Bloomex / Dead flowers

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I purchased three dozen roses to be delivered on Valentines Day. When they arrivede, several of the roses were broken and most of them were black. It was obvious that they had frozen. So far I have made numerous attempts to contact Bloomex, with no response. I will be contacting my credit card company to try to get a refund...

Br
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Yv
      11th of Feb, 2009

Good day,

I order some flower on jan 27 to be delivery feb 10 and the order # 863326 and I paid extra money for morning delivery.

At lunch time feb 10 I phoned my wife and no flower was ever delivery to her. so I went on live help to complaint and the lady told me after she look into the matter that the flower will be delivery before 5.00 pm so much for paying extra for early delivery. she said she will send a request so I could be reimbursed.

My wives stay at work until 4:45 on feb 10 to see if the flower will be delivery. no show

Feb 11 at lunch time I phoned my wife to see if she received the flower still no delivery. gilbert from bloomex said she should refuse the flower because more than likely they are dead.

At around 14:15 feb 11 the driver delivery the flower. he was to chicken to face my wife. he drops the flower on the first desk that he saw. than he left right away. my wives look at the flower and they are all dead, damage and smell smoke. she is allergic to smoke, since when the driver are allow to smoke in their delivery truck?

I phone canpar to find out from them that the flower left calgary on saturday for a 3.5 hrs drive to edmonton.

What happen to the flower between saturday to wednesday?

It is a very long time for the flower to be sitting somewhere.

The lady at canpar told me the flower left the warehouse in edmonton on monday.

Why the flowers were not delivery on monday?

She also mention no way I should paid for the fee to return the flower to bloomex because it canpar driver fault.

Now bloomex keep arguing with me that I have to pay the $10.00 fee for return to sender. we want the flower to be return and refund my entire fee not because we don’t like them. because canpar driver took to long to delivery and they were all dead, damage and smell like smoke.

It like if you order a pizza and the driver delivery the pizza the next day all cold and wet. of course you will refuse the pizza. than the pizza manager said by the way you have to pay a fee to send the pizza back to us.

Please look into this matter. I hope the driver from canpar will get fire for not doing his job right.

I am away from home for 6 months and it was something that I want to do to make my wife happy on her birthday. it turns out to be a disaster.

Yvon

• Yv
      19th of Dec, 2008

Need to get ripped off, need to waste your christmas money? if you do order bloomex. ca this company will guarantee to rip you off.. try getting someone to help you after you have placed your order and they have your money lol... thats a joke, customer service has a script and if you don't like the script they disconnect you.
    The point is to frustrate you enough that you say screw it, I only spent 60$ no big deal, they count on this thats why you are ignored continually.
    Check out all complaint sites and the better business bureau before ordering with bloomex. ca save yourself the aggrivation..!!!
    Have a nice day...
    Bloomex doesnt pay ex employee's thier last pay either, dimtri doesnt pay you unless you lie for him. he prefers we go to court and that works for me. so I will see him in court and I will keep letting people know what kind of business he runs and what kinds of person he is.. he is a crook and would no doubt rob his own mother if he could... crook crook crook crook... lousy buisnessman and not much of a decent human being...
    Sincerely yvonne
    Ex employee

• Re
      1st of Mar, 2016

This is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Their staff and managers are rude and obnoxious. They do not deserve to be in business. If you call and talk to a manager to complain that a staff member hung up on you, the manager treats you with an attitude and also hangs up on you !!!

Buy your flowers and baskets from ANYONE other than Bloomex. They deserve to go out of business.

• Al
      16th of Jan, 2014
    Bloomex On-line Florist - - Poor service
    Bloomex Floral Services
    Ottawa
    Illinois
    Canada

I would not order floral arrangement delivery through this company. They don't care about their customers. My friend overseas ordered a straightforward arrangement of two bouquets, with specific instructions on the makeup and delivery time.
    They totally changed one of the bouquets and ignored the specific delivery time guidelines, leaving the package at the front door.
    Worst of all, despite repeated complaints (6 or more) to them, in which I simply asked that they send a courteous apology to my ladyfriend, they never even acknowledged the letters.

• In
      24th of Dec, 2008
    Bloomex - Ontario, London - Non -delivery/Poor products
    Bloomex
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

Really bad experiebce with the company - Twice

Once in September - Ordered roses... Delivery was late by a day/ Flowers were poor quality (old and withered)and they changed the colour from red to pink... apparently they have some sort of a substitution policy... No refund or product replacement offered. Sent them pics of the product and according to them the roses were in 'acceptable' condition.

