07:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Animal/Pet Hospitals

Banfield Pet Hospital / injury to pet

Gl Mar 1, 2014 Review updated:
Phone: 972-458-7387

My pet (an 18 lb. black/brown Miniature Pinscher) was dropped off at 8:00 a. m. for an annual wellness visit. I was called at
12:05 p. m. to pick him up because he was behaving aggressively and had bit the doctor. I arrived at approximately 12: 20 p. m. As we were leaving, I noticed blood on the dog's face. I returned and asked to speak with the doctor to find out what happened. The doctor claimed it was probably his blood because he had been bitten. I told him I would call once I arrived home to see what the true cause was. The blood was from a small gash on my dog's face. My dog wouldn't even allow me to examine or clean the wound. My dog had to sit in a cage for over 4 hours before being seen. Perhaps this caused the aggressive behavior? A clinic should have a basic understanding of the different types of breeds they serve. I am wondering if this clinic has that training. I asked that this incident be recorded in his file.

Comments

• Sl
      5th of Mar, 2014

Banfield is known for its inexperienced vets, over scheduling of appointments, price gouging, being uncaring, apathetic, negligence, and rushing care. Find a new vet for your dog.