Better World Books / They advertise a popular text book, but send you an outdated text

Don't buy from Better World Books ! I bought a much needed text book. They sent the wrong edition. When I contacted them, they didn't have the edition they advertised and told me to send back the book BEFORE they would refund my money! They are schamers! They advertise a popular text book, send you an outdated text, refuse to refund your money until YOU, at your own expense, return the unordered book. WHAT assurance do I have that they will EVER return my money?

Ka

Comments

• Bw
      21st of Jun, 2010

Dear Pua,

I'm sorry to hear you received the wrong book. I do not know the details of your customer service interaction, but we are human and occasionally make mistakes. I would like to look into what happened. Would you please send your order number or the email address you used when you placed your order to johntu at betterworldbooks dot com?

We do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee that includes a full refund if you are not happy with the book you receive. We do not require you to pay return shipping. If we made an error with your order, we’ll cover the return shipping costs. However, we do require return of the book before we issue a refund, a common retail practice. I look forward to hearing from you so that I can address your concern.

Sincerely,
    John
    VP of Marketing

• Ot
      18th of Dec, 2010

Hardly dishonest - they are clear on their website that they are for profit and they recycle the books they cant sell

I use them all the time and haven't had a problem