Baseball Express / Missing Order / Rude Supervisors

Baseball Express
I ordered a Throwmax training aid from them on March 9th, 2009. I received the order email on the 9th and then a shipment email on the 10th. In the email it was said that the order was being shipped UPS ground.

Here is their info from their web page on shipping via UPS ground.

Standard Ground shipping service is via UPS or USPS depending upon shipment weight and destination. Orders under 1 lb. and orders shipping to a rural address or P.O. Box will be delivered by the USPS. All other Standard Ground shipments are via UPS.

Standard Ground shipping service is available for orders placed before 4 p.m. CST for in-stock items. In-Stock items that are shipped via Standard Ground service typically arrive within (3-7) business days after leaving our distribution center.

Order processing times vary for merchandise that is shipped directly from our vendors (Merchandise labeled as: Dropship item - ships from manufacturer). Backordered items are always shipped via Standard Ground shipping. Standard Ground shipping is not available for US Territories.

After 7 business days I called Baseball Express customer service and was informed that the shipping method I chose was change to a service where UPS delivers it to the regional USPS hub city near me. Now with this new service delivery times are 7-10 business days. I was transfered to a supervisor who didn't pick up my call but sent it straight to voicemail. I called back Baseball Express to inquire on why I was blindly transfered to someone's voicemail. The next rep said that it was their supervisors voicemail and she had already put notes in my call record that she was looking into the missing order and would call me back. This was the second rep telling me this. I waited 3 more business days and still didn't get a call from the supervisor or my order.

I called back on Saturday March 21st and spoke with another rep he informed me that the female supervisor wasn't there but he could let me speak to the current supervisor since he did see the trouble I was having getting my order from the call notes. I then got a supervisor that was rude from the very beginning of the conversation and then he started telling me it was my fault that I didn't have my order, it was my fault for being loud with him which prevented him from sending me another product out to replace the missing order. It was my fault alright; it was my fault for choosing Baseball Express in the first place. After his comment on how he would have sent out a replacement order had I not been so rude and loud to him I chose to request a refund. I was then told of the policy that refunds aren't given out until 14 days from the time of the order. (The fact that they have a policy to cover refunds on missing orders tells me this wasn't the first time they had this problem.)

I asked to speak with his supervisor but there wasn't one to be found on that day. He was acting as the CEO, and phone center supervisor at the same time. I started getting more abuse from this supervisor in that he wasn't the female supervisor and he couldn't account for he lack of action or follow up. He continue on telling me that nothing of this order or this issue I have was his fault.

Just prior to him hanging the phone up in my ear, he did say he was going to refund my money for the missing order. I checked online but no refunds were showing up and I doubt they every will. I am glad this was only a $49.00 loss for me. This company should be taken before a court for fraud but it would have to take more than $49.00 for me to hire and attorney and send this to court. I think that the actions of the supervisors show that they know people can't do anything about it.

I will never buy from Baseball Express every again.

A  15th of Sep, 2009 by
I agree, I used to work there! Supervisors are never there so the call center reps have to take majority of the complaint calls. We then had to let supervisor know that Irate customer called and wanted a call back ASAP! Our Supervisors wouldn't call anybody back! So the irate customers would call back, even more irate because supervisors never returned back their phone calls! We, the csr reps who don't get paid enough to deal with upset customers..I did whatever it took help and resolve the matter, to make my customers come back! Great Customer Service is what makes you the consumer come back, unfortunatley hard workers like me, who took care of each and every customer at BBX was let go! They just use us like grunts use us then let us go and bring more fresh folks in! They have enough money to promote themselves and have nice extravagent partys, but not enough to give anybody their hard earn raises!! Everyone was promised a raise after 90 days...I never recieved one!
D  15th of May, 2010 by
First of all there are 2 different ground shipping options, the first...up to 10 days and the second - up to 5 days. You chose up to 10 days because it is 3 dollars cheaper. You didn't get your order after 7 days so you call all pissed because your cheap [censor] didnt want to take the up to 5 days option. Did you get a tracking number for the package? For all we know on here, you probably got your package 3 days later on the 10th day. It would be great to hear back from you. And for the ex employee, we dont care about promotions and raises, we care when we get our product..
A  21st of Aug, 2014 by
Baseball Express-

Probably the worst experience I have ever had shopping on line. Do not be fooled by their so called big sale prices. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced shopping on line. You get a generic email response or by phone, you end up on hold till you hang up.

