Bad Boy Furniture / Buyer beware

1 Whitby, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

My wife and I went to the bad boy store in whitby, on in search of a new living room set. We found a model we liked, though the floor model was a tan colour and we were in the market for something darker. The salesman produced a fabric swatch for the 'chocolate' version of the furniture. It seemed more to our liking, so we made the purchase. Unfortunately, when the furniture arrived, we were less than pleased. With the direct sunlight we get in our living room, the furniture no longer appeared very dark, and, worse yet, appeared more pink/purple than brown. The tags verified that it was the 'right' colour - it was just the change in lighting and setting that made the furniture clash with everything in our house.

I placed a call to bad boy's customer service. It went through to their voice mail. I had to call several times to get a live receptionist. At one point I was put on hold for 10 minutes then switched over to the voice mail for reception. When I finally got through to the right department and explained my situation, I was not met with a positive response (Something along the lines of "well what do you want us to do about it?"). I was eventually informed by a manager that absolutely nothing could, or would, be done. I could not pay a re-stocking fee and simply return it. I could not get store credit. I could not exchange it for the tan model. So, now I have a living room set that I don't want. I've ordered a set from another store (The united furniture warehouse) , and they not only let me take home a cushion overnight to check the colour, they've guaranteed that, for the first 72 hours after delivery, I can return the furniture, no questions asked. Other furniture retailers, likewise, allow for the possibility that you might make a mistake in selecting a product. Not so with the bad boy.

Comments

• Br
      21st of Jan, 2013

We are also not happy with the Bad Boy, Whitby store. After looking for several weeks, we decided on a sectional at the Bad Boy Store, The Manager interrupted. the salesperson that we were with to say that there was the same sectional that was a floor model that was just delivered back to the store the day before. The Manager said it wouldn't fit into the person's room, so they brought it back to the store. So we figured that it was brand new, so we purchased it. When they delivered it, the corner piece had a broken frame, there is a mark in the leather, and it smells like stale cigarettes. As we do not smoke, we would never have purchased this if we had known it smelled like it does. Bad Boy will do nothing to make this right except to send a repair person out to fix the broken frame. So much for buying from a store, might as well have gone to Good Will, it probably have been in better condition and a lot less expensive. We will never buy from Bad Boys again and we will tell everyone who will listen to us about our expierence! If you want to be SCAMMED, go to Bad Boy, they'll take your money!!.

• La
      2nd of Jan, 2014

Thank-you for your message. We apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced. Lastman's Bad Boy is dedicated to customer service and care, therefore we sincerely apologize for your experience. If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact our service department at (416) 667-7546 ext 350 or via-email at service@nooobody.com.

Regards,