BuyDiscountCigarettes.com / Do not do Business with this Company

1 Jemez Pueblo, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-437-9797

BEWARE OF THIS BUSINESS!
I have been ordering cigarettes from this company for almost a year now with no problems. I normally receive my order within 3 days. I placed my last order on 10/01/08 and they debited my account twice on 10/02/08. I noticed the double billing on 10/03/08 and immediately tried to pull up the website to get the 800 number. I received a page that said that the website was being upgraded and to check back later. Eventually, after a few days, I was able to pull up the website and get the number. I have been calling ever since and have encountered a constant busy signal. I have made over 100 attempts to call this number. In addition, they had taken the e-mail option for contacting them off the web site. It is now 10/13/08 and I have still not been able to reach this company. I know there has to be others out there going through this same situation. If so, please e-mail me at JCK206@AOL.COM and let me know.

Comments

• Na
      14th of May, 2007
    BuyDiscount - Two unauthorized charges for service I never used
    Pakistan

I found two entries in my credit card bill from 8009303520 BUYDISCOUNT 800-9303520 US vendor/retailer. First bill posted on 30 April and 2nd on 1st may, i never used this kind of item or whatever.

• Wa
      14th of May, 2007

I hate it when they charge

• Ro
      14th of Oct, 2008

I am having the exact problem too!! There service was great and now they won't anwser my emails and the phone is busy all the time. Do you notice the address on there page changed it was at new mexico and now its New york. Sound fishy to me.

• De
      14th of Oct, 2008

Now I understand why I am getting nothing but a busy signal. Get this...I can't even log into my account on their site now. I had hopes of checking to see where my last order was???

I also placed a order 10/01/08 and still have not seen the order. I did check my bank account and they have already cashed the funds. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Ty
      14th of Oct, 2008

I going through the same problem.They already took the money from my account.Anybody know what to do??

14th of Oct, 2008

Same deal. Placed e-mail order, Oct 1. Usually by their 888 phone number, but busy signal, so did e-mail. over $500.00. my checking account was double e-check debited. I have used this business since 2004 without a problem. It was a Jemez Pueblo, N.M. business, now this "Irving, NY" thing. The Jemez Puebo websites say nothing about this "tribal enterprise, " no contact seems possible. My account seems frozen at "approved, payment made, packing in progress, mail label printed." My e-mails are not answered. I may be out over $1000.00 due to the double e-check account debit.

• Sh
      14th of Oct, 2008

Same here. I ordered on oct 1 and 3 . They took my money on the 5th and that was the last i heard from them. the order sat in approved status, and then packing in progress for ten days. then yesterday i could not get on the site at all. It seems that they are no longer shipping to ny or vermont and they have simply deleted all ny and vt. customers from their records, rather than call their customers and tell them there was a problem. Finally after almost 200 phone calls I just got through and the supervisor told me that the cigarettes should arrive on monday for the last time as they are not shipping to ny anymore. and if i did not receive them to EMAIL----rowlett@eztobacco.com. So try the 1-888437-9797 now she said the phone company is there installing new lines now. and like I said...I got thru. Hope this helps.
    Steve

• Va
      14th of Oct, 2008

I to have the same problem and same date of 10/01/08 order. They did have notice they were moving and were having new phone lines installed. But this is poor business and the new company taking the money out of my account was Keystone Cigs. After 4 emails demanding a status of my order and no response it is concerning to me also.

• Br
      14th of Oct, 2008

I have done business with them since 2005. Order placed 10/3/08. No response from them except they took the money from my account. I have not been able to contact them, phone or e-mail. I do not live in NY or Vermont. My account says "shipping label printed, being packed" They will not answer e-mail.

• Sh

Folks,
    I hate to say this but I think we may have a problem here. The more I thought about my conversation with the girl from buy discount herein to be referred as bd, I got the impression that bd has been bought out because look at the email she gave me (rowlett@eztobacco.com) HELLO! I got a bad feeling in my gut about this and the fact that she told me that cigarettes would arrive on monday was her just putting me off. If bd is filing for protection under section 11 we would be up the creek unless we lay claim before that happened. I'm not a lawyer but I was in business for 40 years, and this does not smell good. I am putting my email address in this and I would suggest that we all contact each other collectively through our own emails so we can get together with a strategy. If you would like you can all email me and I will keep us all together and share any singular email with all of us. I hope I am wrong but I would rather be pro-active than reactive. Think about it and email me if you wish. Any emails I get I wil share with the group.

