BigSpot.com

Posted:

Have not made any money yet

4.6
BigSpot
Florida, New York
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make some extra money and saw their commercial to do surveys at home. Well it’s been two months and I have more spam and less money! They take your information then keep trying to sell you something.

I thought they were legit like NewDataPublications.com which I have made a few dollars doing surveys.

I give them thumbs down!

Sincerely,
Betty
Bettys-Reviews.com
Complaint comments Comments (48)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Work at Home

Comments

A  17th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have earned $98.30 which I can not get. The web site bigspot.com appears to have gone BUST. They no longer offer surveys and have removed their payment options. I tried contacting their customer support and after about a week I was told the money would be transferred to my PayPal account. Still waiting.
N  17th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I earned $98.30 on Big Spot.com and I am not able to claim it. Their web site appears to have gone bust. They do not offer surveys anymore and have removed their payment options. I tried contacting their customer support after about a week I was told I can get the money to my PayPal account. 2 weeks later I have not received anything.
N  22nd of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
A lot of this is not true, yes they do offer you survey companies to join. They also have their own surveys in fact on my other computer I am looking at them there 25 surveys to choose from, and most of them pay from 2 to 3 dollars. You have to accumulate $50 to cash out through pay pal, or $25 dollars to get a amazon gift card.
N  17th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I too was almost hoaxed into their service. But with little research I knew they were a scam. I am going to share my online survey and experiences and why take them. I am 48 years old and recently suffered a bad accident which left me disabled. The day of discharge from the hospital on the way home I suffered a heart attack (what luck). So now I get a whopping $1700 a month from the government, which is 65 to 75% lower than when I was employed. So I then decided to to research these work at home products. And I have to say I cannot believe the amount of false/misleading crap on the Internet. So after about a month of research and extracting raw data and incorporating it to a spreadsheet I began testing. I started a with exactly 398 so-called free online survey sites for money. I started this approximately mid April, and took my first survey May 21. My current balance and PayPal as of June 16 is $50. My overall balance (including points that I formulated into cash) is $198. Although I do spend approximately 7-10 hours a day. My data (on a spreadsheet) is now formulated in a manner that 8 hours a day, six days a week will generate $300 a month. Not a lot of money, but better than watching reruns of crappy TV. I have narrowed it down to 78 companies, my goal is to have a top 20 that will generate 200-300 dollars a month. If you are interested in the final product reply to this site. I have no website nor do I plan on having one. I probably will share this information via e-mail and will probably pass it on for a small donation (a couple blocks). If you reply we could friend on either Facebook or twitter. But for all you novices you are not going to get rich doing this. I plan on adding a sample on my Facebook account. Good luck, and don't get scammed!
A  26th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
IM GLAD I CHECKED HERE FIRST AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE. THE SITES I CHECKED ON SAY FREE BUT THEY ALL WANTED ACTIVATION FEE OR A BUCK OR TWO FOR SOME REASON OR OTHER. IF YOU DONT SELECT ONE OR TWO OPTIONS IT WONT LET YOU CONTINUE TO DO THE SURVEYS. WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT? TO ME THATS NOT FREE AND SO MANY DAYS TO CANCEL OR THEY AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. YOU HAVE TO GIVE YOUR PERSONAL CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD INFO. IF YOU DONT NO SURVEY FOR YOU LOL WHAT BULL...
N  15th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Wow, am I glad I checked this site before seeking part-time work doing surveys. THANK YOU!! I also want to thank the guys that posted some some descent survey jobs. I like to keep busy and be productive @ the same time if I can. I will spread the word about this site...it has been a God Send.
Sandyday From NC
A  12th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Thank god to everyone here... That I didn't sign up for this B--Sh-t.. Bigspot.com shame on you! Ya'll are making money from people signing up to be apart of something, that we all thought we could make money from! Shame of you again!
N  4th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
FALSE ADVERTISING SHOULD BE ILLEAGEL it allows nothing but bad things to happen so HOPE who ever delivers or allows it gets it BAD !
N  22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am a member of about 30 sites. I average about $100 per mo. not enough to live on but a nice extra.I have been doing this for about 3 years. so it does take some time. the more you do the more they send you. I do get points to refer people at some sites .so if you would like to send me your email address I will refer you to the best I have found so far. I suggest you set up an email address just for surveys and such. its much easier to keep "work" seperate from personal. The invites from sites may go to your spam folder so you would want to check there if you dont recieve anything. also may email me with any questions . my email address is danniellehaley@gmail.com. hope to hear from you
A  20th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is unbelievable. Bigspot.com says on the commercial that you don't have to pay a fee, and you get money for your opinions. In order to get your money, you eventually have to pay a fee to get money. I am glad I read this because I was just about to try Bigspot.com so I can get money to buy some stuff for myself and donate. So, I would say I agree.
N  13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I recently received a $25 Amazon Gift card. Bigspot.com IS LEGIT. I ACTUALLY GOT THE $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD. AND IT WORKED. However, the only reason I was patient enough to put up with continually being "denied" surveys after already investing 5+ minutes in them, is because I was using Bigspot.com while getting paid at my job. So, not a big deal to me.

