Boingo / can't get through to customer service
After months of trying to figure out what this charge was that kept coming up on my bank statement, I finally realized it was the Boingo subscription that I allowed my son to get when he was traveling. Now, I did not realize this was a subscription but that's what I get for letting him do something without being there to see it.
I called the 800 number listed on my bank statement, that is also the one listed on the Boingo.com website. After one ring it tells me that the extension I have dialed is not answering and to press 0 for an operator. So I press 0 for the operator and get looped back to the message that the extension I am calling does not answer.
I tried going to the website to cancel and couldn't remember the stupid username and password that he had set it up under. So I emailed customer support who told me:
We are sorry to hear that you wish to close your Boingo account. If there’s anything we can do to change your mind, please let us know.
As a security measure, we do not process cancellation requests via email. Also, we were unable to locate a Boingo laptop account associated with the email address you have contacted us from. Please contact Boingo Customer Care using the phone numbers listed below. We are available 24/7/365.
So I emailed back stating that I could not get through on the Customer Care line and got the following response:
Thank you for contacting Boingo Wireless.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this may of caused. As a security measure, we do not process cancellation requests via email. Please contact Boingo Customer at 1.800.880.4117 to assist you in the cancellation of your Boingo account. We are available 24/7/365.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again in the future. We are available 24/7/365.
I finally figured out the username and password and went to the site to cancel my subscription, but they don't have that option on their site. So now I will have to contact my bank to tell them not to allow any more charges from this company so that I can stop wasting my money every month.
My suggestion? STAY AWAY FROM BOINGO!
More Boingo Complaints & Reviews
- Boingo Wireless - scam 
- Boingo Wireless - you will automatically get charged, and they will not warn you about that 
- Boingo Wireless - do not give them your credit card info, they will use it again and again to charge you 
- Boingo Wireless - stay far away from boingo wireless 
- Boingo Wireless - once boingo gets your credit card, they keep charging it no matter how many times you request them to cancel 
- Boingo - my internet service;nintendo switch
- Boingo - unauthorized charges, excessive charges, unethical behaviour, terrible customer service
- Boingo - pathetic customer service
- Boingo Wireless - unauthorized credit card charges
- Boingo - prepaid wifi