Canadian Tire / after changing the oil mechanic forgot to tight the engine oil drain bolt

1 2129 St. Clair Ave West, M6N 5B4Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-766-8141

I recently went to Canadian tire Keel/St. Clair or my Honda Accord 2000, for Oil Change. Job was done and i was called that my Car is ready. This work was done on May 22, 2008 @ 14:29hrs, My invoice no 394619. On May 23, 2008 I noticed that my car is leaking oil, I was surprised that how come suddenly my car is leaking oil so much. It used to be clean and not a single drop under my car, My car has only 124792 km, I put my car on jack and went down an found that you Canadian Tire brilliant and extraordinary mechanic, forgot to tight the engine oil drain bolt. This is such a irresponsible and poor work which could cost me thousand of dollar. If I lose the bolt on the highway.

Comments

9th of Aug, 2008

Had the same thing happen to me at a Canadian Tire in Guelph ON (Stone Road store). After noticing the oil I checked and found the drain bolt loose, so tightened it, went ti store to complain, after some back and forth they gave a voucher for a free oil change.
    Like the poster stated, had it fallen out the engine could be ruined. My car was only 4 years old with under 80000 kms at the time, pretty new to ruin over a drain plug!
    Honestly, I like CTC as a store but think that you are taking a big risk having any mechanical work done except for tires, I have heard SO MANY horror stories that it is hard to believe.