California Pizza Kitchen / Overpriced items and bad service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

A few months ago, I went into the local CPK. This was the one in Bellevue Square mall. We were seated with a bery rude attitude, and the waitress asked what we wanted to drink. We ordered 3 drinks. Before that, we asked to move seats, and she said, "Fine!...". Then, since there are free refills, we asked for differnt flavors this time. She replied with an angry voice, and we felt she was having a bad day. But then, when the food arrived, she set it down with a huff and left.

This leaves me to tell you, CPK may have good food, but the overpriced items and bad service lead to a big no-no to consumers.

I will never again return to CPK.

Va

Comments

• Go
      29th of Oct, 2011

Back in the Summer of 2008, my co-worker called in an order to the local CPK in Riverside, CA for the whole office on that floor. I'd never had CPK's before and decided to buy into it too. At the time they were selling a Fettuccini dish with the option of adding a protein. I paid extra for chicken. My order came out to around $11 and some change. I opened my tray to about 1 cup of pasta and WHOOPING GRAND TOTAL OF 4 little 1 1/2 inch slivers of chicken. Did I really just pay $4 dollars extra for this? Yes I did.

My colleagues were much angrier than I was and encouraged me to call and complain. I was disappointed but not mad enough to start yelling at people over it. Peer pressured, I kindly asked them why I received so little chicken on my entree. After being put on hold a few times I was finally connected to a woman whom was the manager.

I could hear the wide taunting smile on her face over the phone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In between snickers she "apologized" to me for being disappointed with my meal. There was more giggling in the background as she said this. With humor dancing on her tongue she told me those are the correct portions and if I wanted more chicken, then "really just ask for more chicken." To clarify, I asked her if I'd have to pay another $4 for 4 more inches of chicken which earned another chuckle from her as she confirmed. She told me I'd receive a coupon in the mail and we hung up.

At first I wasn't upset by the whole ordeal until I witnessed the sheer lack of professionalism from the MANAGER of all people. She turned a minor incident into a customer-losing bomb shell. It took months for the coupon to show up but by then I'd already decided there would be no more business between CPK and I and gave it away. What a horrible first experience. I've never been back.

16th of Jan, 2013

I totally agree!!! Thats the nastiest ### I have EVER eaten @ a place that serves pasta dishesPlus its way too over priced for the food to be so NASTY! Chilis has WAY BETTER pasta dishes. Matter of fact they are to die for! They're bartender is a BIG JOKE and needs to take his ### back to school for a refreshers course QUICK!! I had to send my drink back TWICE and after the 2nd time I said screw it just give me a soda!! My horrible experience was @ the Huntington Beach location. I went on my birthday because I'd heard sooo much hype about this place. BOOOY was I highly dissapointed!!! I ordered the pasta dish with a few little DRYED UP pieces of chicken on top. The pasta was dry as hell to where I had to request extra alfredo sauce and it STILL was nasty!!! On top of all that since it was my bday they gave me a slice of cake of my choice on the house. Well after I got back to my hotel room I was going try my cake and it too was just HORRIBLE!!! It tasted like it had been sitting in the frig for two plus it was DRY! This place just really SUCKS!! I would rather have a personal pizza combo @ Target than to ever spend money in that place again. I went this past May of 2012. BEWARE folks this place aint what its cracked up to be so don't believe the hype!!