BCBG / Return Policy

CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased dresses for my daughter from bcbg.com, they did not fit her. When I went to return them, I noticed in the small print no returns on sale items. I called customer service to let them know when I was making the purchase there was no alert to the return policy. She explained to me that it is on there, you have to read their policies. In other words you have to hunt for the answer, they hide it in small print. I have order items before from Pottery Barn that were sale, before I pushed the final button and alert came up to let me know that they would not be returnable. I can not believe the policy BCBG has in place, what happened to customer service. I was a loyal BCBG shopper, but I will not shop there ever again and I will make sure I let all my friends know to steer clear of that store.

An

Comments

• Ml
      25th of Jan, 2011

Wow, Stealth Pilot, that's kind of rude. Did you even look at the bcbg.com website? The wording for sale on returns IS hidden - you have to not just click on return policy (which is 30 days) but then on "Return exceptions"! I know because the same thing just happened to me. Returns may be accepted as a courtesy, not a right, but every online clothing store I know will tell you if the sale is final and returns won't be accepted!

• Mi
      25th of Jan, 2011

Don't shop at BCBG or Potter Barn!! Don't waste your money on so-called "name brand" merchandise ... it's all made in China anyways, and a lot of the time in sweat shops!! Wake up America and stay away from Corporations!! They are evil and the ignorant American public indirectly supports these sweat shops by shopping at these stores!! And like you see, the corporations are shady!!! We work hard for our money and they get a shirt made for a few cents and then don't let you return it...so immoral.

• St
      23rd of Jun, 2011

I agree, BCBG's policy sucks and especially if you got something on sale and the next day it's even more discounted, you can't get the difference. We're in the 21st century! Banana Republic return policy is awesome. I was a loyal BCBG buyer, but now it's almost impossible to buy anything even at their outrageous prices!

• Up
      20th of Mar, 2013

I had the same experience with BCBG'd horrific return policy. I cannot believe that a store that only offers store credit or exchange does not post this. Furthermore, when someone spends over $2, 800.00 you would think the store employee would treat them with some respect - not at BCBG!! They basically told me 'too bad'. Needless to say, I will be buying any future BCBG dress from a department store with a reasonable return policy.