Capital One / payment plans

1 1680 Capital One DriveMs Lean, United States Review updated:

First of all I am appalled at the employees that work in your call centers at Capital One. Not only do they not listen (or care to), but they are completely unwilling to be helpful or even kind. My understanding of a “Customer Service” Rep was just that – to help customers. Apparently this is not the case at Capital One.

I recently got a 2nd salary cut ON the same day my Capital One raised my interest rate to 22.9%. I had been going thru a hardship for almost 6 months now. I have mortgage that I am trying to modify and now my 2nd salary cut that I am trying to deal with. I have stopped using the card as of Dec 2009.

On March 23rd I spoke with Neele and told her I was unable to pay the minimum payment at such a high rate and would need to discuss a payment plan with someone. I told her I was only able to afford $100 a month. She said that was fine and would adjust the account.

On March 26th I went online to pay and payment was still $195. I called again and spoke with Anna (R4aE015) who wasn’t listening to what I was saying and was robotic in her answers. She said there was nothing she could do and transferred me to an Account Manager

I than spoke with the rudest, unhelpful employee I have ever dealt with, John (PKX791 – he was hesitant to give this to me by the way) who was not listening either. I explained my situation once again and told him I was being proactive and trying to set a payment plan so CP One could get there money. He informed me that if I didn’t make the minimum payment of $195 – EVEN IF I MADE THE EFFORT TO PAY AT LEAST $100 – after 90 days my account would be considered delinquent. I wanted to clarify this with him, because I can’t imagine ANY company not wanting to work something out with a customer WHO was at least trying to pay off her debt. He clarified that there was no point in me making a partial payment, since if I didn’t pay the minimum my account would still be delinquent.

After that, I realized that there was no point in wasting my lunch in talking to someone as unhelpful as John, and that is why I am writing a letter to CP One and the OCC.

I can make $100 payments until the account is paid off. I have been a member of CP One for more than ten years now. At the time with a mortgage and a car payment, I can’t afford anything else. I am trying to do the right thing and pay off my debt, but at now making $20/hr – this is all I can afford at the time. My other credit card Bank of America was more than willing to help me out and put me on a payment plan.

If Capital One refuses to work with me than I don’t know what else to do.

Comments

• Ge
      14th of Mar, 2010

I also owe Capital One Bank. I have tried calling them and set up a re-payment plan so that my payments would be lower and all late fees would stop. And th APR would be lower. The other three cerdit cards have agreed to the payment plan. Capiital One will not agree to a payment plan. The people at customer service do not understand and really do not care about the customers. When I do get them paid off and get my other credit cards paid off I am going to close out the accounts and just start using cash. The banks just do not care about their customers any more.

• Da
      6th of May, 2010

I agree. I also owe Capital One and I was over my limit. I am making at least more than the minimum payment each month. I was working in a temp job, which became full time recently and I could only afford a little over the minimum. However, their so called call centers, WHO ARE NOT CALLING IN THE UNITED STATES BUT IN INDIA, kept harrasing me and putting a proverbial gun to my head to force me to make a decision regarding how much to pay and to set me up in an unrealistic payment plan. I have several times hung up on them and threathened them with a call to my attorney general's office, which kept them off my back for a while. Now even with a little over the minimum being paid and I'm still over the limit because of these bs fees, these ### have put me in collections. Plus the collection agency when they called me asked outright after asking if they were talking to me for my DATE OF BIRTH!!! I don't believe this is right and I told the women twice that I don't believe in giving that information over the phone. She still was able to pull it up. At the moment I am ready to start paying this sucker off and to tell them to go to hell in a handbasket. Their customer service reps in INDIA are disrespectful, inconsiderate and unwilling to help or understand the situations that some of us may have. I worked for a rival financial institution which does not exist anymore for three years and I can tell you this...CAPITAL ONE SUCKS and all of their employees should go back to training for manners and how they treat their customers. That's my two cents.