Avoid this company. Not worth the hastle.
A  19th of Oct, 2014 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I ordered a wilson A2000 from their website, it was a 6 month process getting my glove. First the glove got lost after like a month and a half of shipping. Then they sent another, it took about 3 weeks to get. When i got the glove the laces were torn. I sent it back and they replaced it. The shipping took about another month. Will never do business with baseball express again.
A  10th of Mar, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company sounds like it may be going out of business! Watch OUT! DO NOT ORDER YOU WILL GET BURNED!
N  12th of Mar, 2015 by
I have spent well over two hours trying to get in touch with customer service, not a single phone number works. Then when it does ring, nobody answers. Still have no idea about the status of my order if it has shipped, where it is, etc. All I want to do is cancel at this point.
N  14th of Mar, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
On 03/05/2015 03:20:51 I ordered a baseball bat online from www.baseballexpress.com. The amount $299.00 came with a free 2 Day Express Shipping which was what I wanted as I needed the bat as of Friday 3/13/15. As of today Saturday March 14 I have no idea the status of my order. It has now been 9 days since my order was made. I tried to call the 1-800 number customer service number on website and it comes back to an out of service cell phone. I tried again later in the week and the phone just rings and rings. I then tried another number 210.348.7000 on site and this just rings. not a single phone number works. Then when it does ring, nobody answers. Still have no idea about the status of my order if it has shipped, where it is. I sent two complaint emails and got no service. I also put in a complaint into paypal about this issue. I have also noticed similar complaints to this online. I have concerns that this business might be having troubles or going out of business. I would like my money back as I have already had to buy another bat because this bat never came.
A  16th of Mar, 2015 by
On 2/24/15 I placed an order for baseball shoes for my son. I called on 3/9/15 and was told that they do not know whey my order will be shipped (it took me 45 minutes in order to talk to someone). As of today, 3/16/15, still no shoes so called again. After waiting 38 minutes to talk to someone, they told me that the shoes were backordered. I cancelled my order and will NEVER order from Baseball/Team Express again. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
A  17th of Mar, 2015 by
We placed an order on 3/12/15 for catchers gear, gloves, cleats, and other baseball items. My husband has called twice and been on hold for 2 hours each time. today 3/17/15 I have been on hold so far for 7.5 hours, to cancel part of the order because we have had to order some of the items from other places, so that we can have it before the first game of the season. This is absolutely ridiculous!!! We have ordered from this Team/Baseball Express for years, but we will never order from them again, we will also put the word out to all of the baseball families to never use this site again!!!
N  17th of Mar, 2015 by
I have been on hold for over 8 hours now!!! I am beyond my limits today with this company!!! They need to change the automated part to we do not care about our customers!!! We would rather you just wait. Now for me this is a matter of principle!!!
A  26th of Mar, 2015 by
Something BAD is going on at Baseball Express. I ordered catchers gear on 3/2/2015. To this day, I still do not have the gear. When I checked online status of shipping, it says: "IN PROCESSING". I then tried to call every number associated with Baseball Express and Team Express almost everyday for the last 2 weeks - 1-800-937-4824 and 1-866-868-5855.. the message I get every time is "The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time". I sent an email two weeks ago.. still no response. It almost seems like they will continue to take your online orders, but they are not shipping anything out. Sounds very fraudulent. HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO: I finally called my bank 4 days ago and reported a "potentially fraudulent transaction"... my bank temporarily credited the money back into my account and is attempting to reach Baseball Express.. If there is no communication/resolution to my satisfaction from Baseball Express, the temporary credit becomes a completed credit.
A  31st of Mar, 2015 by
