care.com for around a year now. I recently upgraded to a premium membership and things were going fine. Well yesterday I responded to a women who needed help with cleaning and organizing. She stated she was going through a divorce and needed someone who was non judgmental. I told her I would love to help her and I completely understood where she was coming from, being divorced myself. Today I got an email from care.com saying my services had been terminated...WHAT ???? No explanation, no anything. I also recently had my background check done again, since it was about to expire. I had been with them for, like I said a year, and haven't done anything to worry about. I don't understand. Talk about a slap in the face ! As someone said earlier, I don't care about your policies. If I haven't done anything and I have been a good client, then why not give me an explanation ? What is there to hide ? Then to find out they will let people who I have corresponded with know of my termination ? What am I supposed to tell them, they just decided to dump me for no reason ? Please...give me a break, when did common courtesy go out the window. I will definitely be one of the ones contacting BBB and anyone else I can think of. If they can't have the decency to tell why they let me go, then they aren't decent enough to do business with ! And please no responses from care.com. If you couldn't tell me by now, I don't want to hear it ! There is no excuse for plain rudeness, policy or no policy !

Mi
Apr 15, 2013

Comments

• Ba
      21st of May, 2013

This JUST happened to me! I did nothing wrong and now I can't get a new account with them! I attended a program where you couldn't work for 9 months so I'm looking for a job and I had several interviews set up. I am EXTREMELY upset about it! They did, however, refund my background check. I've noticed quite a few people are having this issue. I have a totally clean record and everything.

• Wj
      11th of May, 2015

Same thing happened to me while seeking care for my mother. I paid, communicated with several possible caregivers and then an email stating I was removed from their site. What the hell? When I tried to reach out to them I was told decision was irreversible and they could not tell me why. What a sorry excuse for a company not to mention the rude costumer care employees. I would not hire anyone affiliated with this company to care for my dog at this point.