Budget Van Lines / Poor Service and Damaged Household Goods

Lewiston, United States

I arranged an order with Juanita Evans with Budget Van Lines on 15 Nov 2014 to move my son's household goods from Texas to Idaho. My son works for the US Wildlife and Fisheries at the Dworshak Fisheries Complex in Ahsahka, ID.
The booking fee was $218.00. We were told that the carrier (Oasis) would arrive between 21-23 Nov 2014 and notify my son at least 24 hours in advance. Oasis didn't arrive until late on 24 Nov 2014. They never called 24 hours in advance. My son had to call them to find they were not arriving until the 24th. When they picked up my son's household goods on 24 Dec 2014 the carrier agreed that they would arrive in 7-10 working days despite the standard 3-21 days given on the agreement. The 7-10 working days would have made the delivery date 9 Dec 2014. I paid the carrier total of $2240.68 and they said there would be no further charges.
When my son arrived at the original destination of Lenore, ID, he found out that it was a con. It was a house that wasn't finished, so my son had to find another house in Lewiston, ID. We notified Buget Van Lines on 3 Dec 2014 of the change of destination and they said they would notify the carrier. The carrier then called approximately 12 Dec and said their truck broke down and would not be able to get there until 17 Dec. The carrier never showed up on 17 Dec, but called and said they would arrive at 9:30 PM on 19 Dec. On 19 Dec at 9:30 PM the carrier called my son and said they had arrived at the original address of Lenore, ID and had never been notified by Budget Van Lines of the change in address.
The carrier finally arrive at my son's home in Lewiston, ID on 20 Dec 2014 and said they wouldn't unload my son's household goods until he paid an additional fee of $152.00 for the change of address. When my son called and told me this, I immediately called Budget Van Lines Customer Service and they said because the access was difficult to access. This was a lie, as my wife and I were just out in Lewiston, ID on 11-16 Dec to help our son set up his house, which I thought would have furniture by then. The house 730 29th St. N., Lewiston, ID is two block of highway 12 on a normal residential street.
Budget hen called the carrier and said the driver was charging for the additional mileage, but they couldn't reach him because a phone reception. This was also a lie as I've been on my cell phone with my son numerous times on 20 Dec and I'm calling from my other son's house in Minot, ND.
They finally agreed to offload my son's household goods.
The original agreement was to cover my son's mattress and box-spring with plastic and box them up. They only wrapped a couple of blankets around them, but I was still charged $40 for packing materials. My son took pictures of all his furniture. They damaged an end table, coffee table, dining table, chest of drawers, and there was a water stain on the mattress. My wife and I just bought all this furniture brand new from a furniture store in Lubbock, TX in Mar 2014. I furniture damaged cost approximately $1000.
I served in both the US Air Force and US Navy for over 20 years, retiring as a Naval Officer. My family was moved 12 times all across the US and even from the Philippines and never had any problems with the carriers moving my household goods.
Additionally, I'm a disabled veteran and have worked for the Federal government for approximately 11 years. I'm currently a senior executive with the Department of Defense. For this reason I'm also filing a memo of record with the DoD Office of General Counsel to warn any DoD or military personnel not to do business with Budget Van Lines.
Additionally, after the supervisor at Budget Van Lines said they would waive the additional fee, my son called and said they still charged him an addition $100. The carrier, Oasis, said the Budget Supervisor said to charge the fee and that she had just told me that it would waived to appease me. In other words the Budget Van Lines supervisor, Tanya, LIED TO ME.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
I want at minimum of $1000.00 from the carrier Oasis to replace my son's damaged furniture and a refund of the $218.00 booking fee from Budget Van Lines for their incompetence and the stress it has put my family through.

Br