Banfield / my dog died
I was an owner of a black chihuahua, I took him to Banfield to get checked On October 9, 2008. He wasn't eating, but he was vomiting.
So when I took him for his check-up, I was told by the reseptionist that the veterinarian and the staff were going to lunch break. A few minutes after being told this, the Vet called and asked what was the problem. The receptionist told the Vet, my dog wasn't eating and was vomiting. She excepted him, and he got checked.
During the visit, the Vet was very nice and pleasant. She told me that my dog had a heart murmer. On a grade from 1-10, this murmer was about a 5. So she gave my dog, 2 shots. On was to stop the vomit, and the other one was for a coating for his stomach.
They wanted to run an ECG test and blood work. The whole procedure was going to cost about a good $580. This hospital ran my credit check, and I wasn't approved for their credit plan. So they just placed my dog on a diet of a special dog food, and told me to get Pepcid AC for his stomach.
So Banfield staff, made an appointment for my dog for October 16, 2008. I asked if there was a sooner appointment, but unfortunately was given a date a week later.
When I got home, my dog still didn't want to eat, and had still vomited. I had to force him to eat, he seemed so weak. I gave him the medication as prescibed by the Vet, in the morning and at night, a 12 hour gap.
I called Banfield, to let them know that my dog wasn't eating still. I told them that I bought a syrup for dogs that are not eating, which has vitamins and minerals to help them. The receptionist told me " That's fine, you can give him that".
On October 15, 2008... I got a call in class from my mom...MY DOG DIED.
I find this so weird, the day before his appointment he past away.
I would never bring any of my animals to Banfield again, because of this. I will let everyone know what had happen to me and my experience at Banfield.
More Banfield Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - malpractice
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan / teeth cleaning / money grabbing practices
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet services
- Banfield Pet Hospital - I will never return
- Banfield Pet Hospital - pet insurance