Calgary Herald / withdrawal of extra money without permission

12o Flavelle Road SECalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 403 255 4054
I agreed to support a promotional deal with a University student that approached my home. She was selling a promotional deal through the Calgary Herald that provided me with three months of the newspaper for 37.20. I agreed to this promotion only and agreed that I would call by the deadline of October 19th, 2008 to cancel the subscription. Unfortunately, I had made a mistake and provided a banking cheque for my closed account. So, understandably, they called to make an inquiry. I provided a customer representative my correct banking information and made resolution to my mistake. Anyhow, after checking my account, I discovered that the Calgary Herald actually took 75.00 without my permission. I called to complain and instead of getting this resolved, the newspaper was no longer delived. I did a follow up call, only to find that the have sent out an amount of 45.00. Now, such a large and prestigious business is scamming people out of their hard earned money and they can not even resolve complaints from their own mistakes. I take this as a business issue because I had numersou calls at the beginning about the money not b eing able to be retrieved, letters to me complaining about the problem and all along it was resolved. They had actually taken more money than I gave permission by this contract. A written contract and somehow the customer is the victim? I am still trying to resolve this issue and merely get my money back and I never want to subscribe to this newspaper again. What a horrible experience!!

More Calgary Herald Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sa
  8th of Nov, 2008
They did the same thing to me!

Calgary Herald Logo Calgary Herald