December - I thought it would be a one off so tried using them again ... This time used same day guranteed delivery... 3 days later and the order hasnt shown up yet... Have contacted them and each time they say they need to contact their production dept and they would email me (this has happened 3 times and havent heard back from them again)
    They then promised delivery yesterday before 12noon ... needless to say nothing turned up .

I for one will not be using this company again .

• Br
    Vancouver
    British Columbia
    Canada
    bloomex.com

Can not be trusted for delivery. do not order from t his company.

They promise same day delivery but do not deliver. I order a 200 dollar basket and told them it needed to be delivered before 4pm. I ordered it at 11am. 2 days later the basket has not been delivered. they have no telephone support for orders. you can call and make an order but no one will help you with an existing order. the women was extremely rude on the phone when she finally called me back. she told me they do not guarentee delivery before 5pm - but the person who took my order told me it was no problem. two days later the package has not arrived.

When I called my card company, they told me I was the second complaint about bloomex that day.

• Iv
      9th of May, 2016

I was sent flowers for Mother's Day and what I actually received was dead flowers, she I took them out of the box the flower petals started falling off. I immediately took a picture for proof. This morning I called Bloomex to complain and was told that a Supervisor or Manager would be calling me back. I called them back and was told the same thing, I'm still waiting. This is such a scam!

28th of Nov, 2008

Ma'am no offense but this really isn't relevant to consumers nor is it going to improve your situation. It definately isn't relevant to this site. Also, don't you think it is counter productive to your efforts to post all your information online including how much money you made? In a time where privacy is so important to consumers, you are posting all this information about yourself including your email address and earnings. It is unlikely that the company will pay you anything if you keep posting similar things. I know I wouldn't pay you.

If you have an employment contract, you are better to go through the courts if a company owes you money. Also, judges take into account almost everything so every post you make and all the information you give works against you in a court of law. More importantly, you are giving away any information that you have that the company is not aware of.

Also, no one knows who you are talking about when you mention names of people in the company. Maybe this is a conversation that should happen between you and the company and not on an online complaints board.

1st of Dec, 2008

Exceptional service! After placing an order with Bloomex for delivery to my daughter in Red Deer, AB, I was informed that my daughter's work address had changed, and I was sending her the flowers to the old address. I contacted Bloomex, where the service rep was very pleasant and corrected the delivery address for me right away. The flowers arrived on time the next day as requested, my daughter put them on her desk at work because she "wanted to share their beauty with everyone". Great service and wonderful flowers.

6th of Mar, 2008

My two children who live in istanbul and thompson manitoba had both ordered from bloomex to have flowers delivered to my office for my 49th birthday. one order arrived one day early and the flowers were not only dead, but I found out my daughter had ordered and paid for a larger number of flowers than what was received. the next day an order arrived from my son and his wife in instanbul. these flowers were so dead they fell apart as I tried to removed them from the box. I immediately called the bloomex number and to my surprise, got no satisfaction from them. after a lot of calls and complaints they told me they would have someone pick them up and the money would be refunded to my kids.

Well, to date the flowers have yet to be picked up and the money has not been credited to my kids visas.

I have spread the word for all who I know not to order flowers from bloomex. I also reported them to bbb and found out that I was one of many dozens of reports to the bbb and the company has not responded to any of the complaints.

• Mo
      20th of Mar, 2008

I sent bloomex flowers to my sister to celebrate the birth of my new nephew. the flowers received were dead and not the flowers I sent. I have been in contact with bloomex to have the issue resolved for over a month (luckily my sister took a picture of the flowers when they were received so we had proof). the company has offered to replace the flowers or to credit my credit card, but only after collecting the dead flowers for a $9.99 charge... excuse me!
    I ordered my wedding flowers from bloomex and have numerous sleepless nights because of this incident.

• Ca
      24th of Mar, 2008

This company should be run out of town on a rail!
    I placed an order on march 17/08 for delivery on march 21/08. it was not delivered, but I got an email telling me it was delivered on march 20/08, that would have been great, but it's not true. the confirmation email also stated their agent in kelowna, british columbia delivered to my order destination of morinville, alberta! I think they need a map of canada as well, duh!
    I think someone should pay them a visit - if I could I would!!
    Why do canadians put up with so much crap!!??

