Awesome AugerAwesome waste and fraud

1 Review updated:

Awesome Auger was an awesome waste and fraud.

I will call the State Attorney's office, BBB and FTC. Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. I also wished that I taped the telephone order to understand what they ordered for me. The telephone order took about 20 minutes and I should have realized that the telemarket sales was a farce. They billed me for 2 augers and the shipping charge was $57.85. This was suppose to be a $19.95 order and turned out to be $92.75. Company should be ashamed of themselves and also the TV channels that are promoting this.

Comments

•   May 30, 2008
    Awesome Auger - Rip-off!
    www.buytheauger.com

We ordered this from a TV Ad, operator stated how we were getting ALL these FREE products - GREAT DEAL ~ NOT! They did not state that there was separate p/h fees on EACH item. THIS IS WRONG!

Product offer $19.95 plus all these extra free items - NOT! NO MENTION OF THE TOTAL P&H FEE $36.85 Total $56.80 ~~~ on a $19.95 ad. I know that this package did not cost them $36.85 to ship. Tried calling them, got no where, no answer, nothing. There should be a law suit against them and others who do the same. TOTAL RIP OFF. We are PISSED!

• Ar
      Jun 14, 2008

After listening to constant repeats of a recorder trying to talk me into buying more of the same, I finally disconnected from them in disgust. By then they had my info. Now I received their merchandise, spruced up by them with an additional auger and a $92.75 charge to our card which was supposed to have been $28.90. It is a scam!!!
    Do not buy anymore from this Billy guy. Wonder if I can get the charges reversed. Cannot get a hold of them nor do they answer their e-mail. From now on I will first google a name for info and if there is no response yet, DO NOT buy anything advertised ion TV or by other means.

•   Jul 11, 2008
    Awesome Auger - No customer service
    Awesome Auger

I tried to order the awesome auger and impulsively clicked on the $10.00 rebate. (whatever you do, don't do it!!!) I found out this was quite deceptive. It's not a rebate at all but a way to automatically sign you up for a 30 "free" trial for junk and future credit card debits that will go on indefinitely. As soon as I realized this I tried to back out, change or cancel the order. But the website won't allow it. I closed the browser and left the internet completely, hoping this would cancel everything. It didn't work. I still received an email confirmation saying the order went though but I still have no idea what my final cost is. I called the customer service number they provided to ask, but found they don't provide customer service at all. There are no live people, just a tape recording that wraps around asking you over and over if you'd like to purchase more augers. I'm totally frustrated and I haven't even received the product yet. Now I'll have to call my bank and get a stop payment on this order before they drain my account and supply me with stuff I never asked for in the first place.

Jul 12, 2008

When you look at what they are offering you think you'll get all that suff. Nope two pices and then they try to get more money out of you by offering you a chance to purches things they know you will need in order to make it work the first time.

ONE BIG RIP OFF>>>>>>

Jul 12, 2008

Those people need to be turned in to the better business bureau then we will see how much they will offer for the low amount...

•   Jul 16, 2008
    Awesome Auger - It is not awesome
    buytheauger.com

I wanted to get more info on the awesome auger and find out how much it would cost to get all the gadgets advertised with the product so I went to their web site. The only way to get info was to hit the order button and give them my credit card. I thought I would be able to cancel if I didn't like the item. When I found out it would cost over $70 didn't even continue. I exited the program thinking I did not finish the order process. Not getting a confirmation e-mail confirmed that for me.

Six weeks later I got the auger and attachments. I was shocked. I thought, what the heck, I would at least try it. What a joke! It was slow and wobbly and didn't work anything like the TV version.

I found the return directions and sent it back. I was credited $19.95. I called but could not get through as they do not put you on hold, but tell you to call back again. I finally found an e-mail address and e-mailed them that I did not order the items and wanted a complete refund, including the postage amount for sending it back. I didn't hear from them until I sent another e-mail threatening to contact the Consumer Protection Agency. They called and I was told that because I pressed the order button, I had ordered the product and because I did not call for a confirmation order to send it back, I would not get any more credited to my credit card. I explained that I never received a confirmation e-mail and she said not all companies do that.

So, they made over $50 on my no purchase and will probably send the same item to another person down the road. Nice business!

I urge everyone who has been ripped off to contact the Consumer Protection Agency. This is robbery!

