Baggage / Damage and loss

United Arab Emirates Review updated:
This is to report that I was travelling on the Emirates flight EK506 from Dubai to Mumbai on 11th September 2008. I had taken my return flight from New York and there was a stopover at Dubai.

On reaching Mumbai I was informed that one of my bags was held up in Dubai and would come to Mumbai by a later flight. I was returning to Mumbai on Emergency basis as my Father was very serious and after filing a report at Mumbai Airport for my bag I was informed that one of my relative was waiting for me. I realised that there must be some bad news and with tears in my eyes I left Mumbai Airport. I had reached directly for my Fathers funeral and although my bag was received at home by me on the next day I did not bother to open my bag as I was grieving my Father's death.

After three (3) days I decided to open my bag and in addition to my grief was shocked to find the contents of my bag spilling out and my bag was slit from the bottom and there was a long cut on the side. As i was still very grieved and too shocked to do anything I left the bag as it is. After about 5 days I unpacked my bag and found several items missing.

I request you to help me recover the loss that I suffered from the missing items in my bag. It was very hurtful as there were items which I had bought for my aged parents.

I got delayed in sending the email as I am still in mourning.

Will appreciate your help in this matter. I request you to consider that there are sentiments attached to the things purchased and it is very painful to find them missing.

Sincerely

Swati Ghatalia

More Baggage Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Mu
  13th of Nov, 2007

Baggage - Baggae Lost
Pakistan

I lost my luggage when i was coming from Dubai on 27th of September my reference number is KHIEK85416.I came to know that the luggage was lost and they will provide me the compesation which is equivalent to 340$ which is not exceptable to me in any circumstance .They have send me the letter which i not receive yet .I try to contact the comThere was a USB Hard disk in which there was my Software the cost of which is more than the total offer given by you .I strongly reject the assesment made by you .If you people are making assesment on per KG then why you have taken claim from me,there is no logic for filling the claim i will request you to please consider my claim again.
Ha
  17th of Apr, 2011

Baggage - lost of baggage
kwl shalimar travels and tours
Pakistan

dear sir i was travelling through etihad air ways on 12 april 2011 from jeddah to karachi flight no ey314 .i had attachted the air line baggage tag on my bag. ihad also write my name mr. haroon . on arrival to khi air port my bag was lost . i protest about this but no one help me . my pnr no is 775fmh . please investigate about it. my tell no is 03217874413.