Beckfield College / Be Aware

1 Florence, KY, United States Review updated:

Wow! What can I say. I've graduated and still have not recieved my degree from Beckfield College. I'm not the only one this has happened to . I've now been a graduate for almost a year and have not recieved it. Beckfield people have not respond to my requests . And it has happened to graduates who are supposed to recieve a certificate of completion. Just remember that if you graduate from Beckfield or want to transfer to another college or university your course work will not transfer and esentially you start all over again from square one.
How do the people at Beckfield sleep at night knowing this happens to students. I tell you they don't care...
Plain and simple. I saw a quote from a long dead comedian W.C. Fields it goes like this "Never give a sucker and even break". Beckfield should use that in their fancy advertisements. Shame on you beckfield...
There should be an investigation into Beckfield practices or a class action law suit... filed by past students against Beckfield...

More Beckfield College Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      1st of Dec, 2010

There is a class action lawsuit right now at beckfield. it is on the 12 news cincinnati on the internet.

16th of Mar, 2011

No College can guarantee that their credits will transfer anywhere as it is alwats up to the receiving college to evaluate transcripts for transfer. Most colleges (including Beckfield) inform you of this before you enroll. Quite a few (Beckfield included) ask for your signature on a disclosure that plainly states this fact. Most college students who run into "transfer of credit" problems are the ones who fail or are kicked out because they cannot hack it - they are the only ones interested in transferring to another college. Those who complete their 2 year or 4 year degrees programs graduate move on and have successful lives and careers. Look at Beckfield's doumented Retention and Job placement rates. You have not received your Degree because you did not earn one, Certificates of completion are for losers who did not meet the FULL requirements in a Degree Program.
    This lawsuit is a bunch of losers who were dismissed or withdrew because they could not hack it, failures. Now they want to blame everyone but themselves for their choices and actions. Personal responsibility is a thing of the past in today's "it's not my fault" society. These losers and their parasite lawyers want to pressure Beckfield into settling for cash out of court for an easy payday.

• Mr
      27th of Mar, 2011

I graduated from Backfield March 17th 2011 and this is no school by any means. The program I was in was computer networking. The teachers are a joke as half of them know nothing about what they're teaching. They will hire anyone off the streets to teach. Half the teachers wouldn't show up or respond to emails. Other teachers would pass or fail you based on if they liked you or not. The entire staff and faculty are a bit strange, rude, and passive when it comes to dealing with students. The curriculum was weak as there were 3 classes that were the same class with different names. The careers service department is a terribly unfunny joke. The joke was I graduated from Backfield and all I got was thousands in debt and a lousy mcjob. They don't really care for their computer networking students at all. I was also screwed over by finance aid. They lied to me and told me I could only afford part time rather than full. I later on spoke to another finance aid rep and was told that I could have went full time and been done with school last summer. You can definitely see the look of terror in most of the staffs faces and eyes. You can tell they know what they are doing is wrong and they are in fear of something bad that’s going to happen to them. I've seen people kill for less than 2 dollars and you don't think in the hard times we face today someone would kill them for thousands? Who really sounds crazy me or them. If we allow shrewd business practices like this to continue it’s only a matter of time before some crazy nut does come along. The moral of the story is Backfield is truly a scam they even know what they are doing is wrong and they don't care. No they don't care at all until something drastic happens to them where the law can't save them. They hide behind false advertisements and their deceptive ways to lure you in to a pyramid scheme. I don't care what program you are interested in go check out another school and you will thank me later. As for the Backfield staff and faculty I truly hope nothing bad happens, but I honestly would be surprised is something did. You guys are terrible, soulless, and spineless monsters. That deserves to be sued into chapter 11 bankruptcy. P.S Any viewers see replies on here from Beckfield personnel please disregard it as a lie.

30th of Mar, 2011

Wow! sounds like Beckfield College was not a good fit for you. Sounds like your IP address needs to be traced back and some court ordered therapy or medication adjustments are in order!

30th of Mar, 2011

Maybe even a protective order?

• La
      5th of Apr, 2011

Wow, Mr. Glenn - sounds like "Backfield" was not the best of experiences for you. Too bad this post is about another college by the name of Beckfield. I seriously doubt that you are a graduate; I would think that after attending a school for 2 years that you would have at least learned how to spell their name. I am not employed by Beckfield nor have I ever been a student there, but I do know of graduates from their Para Legal Program that are working at the Law firm that does employ me! Get some anger management classes under your belt and be careful what you say in your social website posts, these comments may be subject to subpoena, deposition and/or court testimony.

• St
      11th of Apr, 2011

I go to Beckfield now and have almost completed the nursing RN. Beckfield in my opinion is the best school out there ... Well for nursing anyways ... No credits are guarantee to transfer no matter what school u go to but if u earned a degree that's your degree ... No one can take that from u ... Beckfield is an amazing nursing school ... Great nclex pass rates and I am proud to say I go to school there ... But I really do hate that this school is getting a bad reputation just because a few students were unable to make it threw there program ... And had to start over else where like it's the schools fault ... Anyways just as a reminder you signed a paper when attending school there with knowledge they can guarantee credit will transfer ... U do at every school ... Out of all the public down play on Beckfield right now I bet u will never see a law suit in which Beckfield can be held accountable for anything because it's just a few mad upset people that didn't make it threw school that I guess are trying to get famous ... Just a tip for u ... Try studying on your next degree instead of bashing the last school for not getting one !!!

10th of Jun, 2011

Good Tip student101! YOU get it!

• Li
      30th of Oct, 2011

I graduated from Beckfield college in 2003 with what you could call an Associate Degree in Web Page Design. It is worth about as much as the piece of paper it is written on. They are very good salespeople at the school and prey on people who do not know all the ins and outs of college accreditation and yes, they did repeatedly lie and say that their credits would transfer to the local universities such as NKU and Thomas More which they will NOT. Their job placement program was also a joke. There was a bare minimum of discussions about finding me a job when I graduated and they jobs they did talk about basically paid nothing. It was one of the worst decisions I ever made in my life, big waste of 2 1/2 years of my life and will be paying the money back forever for something that did me no good whatsoever. If I had bought a lemon car I could have taken it back for a refund, too bad this is not true of these for profit so called colleges.

• To
      12th of Sep, 2018

I Graduated from Beckfield College in Florence, KY August 2010. I received a Paralegal degree with honors. Some of the teachers were sitting judges and Attorneys. At NO time was I hustled or told anything that was not true. In fact some were concerned as to my choice of Majors after 40 years as a mechanic. I l 9ved the classes and staff and have no regrets about my degree, even though I am now disabled!