Bluegreen Resorts / fraudulent business practices

1 12400 South International DriveOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4079054100

Greg Thomas, Marketing Director, for the Vacation Package Sales Department entirely misrepresented the profitability of entering an agreement with Bluegreen to sell their vacation package. Bluegreen was supposed to get qualified tours for their Fountains Resorts Sales Department and we were supposed to be able to make a profit on the sale of the vacation package. Mr. Thomas made promises about the potenial earnings that were false, more directly he lied about the quality of the phone leads that Bluegreen provided as a client base for contact to sell the package to. The "first quality" leads, that Bluegreen charged $3/lead were supposed to be 48-72 hours old. The leads were forms filled out by the general public removing them (the client) from the do not call list and providing contact information in order to get them on the phone to prospectively sell the package to. What Greg Thomas actually provided were leads that were any where from 6 months to two years old (example: "fortst quality" leads purchased in November were from "Spring Home Shows--does Greg Thomas understand calendars or seasons?). When confronted with this misrepresentation of facts Greg Thomas acted as if he did not know that the "first quality" leads Bluegreen was charging top dollar for were garbage. To date he still maintains the farce that he sold "first quality" leads when they were nothing of the sort. I strongly urge that noone enter into a business deal with Bluegreen, especially not when Greg Thomas is involved in the deal. I have come to believe that nothing that Bluegreen promises can be relied upon. This should be a warning for consumers as well--if Bluegreen (via Greg Thomas) would lie to us (their business associate) then they would definitely lie to the unsuspecting timeshare client, I have heard horror stories from Bluegreen owners that were lured into purchasing into Bluegreen's point system of Vacation Ownership only to find out that they were overcharged initially as well as overcharged for the ongoing maintnenance fees the client forks up annualy--sometimes for unusable amounts of points that could never be used for vacationing as the "suspect" salespeople at the various Blugreen Resort destinations claim. After some research not only did I find that Bluegreen's BBB rating was an "F", but they were under litigation in various states for misrepresentations to consumers across the board. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY--THEY CONDONE DISHONEST AT ALL LEVELS OF THEIR SALES ORGANIZATION WHETHER A FELLOW BUSINESSPERSON OR VACATIONER STAY AWAY FROM BLUEGREEN--GREG THOMAS LIES TO PEOPLE WITHOUT REGARTD FOR ANYONE'S SAFETY OR FINANCIAL WELL BEING, I AM CERTAIN THAT THE REST OF THE ORGANIZATION (based on my research) IS MORE OF THE SAME.

Comments

• Fr
      29th of Dec, 2010

We were suckered into the Blue-Green scandel! How do you get out of it?? We have never used it and we purchased it back in October of 2008. Just this November I found out that our points expired. Well if you dont have the money to go on vacation, how can you use it?? We have wasted so much money on this and feel that we are now stuck in the scandel. Any suggestions to get out of this Blue-Green TimeShare???

• Ca
      25th of Sep, 2013

This complaint is Fraudulant and no one gets suckered a recorded contract w/ you agreeing to the terms out loud and a 5 day period to read those termsis given. Hmmm... Yep the sucker always blames everyone else.
    BTW nothing is guaranteed in business or in life move one...

31st of Jan, 2014

In 2012 my husband and I got an invitation for the blue green at Orland Florida. We went there and they told us to be early in the morning next day for a reunion for one hour. That was a lie we stay there about 4 to 5 hours. They never tell us it was to purchase a unit. I am disable and was getting very depress, so they to us a lot of lies, and we believe it and we sign the contract. My cousin told are you sure what you sign?. She was right. One month later they invite us again and we went and guess what to sale us more points. I only used two hotels and I have to paid for. When we went to the key they have roon and we paid with point and cash the told us to see next date in the money and we went guess what to sale more points a the bad thing was the opinion of the salesman, no lose the time with them because they no have a good credit and very nasty way.
    They never explain about the bonus point how it works and the gateway with rci and the rentals with rci. we were blind.
    so right now my husband has parkison in the 2nd stage he can't drive and his disable. so I need to get together with your office so we can do an arrangement to continuing making payments . and it is lot more to said.