Aspen Dental / terrible dental office

May 7, 2015
188 chase street
I scheduled an appointment with Aspen Dental in Waterbury because it was the place with the soonest appointment available since I have tooth ache. one hour right before my appointment I get a call from some receptionist name "Rosie" telling that she was sorry but my appointment had to be cancelled because the Dentist had an emergency and they didn't have any body else available to see me. I mentioned to her that I was in pain and when was the next appointment available she paused and then came up with an appointment the very next day. Since I previously switched my work shift to go to this appointment I told her to give me the appointment and if anything i'll call to cancel it. I told my husband what happened to me that they cancelled my appointment and he called them up and spoked with Christine. He gave her an ear full of how irresponsible that was for them to doespecially one hour before my appointment on my first appointment. He told them how unproffesional that was. Christine puts him on hold and came back saying - that Rosie did not canceled my appointment but she told me to come in a little bit earlier since they were short on staff...when he got to the place there was no friendly staff or no one to welcome you. I wrote my name on a signing sheet and sat down. I saw the receptionist walking around and never would check the signing sheet so I go up and introduced myself. she told me that it was going to be a long wait about 2 hours and I agreed to just wait. when I sat down there were people who I started a conversation with that told me they had been waiting for over 3 hours. when they finally called me, the dental assistant didn't even told me her name and just took xrays of the affected area since they told me that they couldn't do anything else that day since they were so behind and short on staff. then the dentist saw me and told me that I needed to come back to get an extraction done...the dentist was looking at the xray talking on back of me instead of examining the xrays and turn towards me to explain face to face my situation---so I waited 3 hours and a few minutes just for a 5 minutes consultaion? then the dental assistant took me to see Rosie who was going to give me the appointment for the tooth extraction who was not friendly at all- honestly, I was disgusted by her coldness and unfriendliness. she told me it was $96 and that I needed to pay it in order for her to give me the appointment. I told her --that this place was disgusting, cold and her unfriendliness and lies made it even worst - I told her i'll rather suffer in pain then to spend my money in such an unprofessional place!! I cant wait to get my insurance statement to see what they billed for!! please stay away from this horrific and unprofessional place - you will be glad you did!!!

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management