[Resolved] Candlewood Suitesfalse charges

Pr Jan 22, 2014 Southfield Review updated:

Stayed at the Candlewood Suites from July 29, 2013 -January 18, 2014. I had black mold in my home and the insurance company had me to pay for accommodations and reimbursement when it work was completed well I had to look for another place to live because they could not fix the problem. During my stay at this hotel the management changed and long stay people were treated terrible . I paid at the end of every week. The new manager wanted to increase my security deposit...and started harassing me every morning calling my room waking me up when they knew I worked afternoons ( I am a contractor for a private home schooling company) . When I stood for myself I was locked out my room and seemed to be watched every time I left the premises. I was told on of all days Christmas Eve that I would be evicted if I did not pay my balance which was not a Friday. I had to come up with money before I even got paid that Friday to stay. A family friend paid on my room for me I was there at the phone for authorization for one time payment. After many more unprofessional situations I decided to move out on January 18, 2014 because after asking the sales person for information for a family reunion schedule for this year, I got a really nasty outburst from her 'Are you staying that Long"...I said no i just wanted to know the policy. I decided to leave, I paid a total of 9, 000.00 for eights months of rent which I can write off on my business taxes and I will be reimbursed for half from insurance company, but when I checked out they charged a family member card for the balance when we agreed to a cash payment. I want anyone reading this to know that this hotel has nice workers and some of them work at the desk but the operations/general manager are rude and do not treat long stay people the same as Corporate company clients and private company clients who pay in advance for rooms.My room was cleaned but I had to ask and they only wanted the money. Oh yes, finally is "pending transaction" is not pending it is a CHARGED TRANSACTION. We plan to go to corporate in Atlanta in person to complain.

• Resolution statement

• Candlewood Suites Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2012

Dear Etheridge M,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Katie J
    IHGCare

Comments

• Et
      Oct 12, 2012
    Candlewood suites - Bad Service/ Charges
    IMG
    Rocky Mount
    North Carolina

Stayed at the Candlewood Suites because they are a corporate partner. Moved out because they kept charging my personal card i used to hold reservation. Weeks later they are still charging my card with no resolution in sight. Have contacted corporate office with no help. Please stay away from IMG establishments, trust me you will regret it.

• La
      Apr 04, 2013
    Candlewood suites - Bed Size
    Candlewood Suites
    Pennsylvania

There's no way this bed is a queen size. The lady up front swears there's only queen & king at this place, but there's no freaking way.