• Pa
      Jul 20, 2008

I ordered the Awesome Auger for my father...was billed twice, not all the parts were included and I was charged 98.00 postage and handling . No response to emails to customer services. When my mother spoke to customer service, they said my mailing address did not exist.

Jul 21, 2008

THESE MOTHER [censored], I ONLY APPLIED FOR A QUICK CASH ADVANCE, WHEN THEY SENT ME THE E-MAIL SAYING I WAS APPROVED I WENT TO THERE WEBSITE, WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM MY ACCOUNT NUMBER AND ROUTING NUMBER, THEN I FILLED OUT THE PAGE TO CONFIRM MY IINFO AND THE INFO FIELDS JUST WENT BLANK, TRIED IT AGAIN, JUST WENT BLANK, SO I WAS LIKE SCREW IT, I DIDN'T GET THE MONEY SO I WOIN'T GET CHARGED, WELL LOW AND BEHOLD 31.98 IS TAKEN OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT BECAUSE JUST BY APPLYING FOR THE CASH ADVANCE NOT EVEN GETTING APPROVED FOR IT SIGNS YOU UP FOR IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION, WHEN I ALREADY HAVE IT ON ALL MY CARDS AND ACCOUNT'S, I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DID GET A LIVE PERSON BUT SHE WOULD ONLY SAY ONE THING "YOU HAVE TO FILL OUT A REFUND FORM IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST 72 HOURS AND YOU WILL GET AN E-MAIL SAYING YOU WERE APPROVED OR DENIED FOR THE REFUND, SO I GOT PISSED CALLED BACK AND DEMANDED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR, THEY HAD ME ON HOLD FOR 58 MINUTES 58 MINUTES!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ### I FINALLY HUNG UP THEY DIDN'T WANT ME TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR BECAUSE THEY KNOW SUPERVISORS HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO INSTANT REFUNDS, THOSE CHARLOTTENS, SCAM ARTIST'S, PIECES OF HUMAN FECES STAY CLEAR OF SAFEIDSUPP.COM ANYTHING THAT IS ATTACHTED TO THEM YOU INSTANTLY START GETTING CHARGED 31.98 A MONTH, THEY DID CANCEL THE ACCOUNT HOWEVER BUT I SWEAR IF ### LIKE THIS COMES OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AGAIN I'M GOING TO SUE, AND RUNNING MY OWN BUSINCESS I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO GIVE OUT THAT KIND OF INFORMATION SO MY BAD BUT THESE ###S ARE SOMETHING ELSE DON'T EVEN GIVE OUT YOUR ### UNLESS YOU READ THE FINE PRINT YOU NEED A [censored] TELESCOPE!!!

TYRANT BY JAMES R.

• Be
      Jul 21, 2008

SAFEIDSUPP.COM is a ###ing joke. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO TO.

• Mi
      Aug 09, 2008

I went to the site to see how much shipping was. They make you hit the order button to even see shipping! When I saw what it was I left the site. What a Shock to see the box sitting on my doorstep this morning! I can't wait to see what kind of hoops I have to jump through to return it, And they didn't even send the drill... not that I'm missing anything from what I've read!

Billy Mays needs to be Locked UP!... This is Pure THEFT!!!

•   Oct 09, 2008
    Awesome Auger - Terrible experience
    buytheauger.com

I bought the auger and I love all the attachments, however the drill it came with is worthless. It does not have the power to "rip" through anything. I had just cultivated my flower beds so they should have been very easy to use the augers on. Not so much. The drill just didn't have the power to get in the ground. My husband sells tools and he let me use one of his Dewalt drills. It worked great. I can't wait until next year to use the augers to *** my flower beds.

I called to send the drill back since I would just use one of my husbands drills. Thinking I'd get my money back. NOPE! Not happy. So don't order the drill. I like the attachments, but not the drill.

• Ba
      Oct 10, 2008

see www.infomercialratings.com
    Awesome Auger has a terrible rating and is just a SHipping & Handling money-making scam

•   Oct 17, 2008
    Awesome Auger - Overcharged
    buytheauger.com

Placed a order in may received in june short the extender, plus the drill was not one shown on tv ad. Never could contact anyone using their customer service number. i spent two weeks trying to make contact with them. a $19.95 cent cost me total $48.85. item was shipped by sas group inc charge $28.85. I contacted better business in that area and they could not get me any help. I was told by the bbb that awesome augar would contact me but nothing ever happened. I see the same advertising add done by billy mase still on tv.

