Belk / loss prevention at west town mall belk

1 7600 Kingston PikeKnoxville, TN, United States Review updated:

I was shopping at belk west town in knoxville tennessee yesterday and one of your employees jonathon jennings falsely accused me of shoplifting. I was approached aggressively in front of the store. He was wearing regular clothing with open handcuffs and he kept saying "where are your earrings" continually to me right in my face. He never once showed me any identification or that he was a member of law enforcement after I repeatedly asked him to show me his badge or any form of id. I was taken back in an office just me and him and I was very frightened. I didn't know what was going on. Beware if anyone like this approaches you don't go with them. They don't even care. I have contacted belk about this and they haven't done a thing about it.

Sa
Jan 4, 2016

Comments

• Hi
      21st of Apr, 2016

Can I ask how you were able to obtain the man's name from Loss prevention? I had a similar issue however I have been refused any rights to the name of the officer so I can file a complaint. This woman threatened me with bodily harm when I tried to leave. She searched me and found nothing. However, I was searched after asking for a lawyer, police officer, or another store employee to be present! I was not afforded any right and was detained by physical force. This woman went way too far. When I asked the store manager for her name to make a complaint I was told they did not give out loss prevention officers name for their personal safety.