AUSTAR / Very Poor customer service

1 Ballarat, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I had Austar for 12 years and sold my house and wanted to disconnect for 12 months until I built a new house. I phoned 3 times and waited for over 8 -10 minutes each time before hanging up. Then send emails asking how to do it. After 3 emails over 4 weeks and each time being given an automated reply and a job #, nobody ever contacted me. I eventually sent an email to the corporate office and finally got someone.
Now with a new house almost built, I contacted them for a new installation...great service. I was given a date for install but had to contact them back as the builder had a delay with weather and I had to move the install forward about 2 weeks. Guess what. The same again...nobody answered the phones on 3 occasions...each time I waited for 6-8 minutes. I then sent two emails to their contact us site over two weeks and again, the automated reply. After another week, 3 weeks, I eventually wrote a letter and posted it to them and a copy to the corporate office cancelling the installation as I did not want to deal with a company with such poor service.

More AUSTAR Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fe
      Jun 16, 2010
    AUSTAR - Lack of Service and support
    Austar
    Australia

Austar have no idea about customer support. They continue to make promises that they cannot keep and then try to tell you that their new equipment and software is better than previous.

This is all crap, they don't bother to call people back and they just keep sucking the money out of you.

Just say no to Austar, it is not worth the hassle.