Burlap Bag Clothing & Boots / unprofessional management/unethical working environment

1 31 S 32nd StCOLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States Review updated:

I worked for them a whopping four days and was asked to leave today for asking a question. Diane the owner told me when I had my interview that she pays well over minimum wage and we would discuss it further that following Friday. She never told me what she was paying me and neglected to even inform me of when I was going to get paid. I asked her a question in regards to where I needed to put an invoice and she vaguely replied just "somewhere on the counter where she could find it later." When I asked if it was ok to put it where she had all her other papers, she blew up at me and said I'm "always trying to go behind the counter and keep getting in her space and I just need to leave it alone", the counter with the cash register mind you where I needed to check people out and where she had her paperwork scattered everywhere. We had an altercation there afterwards when I advised her that I was asking how to do it correctly so I could learn the right way and help them by doing my job right. That is when she said I had an "attitude and should just leave and call it a day." I was very much caught off guard and even more so when asking about my check and pay, she replied, I "might get it today and she was maybe going to pay me minimum wage." She also advised that she was going to give us as "many hours as she could but no promises", so she not only lied about the position being full time but also the pay rate being "way higher than minimum wage." She is unprofessional, doesn't know how to treat her customers or employees, and lies just to get you to do the work without the payment, horrible management, and terrible training habits. I am a very hard working, honest person and have never been talked to or treated this way by anyone, nor did I deserve it, and I can't believe it even happened. When I called later today about my check she said it should be ready tomorrow so hopefully after I get my check and make sure she pays me for hours worked, I'm never going back.

• Updated by Broncogurl, Jan 15, 2019

Burlap Bag/Colorado Springs, CO

• Updated by Broncogurl, Jan 19, 2019

Wow you guys are really sad for trolling a complaint over the misspelling of a word and calling me childish?! You people are pathetic and have no idea what a horrible experience this was for me and yes I am a very honest, hard working person, and anyone who has ever known me can attest. Frankly, your ignorant comments just shows how sad and miserable you guys are and I'm 32 years old lol far from a child. I have been on my own my whole life and have taken care of myself and not that I owe anyone an explanation but I grew up in many different very abusive homes and didn't have a decent parent to raise me so the fact that I chose the road I did and turned out half decent is by the grace of God. You guys are real winners for going on just about everyone else's complaints and just insulting them for no real legitimate reason at all, sad, pathetic, and just down right disgusting.

Br
Jan 16, 2019

Comments

• Mr
      18th of Jan, 2019

Well, since you worked there a whooping four days and not a whopping four days, I'm with naere on the childish bit.

19th of Jan, 2019

@Mrs Bean Where do you see whooping you ignorant loser it has always said whopping and who tf cares? Lol dumb

19th of Jan, 2019

@naere I wasn't calling anyone dumb I was referring to the comment but of course you are the genius that can't read and decipher properly but I'm the one with bad grammar because of a misspelled word, wow you two really are pathetic go get laid or something lol

19th of Jan, 2019

@naere No...I just said dumb as in the comment so you really need to get a life.

• Di
      19th of Jan, 2019

@naere Were also reporting you for hacking her account, you have to be the dumbest 12 year old to troll a page...lol

19th of Jan, 2019

@naere shes telling this other twit to kill himself so how is she NOT a four year old??? we're dummies [lol, great vocab!] but she tells others to go kill themselves???

19th of Jan, 2019

@Broncogurl Genius WHO can't read.

did someone steal your periods?

20th of Jan, 2019

@Mrs Bean I DID NOT WRITE THAT I would never tell anyone to kill themselves I'm telling you someone is having accounts, they did it to DisappointedShepard too you ignorant fool. The best you got is to complain about grammar, who cares?! I really can't say it enough, how sad you two are, get lost!

@Broncogurl *hacking

20th of Jan, 2019

@Mrs Bean I'm sorry but what four year olds have you been around that tell people to kill themselves?! I NEVER SAID THAT ANYWAY YOU PSYCHO, I would never tell anyone that, no matter how pathetic they are. This whole thing is shady and so are you two, commenting on grammar when you guys sound mentally disabled. Get some help!

21st of Jan, 2019

@Broncogurl With your attitude no wonder you only lasted a whopping four days. Yeah I agree with the others if you are going to call someone dumb and a child learn how to spell better and use better grammar. When you make these statements basically you are claiming that a child is and dummy is smarter than you.

21st of Jan, 2019

@Broncogurl No one is hacking any account. You just do not want to admit that you are wrong grow up.

21st of Jan, 2019

@Broncogurl You did say that. Guess you are four years old. Also since these our year olds have better spelling and grammar than you do you are saying you are dumber than a four year old.

21st of Jan, 2019

@Mrs Bean Even four year old's know to use periods and capital letters. Funny how this 32 year old does not. Hum. Guess four year olds are smarter than she is.

21st of Jan, 2019

@DisappointedShepherd They said they said they were 20. If they are 12 why are you asking them to send you naked pictures of themselves you sick man. You want them to be 12 because you said that you were attracted to 12 year old boys. Guess that is that was hacked?

21st of Jan, 2019

@DisappointedShepherd Also that 12 year old is smarter than you are. Has better spelling and grammar than an adult like yourself. They know the difference between telling you off and trolling. Also I too got private messages where you bragged about raping your mother. Sick man.

21st of Jan, 2019

@Broncogurl I didn't say you wrote that.

How simple minded are you?

21st of Jan, 2019

@Broncogurl Mentally disabled or not, having a better handle on grammar is better.