If you have time to piss away (like me at work), or, you just genuinely just like taking surveys and answering questions about yourself, then Bigspot.com isn't horrible. I'm glad I signed up. When you get to $25, you can cash out with an amazon gift card (or 25 in paypal, apple store, etc), which is very useful to me. Contrary to what others say, it's not just useless magazine subscriptions (if you only have 10 - $20 in your account, only these are opened to you.. just hold out 'till you get to $25).

This isn't a good idea for extra income--you will quickly become aggravated by being denied by surveys you've already invested some time in (this is how it is with most other paid-survey sites, unfortunately). I've heard Pinecone research being really good. Before investing a lot of time into a survey site, you should read some reviews through http://www.surveypolice.com.
A  21st of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
A lot of you are doing it wrong, you aren't checking your email to click the verification link. you have to do that before you get the surveys.

Also, the site seems really horrid on quality control. I've taken surveys that killed me in the middle after answering "I never tried refrigerated/nonrefrigerated almond milk before" so some of their surveys they are giving are scamming their way out of paying you. I've been disqualified from at least a dozen surveys after getting half way through.

I've been using it for almost a month now, and i'm only at $14.40, a horrible way to get some extra cash. and 5 of that was from signing up and $1.90 was for answering profile questions. $7.50 a month is absolutely horrible. Whats worse is you have to get $25 worth of confirmed survey cash before you can actually cash out. the $10-20 options are for some stupid magazines.
N  28th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thank You All for the info. It's been very help full!
A  12th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I saw the tv ad - it sounded good - but when i got to the site, and looked up their contact information under the 'about us " button. There was no identifying info on the bigspot.com site at all - with in 10 minutes I knew it was a spam scam
N  7th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am glad I looked on here . I have never heard of Bigspot.com, but I do Pinecone Research and they pay you $3 for every survey you do. They also send it through paypal which is very nice.
They do have household surveys they do, but you don't get paid for those. Only the product ones.
D  20th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
i too saw the ad on tv for bigspot.com! i joined! i knew i wasn't going to get rich, but maybe have a little fun! i've been working under one of thier companies now for months! i've made enough to get me some cd's on ebay, + half.com! i believe they are a safe + legit company! so, i don't know why all the complaining? maybe nothing better too do!!!
A  24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Of course it is a scam, ###s! The only money to be made is by them... by selling your e-mail address to every company on the planet.
N  10th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
man i signed up once i saw it on tv and i was like most of the survey companies they had on there i already do.

man i did this for nothing. i have not received any surveys from them and hope not too.

i am thinking they want you to sign up for these other companies and they get paid to have you sign up from there website. it makes them look like they are the place to go to sign up for survey companies.

i do 12 different survey companies and some you do not always quailfy for and some take forever to get points i do some alot then others and do product testing. and get points enough to get checks, giftcards, and some companies do paypal

i like opinion outpost

pinecone research

american consumer panel

ipsos-i-say

viewpoint

valued opinions

lightspeed panel
N  10th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
"To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies."

If this is true, then why was it not explained as such on the commercial? The commercial had viewers thinking that Bigspot.com was a survey company, not a listing of survey panels. This leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of people that signed up. Sounds like false advertisement to me as well.
A  3rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
That ###in site is such a ###in a scam! I haven't received a damn penny! I swear I am so ###in pissed n the creator or who da ### came up wit dis ### ### scam of a website should burn in hell for bein such a ###in liar! N den have da nerve 2 promote da ### on tv! Stupid ###!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree