[Resolved] Attractive Professionals / dating agency services

1 Edinburgh, Scotland, Lothian, United Kingdom Review updated:

In the year that I have subscribed to this agency a number of male profiles have been sent to me but the vast majority were unsuitable as they were in the wrong age group or did not share any of my interests. In a 12 month period I have had 2 dates, one of whom told me, had not paid anything to the agency because he wanted a trial period to see how it worked. All I can say, he was a smart man as he did not part with any money and yet Attractive Professionals signed him up. This is itself is a curious way of conducting business and totally unethical.

After many weeks with no contact at all, I tried to phone Margot but she never worked in the afternoons. When she called me it was always in the mornings when she knew I would be working and always on the landmine when I had asked to be contacted on my mobile. I then had an email in response saying "I tried to call you as you'd told Lorraine that your membership wasn't starting off as well as you'd hoped and I hope you won't mind me saying this but compared to other clients, your photos aren't great." Naturally I found this to be rather upsetting. However, I decided to take the advice on board and so had a couple of professional photographs taken. The response was "they're nice" and then a pattern seemed to emerge whereby it was always one excuse or another such as it could take a year or longer to meet someone, especially over the age of 60. In July and August no clients were sent to me and when I queried this I was told that they were quiet months and yet the £55 a month was still being collected. In the first week of December with no further dates being forthcoming I decided to stop my Direct Debits. I have had no word from Margot or Lorraine as to why I have stopped my payments; I wonder if they have even noticed. Either way, it shows a total lack of interest or commitment to the clients and I would not recommend wasting your money on this 'family run outfit' which clearly have no expertise at matching people whatsoever.

• Resolution statement

• Attractive Professionals Customer Care's Response, Jan 07, 2018

I thought I'd seen everything whilst doing this job but this really takes the biscuit! Andrea joined us SIX YEARS AGO, used the service for six months, then just left suddenly, saying nothing. What sort of unreasonable person then bounces back all these years later to complain? It would be like me now deciding that a meal I'd had six years ago I didn't like so putting a nasty review of the restaurant on Trip Advisor!

Two decades ago I became aware that most introduction agencies wouldn't accept ladies over the age of 50, so decided to try to help. Big mistake! You're dealing with ladies who for the most part are deluded as to their own attractiveness to men of a similar age and whether because of age, hormones or bitterness at finding themselves alone in middle age, are not very nice people and I wouldn't wish dealing with these horrible people on my worst enemy!

An
Dec 31, 2017

Comments

• He
      26th of Jun, 2018

Yet another vindictive response from this company. SHOCKING.
    How dare you treat customers so rudely.
    I am still fighting a battle against you, from about 6 years ago too: because you didn't listen to me at the time, AND Because you are clearly still trading in your usual rude, poor service manner. People need to be made aware of what they are signing up to, because you mis-sell and mis-lead genuine people into parting with a lot of money and then treat them dispicably.
    There are also now more places for people to raise their voices and make their problems known than there were 6 years ago, which is why people are now saying something. Not once have you ever apologised for upsetting any of your customers and you seem to think you are doing the world a favour with your business. You are not. You are causing pain and distress to a lot of women.