I placed a team order recently and I did receive most of my order in a reasonable time. However, I have a few items on backorder that have gone way beyond the quoted backorder date. I was not able to get a hold of anyone for over a week so I decided to buy the same items elsewhere, which I received them in 3 days! So now I just want to cancel the backorder and it's been total HELL trying to get someone to respond. For this reason alone, I will never do business with them again (assuming they remain in business).
A  31st of Mar, 2015 by
I see I'm not the only one that hasn't recieved there product from this company. If Your reading this everyone NEEDS TO CALL THE TEXAS ATTORYNEY GENERAL CONSUMER PROTECTION 1-800-621-0508 Lets put a end to this crap
N  1st of Apr, 2015 by
I am utterly discussed with this company and its ‘Customer Service’. I have been hold for 55 minutes just to ask a question about an order that might or might not ship on the 13th. Today is the 1st – I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE ORDER! Today I have spent over ten minutes now on the phone with Customer Service and the phone is just ringing and ringing….what a joke. I will NEVER use this company again. I will post as much bad publicity about this company and how it treats its customers as I possibly can within the guidelines of the law. My name is Gary Farr and I am fed up!
N  6th of Apr, 2015 by
I placed an order for a bat on 3/14/2015. Needless to say it is 4/6/2015 and they have no idea where the order is in their own facility. I have made several calls into the company and have received ZERO customer service. No one there will take the initiative to get off their chair to resolve the issue. I have already purchased a bat elsewhere since it was obvious that this company wasn't going to come thru with shipping the order and I am still waiting on a refund of $149.99. Based other comments, everyone is having the same issue. I was given the Supervisors' extension and guess what?...Her mailbox is full and cannot accept any more messages. Also, if you are buying something from here, do NOT use paypal. You have more recourse available to you with the major credit card companies. I will never buy anything from this place again.
N  8th of Apr, 2015 by
Ordered in March. Partial shipment received. Remaining goods not shipped. Won't respond to emails. All phone numbers give an "all circuits busy" notification. When I called my bank, my bank was able to get through on the 800-937-4824. Makes me think they have some screening software, because I have never been able to get through. I have ~$50 hanging in limbo. We'll see what happens. I've ordered from them over the years, so it's too bad to see them flaming out.
N  17th of Apr, 2015 by
Thanks everyone for the warnings. I was ready to place an order with this company and decided to call their toll-free customer service number because I had a question. I have been on hold for over 45 minutes now. While waiting I thought I would look into the company. From now on I recommend checking out everyone before making an online purchase. There are scams galore.
A  17th of Apr, 2015 by
I too can comment on the BAD no Horrible no LACK of customer service from Baseball Express "Aha" some many other names.
I just wish I would have checked the reviews before I bought from a new company. Lesson Learned! Credit Card Company is stopping payment on the order. Best of Luck to all affected by this lack of customer service.
A  21st of Apr, 2015 by
I placed an order which showed that it would ship in 3-5 days and should have arrived by 4/14. I checked the order status and all items are now showing on BACKORDER with no delivery timeline available. I've called the customer service number several times without an answer (just continues to ring) and am now trying to call their retail location as the corporate office returns the same ring no answer result.
I'd like to cancel this order but am unable to get a hold of anyone to complete the cancellation request.
A  15th of Jul, 2015 by
This company has hit rock bottom, I've done a lot of business with them over the years and had never seen it this bad. Ever since they switched to a new "system" there is not inventory at the store and the warehouse is in chaos. It's been 3 months and they still can't get it fixed, at some point you need to go back to the "system" you had or go to another one. Why management and the powers at be let this continue is beyond me, I'll never buy another item from them, just feel sorry for the in-store employees, unless its at the store you'll never get your item and the store has slim pickings.

Baseball Express Logo Baseball Express