Bray and Scarff / Poor customer service

1 Laurel, MD, United States Review updated:

I bought a wall oven (an expensive one) from Bray and Scarff. After a few months of (infrequent) use the electronics went haywire. 3 visits from a service rep failed to solve the problem. I was forced to keep calling B&S Customer Svc to tell them the problem was unsolved. They kept requesting to send the same rep back even after he claims he swapped out everything relevant. I was told 4xs I would get a call from the Mgr. Never happened. The sign in the store says "if we can't fix it, we'll replace it". I'm holding them to that till hell freezes over. Bray & Scarff has very poor customer service. Think twice before trusting them with your business.

Va

Comments

• Je
      5th of Feb, 2009

I wish I would habve read this before using them...same experience. I'm not letting this one die...

• Th
      7th of Dec, 2010

Could not agree more! I also have had terrible experience with Bray and Scarff and will NEVER purchase another appliance from them. The most recent was a high end Kitchen Aid dishwasher that the salesman talked us into. While I had read lots of negative comments on Kitchen Aid recently, he assured me that they had never had any problems with them. We did not buy the 5 yr service contract which was very expensive and seemed unnecessary for a $1000 dishwasher. Within one year the electronic control panel malfunctioned and was replaced. When he replaced it, the technician told me that they in fact had seen a lot of malfunctioning control panels contrary to what they salesman had said. Two months later it malfunctioned again and this time it was over a month to get the replacement part. I complained that twice in a year for the same part suggested a defect and he said that after 3 times for the same part, he would recommend replacement of the dishwasher. It is now 6 months later but after the 1 yr warranty and it malfunctioned again. Assuming we would finally get this dishwasher labelled as a defect, Bray and Scarff informed me that the technician who had come before was no longer working there so they could not recommend replacement of the dishwasher -- apparently the same technician needs to see the dishwasher all three times! And since I had not purchased the 5 yr warranty, there was nothing they would do for me except come out and charge me for the replacement which is several hundred dollars (which appears to last about 5 months if we are lucky). I told them to review their records to see that we had purchased every appliance from them since 1980 but they stood firm that there was nothing they could do. My husband reminded me that we had a similar thing happen to us twice before over the years so will never step foot in one of their stores ever again.

• Mi
      29th of Dec, 2011

Bray and Scarff is a scuzzy company! They do not stand behind their products. They are selling products based on fraudulent information. I have a KitchenAid convection oven/microwave combination that is just 2 1/2 years old. In the last 6 months the oven has gone out twice and the microwave has gone out once. I cannot use the self cleaning feature without the oven thermostat giving out completely. Each time the oven goes out, it takes a month to get parts and have the repair done. The last time two service people were out and they smelled so bad we had to air out the house after they left. I bought over $8, 000. of appliances from Bray and Scarff when I remodeled my kitchen. I will never work with this company again. They are dishonest and incompetent. Being a designer I have lots of opportunities to discourage people from dealing with this business.