• Ba
      Oct 17, 2008

Check out www.infomercialratings.com. They have contact information of Awful Auger.

Oct 26, 2008

I totally agree. I was also scammed into paying $36.85 for S&H on a $19.99 product without my knowledge or permission.

• Ge
      Nov 11, 2008

Well I have to say that everyone is exactly on point about this scam. But I found a way to get my money back and maybe this will help you as well, The first step I took was calling the BBB, then I call the Atty General of WI, then I finally was able to get the name of the company: Thill Logistics, I would recommend calling Keisha K she gave me all my money back only after threatening to call the police dept. Her direct line is [protected]. I hope everyone will get their money back!!

• Br
      May 21, 2009

Exact same thing happened to me.

FRAUD, WEBSITE DOES NOT SHOW ACCURATE CHARGES, NO WAY BACK OUT, FALSE ADVERTISING, THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! MAKING MONEY OFF OF THE SHIPPING CHARGES. NO REFUNDS ON THE SHIPPING CHARGES.

************DO NOT BUY THE AWSOME AUGER******************

• Br
      Jun 19, 2009

They have a website too, it is below: https://www.buytheauger.com/ver3/ind...&aid=#ordernow BUT,
    I responded to a TV ad for the Awesome Auger, wherein u r led to believe for $19.99, + shipping & handling is the bottom line price for this device & 4 other things, which includes a cordless drill. An automated answering device leads u through an ENDLESS Q (The consumer does NOT know this though) In the very beginning they get your credit card info by having you assume it pays for the entire package they advertise. However, then outrageous shipping and handling charges follow $39.99 for the drill alone & so on. After, 15 mins of ads, and repeatedly telling u that u should buy more of the original, it finally gives u a phone number [protected] for customer service. However, it repeatedly tells u to call back, they r 2 busy.

• St
      Sep 06, 2009
    Awesome Auger - Scam
    awesomeaugers.com

My wife bit on Billie Mays Awesome Auger infomercial. She got upped and bought a second corded drill and auger set. The corded drill looks cheap to me and I already owned a better one.

The P&H was $93.00! Expect a Rip but that was excessive.

Some guy earlier wrote a review on the Awesome Auger and put a curse on Billie Mays. I guess it worked!

I pulled some weeds but reversing does not throw them off the shaft. It is harder to take them off than to dig out the weeds.

Spend the money on a good *** whip,

•   Sep 06, 2009

Your wife gave me a blowjob in high school.

• Le
      Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome Auger - over ship and over charge

The ordering process is a nightmare with a prerecorded program continually trying to sell something more or different and I had to repeatedly say NO to many offers and they still got it wrong. I got double the quantity and got charged double the processing and shipping costs. Customer service refused to refund the charges and expected me to pay the cost to return the duplicated order!! I have refused to pay anything but had to pay shipping costs to return the entire order to them! This is a scam to get more money out of unsuspecting consumers. Believe me, I have learned my lesson and will NEVER order another item being advertised on TV this way!!!

• Gr
      Mar 09, 2010
    Awesome Auger - Did not receive
    Houston
    Texas
    buytheauger.com

I ordered the Awesome Auger Early December for a Christmas gift. It is now March 9 and not a word from the company. When I called to inquiry about the delay, they stated that when an order has been on backorder for over 2 months, they automaticly cancel the order. That would have been nice to know. Many companies send out a post card asking if you would like to cancel your order of continue to wait. They have my address and they have my phone number. No excuse for not informing the customer on their decision to automaticly cancel the order. In their defense they did not charge my account. Poor customer service.

• Jk
      May 13, 2010
    Awesome Auger - Charged $46.00 shipping for a $19.99 product
    Awesome Auger

I tried to order the awesome auger for $19.95 and ended up ordering other items amounting to $65.00 with expedited shipping that I received in 10 days with $46.00 shipping I called 5 Minutes after placing the order when I saw the costs and talk about rude and nasty the customer service rep wouldn't let me talk to the supervisor or her superior. Stay away from the awesome auger sight. Very costly. I refused shipment and was charged the $46.00 anyway and no way to contact them. The rep told me there was nothing I could do but pay the bill and guess what she was right.