Better Business Bureau - Colorado Springs, CO / Pathetic services!
I was a member of the Better Business Bureau for almost 10 years. I was a member as I feel the consumer should have some area of redress without getting the legal system involved. Was I shocked when I filled a complaint against American Furniture Warehouse with the BBB and found out that all they had to do was respond to my letter! No satisfaction, no arbitration or mediation, only write a letter! A letter that said, American Furniture Warehouse did not want my business!
I tried to talk to supervisors at the BBB but the phone system did not offer me that opportunity. Later I was talking to a news reporter about business and I mentioned my experience with the BBB. Six months later (9 months after the complaint) the director calls me to tell me I'm wrong, I should have been offered mediation. As a person who relies on my reputation for business, I felt the BBB director should have done a better job of hiring and managing the employees. Regardless, in Colorado Springs the consumer is without representation. Since American Furniture Warehouse is still a member and treats consumers (and other members) like I was treated, I seriously doubt if the BBB would have done anything to them. Your WEB site has many unresolved complaints against American Furniture Warehouse, which supports this point.
I choose to be only associated with things I respect and have dropped the BBB logo from all my advertising. I feel the BBB logo is not something I want to be associated with. I feel that the BBB did not want to anger American Furniture Warehouse so choose to blow me off instead.
Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado
More Better Business Bureau - Colorado Springs, CO Complaints & Reviews
- Better Business Bureau - BBB - Why you shouldn't trust the BBB 
- BBB - BBB - AmeriPride Tax Group - The Best Ratings Money Can Buy
- Better Business Bureau - rude & dishonest rep 
- Better Business Bureau - Tired of the internet business bullies!!! 
- Better Business Bureau - Fraud & cheating!
- Better Business Bureau - whynotleaseit
- Better Business Bureau - even with your bs new promotion your products are over priced...
- Better Business Bureau - purchase of yorkie puppy and then shipping company requiring 1455.00 for special crate demanding cash 
- Better Business Bureau - frontier communications 
- Better Business Bureau - bbb cover ups and diversion tactics (washington d. c. and chicago)