AT&T Rebate Offer 2007 / rebate not received!

San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
4.8
Phone: 510-593-7853

I'm just adding to the list of AT&T rebate complaints that are already online. Again just another case where the rebate never made it to me. I followed up and kept track of my forms and still nothing, no recourse, and nowhere else to go.

Submitted in September. Customer Service recording says it was processed in October and I'll receive it in 3 weeks. Never received. Called in January and wasn't sure if that message meant 3 weeks after it was processed or 3 weeks after my call. Called again in March and got the same message so I assume I was supposed to get it in November. Never received anything and now the website is down.

AT&T has a nice clause in the fine print that tries to release them from any liability it states "AT&T and it's Fullment Company assume no liability for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, or postage-duemail or requests that fail to be properly delivered to the address stated on the order form for any reason..." Is that legal or is that too general?

Sounds sketchy to me. According to that clause they could do any number of fraudulent things to get out of delivering these rebate cards or prevent them from getting used up before the expiration date so they are not liable for the expenses. AT&T could technically not send any of them, or send them to a different address, or an employee could steal a bunch, or they could demagnetize them (so if you were lucky enough to actually get it, it wouldn't work)... who knows. In the end we the consumers get zilch and have no way to fight back.

I wonder how many other people have had issues with these damn rebates. From what I've found online it seems like quite a few people for several AT&T products are complaining and the call centers are giving them the run-around. So many of us would never have purchased or signed up for service if we had known we wouldn't get our rebates. I also wonder how much time wasted we've all spent calling customer service. So if I waste 2 hours of accumulated time trying to follow up on this thing at $50/ hour... they owe me my $50 rebate AND another $100 for my time.

Comments

Be
  24th of Mar, 2008
Was looking for a site to check again on my rebate and I happened onto your post. I called about my rebate several months ago and was told it was being processed. To this date I've not received anything. I'm waiting for rebates on 2 phones. Maybe they don't worry about getting the rebates out but I could sure use the rebate right now. How would they like for us to take so long if ever to pay our bills to them?
Do
  26th of Mar, 2008
I have also been waiting for a rebate of 100.00 that was suppose to be sent to me and I am still waiting 5 months later. The first response was I did not have the bar code on the form (which I did) Then I called on 1/14/08 and Jeanette said it would be sent. Then another month went by and I called and they said they needed to verify the address. As of 3/26/08 I still have not gotten a rebate.
Ri
  28th of Mar, 2008
Bought our phones in November 2007 and still waiting on rebate checks. Every call says it's been received in December 2007 and I should receive check in 3 weeks. It's now March 28th, and still have not received rebate check
Ca
  15th of May, 2008
I had bought a new blackberry phone towards the beginning of this year and I sent in my rebate that you offer. As of today I have not heard anything or received anything via mail. My cell phone number is 805-878-9239. I have tried to call but can't get a human being to talk to. I have checked you out on line at www.att.com/wirelessrebate, but have no response to my rebate that I am inquiring. Please check it out and e-mail me back. Thank you
Ga
  2nd of Jul, 2008
I bought a phone in February, they received my rebate for on 2/21, the phone information states that they mailed out the rebate in April. I haven't received it either, and now the website is apparently down.
Ba
  10th of Jul, 2008
I, too had 2 rebates coming for new phones from At&T my rebate was supposedly sent on May8th, today is July 10th, and still no rebates - some ###s will never cease.
  14th of Jul, 2008
I am going through the same thing. I am told they will cancel the first and now second card and send me a new one. AT&T told me they will send another card in 7-9 business days. That will be July 29, 2008. I was also given a number to call if I don't get it-1-877-850-9656. I have been waiting since March 2008. I have another one pending that is only one month old to date. I really hope they get this straight soon. With so many other offers out there and having 4 cell phones with them they really should honor their rebates.
Se
  15th of Sep, 2008
I bought the blackberry curve and mailed out a rebate form and was told the form had been received on the 18th of july o8, and will be mailed to me in 2 weeks time but up till now i have not received anything in the mail.
Want to know when my rebate will be in the mail to pick up .Thanks
Re
  17th of Sep, 2008
I too have been waiting for my rebate... and i recieve the first one .. but not the second one.. i call and they said it was mailed and that was two weeks ago ... but to my knowledge i didnt know that the mail took that long to process... this is wrong what they do.. they say rebate then two year contract ... there are always something with att... but will be the last time i get a phone from att ... at a rebate price... cause it has been four months now and im still waiting for one of two rebates...
  18th of Sep, 2008
We recieved the first one, but for some reason not the second. According to them they have no record of it. Even after I faxed them the paper work 3 weeks ago!
Bo
  23rd of Sep, 2008
i too received one rebate out of two...it is sad that a company will not follow through with what is promised. still waiting and hope i will get the second $50 for the second phone...afterall, i am intitled to this and want it...
Bo
  23rd of Sep, 2008
i called 866.852.8617 and the recording message said for my phone which i did receive the $50 rebate that it was shipped out march 28th...wow, how could this be when we just upgraded in july 2008...so weird - what a company...i think it is a rip off to get you in their store...i too will wait out the two year contract...and then move on to another - perhaps cellular...at least i can spread the word about at&t...
La
  25th of Sep, 2008
Its just another scam by a giant corporaton. Whatelse is new!!!
Ko
  29th of Sep, 2008
On (Post Your Comment) they ask you: your attitude towards complaint, i clicked on agree. Yes i agree that its another scam by a big corporation. Why? Well first they wrote me telling me they received and again telling me they giving me my rebate of $50 in 6 to 8 weeks. Ok i seen 6 to 8 weeks, i haven't seen a check. Call and ask about it, they give me a website that not in run right now and why can't I talk to a real person on this 1-888 number?. Where is my card? Rebate recorder said it was sent Aug. 8 and should get it in 3 weeks; you do the math. P.S. IT SEPTEMBER .29
Th
  8th of Oct, 2008
rebate was supposed to be e-mailed to us several days ago for thirty dollars but we never received it
  9th of Oct, 2008
Hello all; I to have been scamed, I got the same automated line that it has been sent on sept 4. It is now oct 9, I guess I will hope for a class action lawsuit and get it back that way. Any lawyers in the house?
St
  24th of Oct, 2008
It has been 2 1/2 months since I purchased an AT&T wireless phone, subject to a full rebate. I called the rebate number and was told that the phone model was not covered by the rebate program. In addition there was nothing they can do; I must speak to the sales rep. He continues to tell me that he has arranged for me to receive the rebate as promised. Sounds like a scam!
Sh
  5th of Nov, 2008
I bought 2 cell phones on July 8th and submitted my receipt on the 10th of July. I forgot to send the bar code and the boxes were gone. I got a letter asking for the number that was inside my phone so I went back to the store and Kevin Weiss opened the phones and we resubmitted the rebate form as directed to do by the letter. The letter was sent back and according to the online information you received it on August 8th. I checked the status of the rebate over the phone on September 22nd and was advised that the rebate was "in process". Today I called Customer Care and got no help regarding this rebate. Here is my rebate number: 866-852-8617. It is now November 5th and I still have no rebate checks and no furter corresondence from AT&T. I've VERY frustrated to say the least. Please advise me on the status of my rebate. Thank you, Sharon Marshall