• Tr
      29th of Mar, 2008

These are the owners of bloomex - the info includes phone numbers and email addresses.

Domain florist-ottawa. ca

• Tr
      29th of Mar, 2008

• Gw
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I have also had trouble with a non delivery from Bloomex. As I live in the UK and my friend is in BC Canada, I checked online to find a local company to deliver flowers for her birthday-unfortunately not Googling them first to see the complaints against them!
    Several emails later-with no response! and obviously not wanting to phone from the UK, I checked their website again and discovered their online 'chat' facility. I sent a message stating that I was refering my case to Visa if I did not get a refund and received a reply immediately-informing me the 'manager' would be reviewing the situation.
    I have now received a full refund.

• Ba
      9th of Jul, 2008

I have never had such a terrible experience with a company in my life. bloomex delivered flowers 5 days late and dead. when I phoned for customer service, all I got was an operator who said they couldn't do anything about it. I sent e-mails galore! phone calls daily. I finally insisted that the operators contact their head office and tell them to contact me. they never phoned me. this has gone for over a month. had to take pictures of the dead flowers. then they sat on the recipients front porch for 2 weeks to be picked up by bloomex at a cost to me again. then I had to fight with the company to give me my money back. do not, do not, do not ever purchase from bloomex. you will only be disappointed. shame on the people who work for and own bloomex. e-mail everyone you know about this company. we need to get the word out.

1st of Aug, 2008

Absolutely horrible. wish I would have listened to these complaints prior to placing an order. I am now going to await my refund and will file suit against them. not only did my friend in the hospital never receive her flowers... they kept telling me that they were "investigating" the order. the order was already 3 days late at that point. I am livid! went back to my old trusted friends at ftd.com who never let me down!!! what was I thinking to try to change?! do not I repeat do not order from this company. you will not get anyone on the phone and no one calls back and you can only leave messages online or on phone or text back and forth with a rude "live operator"... not sure how they're still in business, but I will contact the bbb and attorney generals office in regard. I can't believe how horrible this "company" is!!!

• Li
      4th of Sep, 2008

I have been trying for over 3 months to get a refund for the dead, moldy flowers that were delivered to my Mom on Mother's Day. I sent photos of the dead flowers to the company, but they have since ignored me. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but unfortunately there is nothing they can do and the company keeps ignoring them too. Does anyone know what else can be done? I'm so livid that this company stays in business with such poor business practices and absolutely no customer support!

• Li
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was frustrated with Bloomex. Here is my story-ordered flowers early on Oct. 21st for my daughter as she was due home from surgery. I order 6 red roses, 6 white roses, a teddy bear, and much to my surprise I had to pay for the vase. Order was nearly $80.00. I was told they would average the cost for the red and white roses as they sold them as groups of red or white. Said the order would be there on the 21st. Did not arrive that day-that evening I started trying the website, but it was closed. Next day got on the chat line, they said the flowers would be sent-later that day -I even got a call from the manager in Ottawa saying he was checking it out. I called my daughter, she said she had just got them-she did not sound very happy. I asked if she liked the roses, she said she got daisies, very cheap arrangement, and was surprised as we always send nice flowers. Got on the website again, they said they would send the roses the next day. Which is today, called my daughter, she got 3 roses and some lilies. She said the whole arrangement is pretty pathetic. Got on the web again, said I wanted a refund as they had promised the roses, did not get them and what was going on. The said they had delivered twice and the order was closed. I asked my daughter for pictures, I am taking it up with Visa

29th of Oct, 2008

Even I too, a florist, have learned my buyer beware lesson from bloomex.
    We have no wire service such as ftd for precisely this reason. large volume call centres and websites can't possibly do the same job a professional florist can.
    We usually contact a florist directly by phone & email and pay by visa. this seems to be the most reliable way to ensure a timely delivery of a good product. I have never had a problem doing it this way.
    One of my newer staff members sent an order with bloomex to help one of our customers get flowers to ontario (it came up first on google and she did not shop around I guess).
    I have been given the run around for a week now on a non delivery. I was offered a resend which does no good as the recipient is no longer in that location (it was for a graduation ceremony) or cancellation at a charge of $25.00. now I have to dispute it with my credit card company. I feel that these guys are running nothing more than a scam.
    I will never use a wire or internet service again.
    From now on all my business goes to small florists in actual retail shops.
    Thanks for sharing your stories, i'm glad i'm not the only person to be ripped off by these guys, and I hope these guys get what's coming to them. failure.