Canada Computers . com / Scam for ordered broken/used computers

1 Markham, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

This computer company sells used stuff such as tower cases, once i ordered a tower xclio 380a and they sent me a worned box of a tower i ordered online. I did not expect a box that was so worn out, and when I open the box to take a look at the box the tower had 3 cracks and scratches on it. I was so dissappointed so i called the help line and all they said was to call the courier and complain to them because there was insurance on the shipment. I also ordered a Asus 790GX motherboard along with the tower, the motherboard also was damaged. There was two damaged slots in the socket which i did not notice while i install my cpu onto the board. I called the help line again, and this time they say its my fault for breaking my cpu and theres nothing they could not help me with, and i kept telling them 2 out of 7 items they sent me was damaged.

Never order from www.canadacomputers.com. I perfer other computers sources such as www.ncix.com if you were to order from canada.

Comments

• Er
      27th of May, 2011

This is a typical experience with Canada Computers. After shelling out $150 on a motherboard that was $5-10 cheaper at Canada Computers that anywhere else I regretted my decision. I found out that the store had knowingly sold me a used motherboard that had been installed improperly before I purchased it that was also defective. When I took the motherboard back to the store, I had to wait 10 minutes before a "technician" (this term is used lightly because I doubt that he knew anything about computers) finished inspecting my motherboard during which he VOID THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY. After this damage was caused by the employee I was told that because the motherboard had physical damage, I could not exchange it or get a refund. Even their head office refuses to do anything for me except give me a %50 refund or ask the manufacturer nicely to replace it even though it was Canada Computers fault that it was broken.

• Ro
      20th of Mar, 2014

I have a similar issues. CC damaged a laptop while in their possession and now REFUSE to fix it. Arrogant, deceitful, some one you don't want to do business with are just a few of the descriptions that come to mind. Run away as fast as possible is my advise.