Authorhouse / unprofessionalism

1 Bloomington, United States Review updated:

I signed a book publication contract with AuthorHouse in 2012.
Since then, problems have been dogging the project.
Micheal Pyles, who is in charge of sending me free copies, has never responded to my emails when I asked him why I could not have a say on how the copies are sent if I have to pay about $200 for the mailing costs.
I filed a complaint with AuthorSupport, which took weeks to respond to my emails. It often took weeks for AuthorSupport to give me a reply.
Merly Delicano, my coordinator, took weeks even months to respond to my emails.
I pointed out the problem to manager Headley-Jerome, who said: “We are not sure how we could have acted more appropriately.”
My new coordinator, May Alvarez, suddenly ignored my emails.
I pointed out the problem to Tim Mendoza, production supervisor, who avoids addressing my complaint.
AuthorHouse employees are unabashedly shameless. Instead of offering an apology and trying to improve its services, a senior employee, Adrienne Scherschel, senior Author Satisfaction researcher, asked me to not rehash what had happened and to move on.
I finally reached the point where I said enough is enough. I took the monetary loss and moved on.
The USA has some of the best business schools in the world. The Authorhouse employees do not even have an ounce of business etiquette. They do not even know that before they are businesspeople, they have to be decent people.

Se
May 15, 2015

Comments

• Vi
      15th of Nov, 2008
    AuthorHouse - not been paid royalties when book doing well
    AUTHORHOUSE

I HAVE SELF PUBLISHED MY POETRY BOOK THROUGH AUTHORHOUSE IT IS CALLED BRICKS OF ILLUSION IT IS DOING WELL YEY ON MY ROYALTY STATEMENT NO SALES ARE SHOWING UP AND I HAVENT RECIEVED A PENNY !!

• Bl
      6th of Jan, 2009

Yes I have also self published my poetry book It's About To Get Loud Collection through Authorhouse.
    I agree with everyone's comment Authorhouse is a scam .

• Cl
      6th of Apr, 2009

I've just recently been told that I'm only getting 1.00 per book. I have found a lawyer!

• Im
      9th of Apr, 2009

I too have been taken by Authorhouse. I urge anyone and everyone to contact al Federal agencies that deal with the type of fraud this company has and is practicing. If enough people complain, just like the squeeky wheel, Someone will finally shine a light on corrupt publishing companies like Authorhouse.

• Cc
      9th of Apr, 2009

I agree, but how can we when they have figured out how to cheat people legally?

• Bo
      8th of Apr, 2010
    AuthorHouse - book sales
    authorhouse
    New York

AS OF APRIL 6, 2010 BARNES&NOBLE HAS REMOVED SEE ALL RATINGS FROM ITS WEB SITE, IT SHOWED THE RATINGS OF YOUR BOOK AND HOW MANY WERE BEING DELIVERED, THIS HAPPENED ONE MONTH AFTER KEVIN A. GRAY POSTED HIS STATEMENT ABOUT AUTHORHOUSE ON THE COMPLAINTS BOARD.

• Ti
      20th of May, 2010

I published a book titled The Capture of Osamabin Laden by authorhouse in 2007. I received royalties for 2007 and 2008 but no royalities for 2009 or 2010. I thought maybe that my book was just not selling because of the recession, but know after reading other comments, I am not too sure!