I hope your day gets better,
    Sincerely
    Steve Hurn--------------------shurn@twcny.rr.com Cicero NY 13039 315-288-5295 office

• Di
      14th of Oct, 2008

Having the sme problem since 9/28 or 9/29. So far only submitted one charge to my account, though. My order is "in process of packing" since 9/29. My emails have been "rejected by server" in three attempts. Have wondered if bankruptcy is progressing, and why the website apparently will take orders if they aren't shipping. There was a temporary notice "we are working day and night to fill orders" - and there is no website for KSAP Irving NY. There is a website for EZ Cigarettes.

• Ju
      14th of Oct, 2008

I am having the same problem. My order has been packing in process since 9/30, thankfully the ACH has not been submitted. Just sent them an email though I don't really expect a reply.

Has anyone checked into any other places online for purchasing cigarettes?

• Ro
      15th of Oct, 2008

I ordered 9/29 and account was debited the next day. After many phone attempts, I finally got through on Friday and got the same story: system problems, phone problems, adding more lines and the order would arrive Monday, which was a blatant lie since it hadn't even shipped yet. I sent an email which was "rejected by server" too. Today my Spybot app tells me the site certificate is invalid and the site may be phony. My hopes that this is just a "glitch" that might be resolved soon are fading fast. It looks like we've all been ripped off, doesn't it?! And the fact that they (or others) are still taking orders means the scam is still going on...
    anyone know how to shut these thieves down?
    Rob

• Ha
      15th of Oct, 2008

I ordered from them two weeks ago and am getting a busy signal they wont answer my emails. They are scamming everyone who comes along. These people have got some nerve ripping people off like this. It is so wrong on so many levels. I hope we can take some action on this. If anyone has any news on how we should take care of this please contact me hailey@stiguns.com. Thank you and I am so sorry for everyone.

• De
      15th of Oct, 2008

I have ordered from this company for years. There were a few problems, that they always fixed immediately. Not now. I am experiencing the exact same problem as everyone else. Bank account charged twice (they did this once before earlier this year, but fixed it before I even noticed), and no shipment. Numerous phone calls, and all I get is a busy signal. However it sounds like even if I did get through it would not do any good.
    Dean

• Ke
      15th of Oct, 2008

Same problem here. I placed my order on the 8th and my acccount was debited on the 9th. Still shows my order is waiting to be packed. I have tried the number hundreds of times...still busy. I have tried the email (info@buydiscountcigarettes.com) but no response. I have been in communication with my bank to see what I can do. I may have to file it as an unauthorized charge to my account...not sure how that will work since I did place the order. I hope it is just a glitch and customer service will improve, however I am very doubtful.

15th of Oct, 2008

"Buydiscountcigarettes" is supposed to be a mail order business run by (or run for) the Jemez Pueblo Reservation people, New Mexico. That's the way I have seen it advertised. I wrote an inquiry e-mail to "Itoledo@jemezpueblo.org" Toledo is listed in their tribal goverment as administrative assistant to the tribal chairman. I asked if BDC is actually one of their business enterprises and, if so, what the hell is going on. This was yesterday (Tuesday, 10-14-08). No reply as yet. If I ever get one, I am afraid that I'll be told that the business never was theirs to start with, or "somehow" it was internet pirated as a one-shot, quick score scam with all of us as victims. Meanwhile, I am having my bank (Chase) try to recover my two $571.00 e-checks amounts that these ### stole. I need to find another company to deal with for the product, but who can I now trust? Any suggestions? Joe.

15th of Oct, 2008

Wow. Looks like I'm NOT the only one feeling like I've been felt up by a creepy uncle. I placed an order on 10/9, charge cleared my bank on 10/10 and still no smokes. Online info says waiting to be shipped, emails gone unanswered, and phone number still rings busy. I'll keep an eye on this board for more info... feel free to include me on any legal action in an effort to recover my money, should it arise. As if folks didn't already have enough to worry about financially these days... all I can hope for at this point is that these folks get some karmatic payback.

15th of Oct, 2008

Sorry if this is redundant info, but I did soem further digging and the eztobacco.com folks appear to now 'own' buydiscountcigarettes (or something to that effect). Make note that buydiscount's mailing address is the same (sans name of company) as ez.

EZTobacco.com
    P.O. Box 365
    Irving, NY 14081

(866) 398-6222
    (Mon thru Fri, 9AM to 6PM EST and Saturday 9AM to 4PM EST)

Oh, and of course, ez's phone number constantly rings busy, too.

15th of Oct, 2008

Me again (sorry for the spam)... did even more research online with the Better Business Bureau. Did a national search for Buy Discount and they are listed (twice). Interestingly enough, the Irving, NY company appears to be owned by the same folks (and probably has been for a while).

Lots of good reading here, though. I encourage you to dive in. I hate to be a stick in the mid, but if we all don't get screwed on this it'll be nothing short of a miracle from the looks of it.