Ashwood University - Life Experience Degree / Stay away from Ashwood as they are rip offs!

1 Switzerland Review updated:

I recently was looking for an online degree, and found ashwood university. After paying my fees and enrollment I ended up getting a invoice through my credit card for about $3500.00 the maximum limit.

I called them and asked for refund as i just wanted an assessment. In response they denied it and said it would ruin my credit if i did not make payment. I was very upset.

Speedy Degrees (speedydegrees.com), Ashwood University, Belford University, Affordable Degrees (affordabledegrees.com), and Rochville University are operated by the same people. Other sources link speedydegrees.com to Ashwood University.

Now i am out of the money. I still needed a degree and found through a colleague another university online called brixtonuniversity.com.

Brixtonuniversity.com was much more affordable and reliable and i received my degree within weeks. This is absolutely great. Stay away from Ashwood as they are rip offs.

Na

Comments

• Va
      29th of Dec, 2006

Yup thats what they are a ripp off. I got mine through Breyerstate and it was mailed from Pakistan. Also another rip off.

Veronica

• Ba
      13th of Feb, 2007

Yup, most of the online are linked to ashwood and they just rip you off. i had ordered months ago, and they made a mistake, and refused to correct it unless i paid another $200

Since then i was forced to get all new stuff, and got it from brixton university which is very fairly priced.

• Pr
      26th of Feb, 2007

Yeah, they are too expensive. I checked out brixtonuniversity.com and received my order in a few weeks. Awesome site for Life Experience Degree and fast approval process on any application.

• La
      22nd of Mar, 2007

Any site that claims they will give you a degree for life experience is a rip-off. Just go and get financial aid and earn a degree like the rest of the world does because employers will know if your degree is accredited by a accreditation organization that is recognized by state and the US Department of Education. If you degree is found to be from a source that is not accredited by a board that the US Department of Education recognizes, you will find it difficult in your near future to find employment using such a degree. Besides, do you want a doctor who mailed $257.00 to get his PhD to operate on you?

24th of Mar, 2007

Not always true. you go through a assessment, and only if you qualify you get a degree. I have tried many, and was able to finally get my online degree form brixtonuniver they are probably one of the better online accredited degrees and also quite affordable.

• Da
      4th of Jun, 2007

So you tried to buy a fake diploma so you could defraud employers about your level of education. You got burned and then were foolish enough to pay for more fake documents from Brixton? Did it ever occur to you that you could spend a few minutes designing your own documents and then print them at home? Just as useless, just as phony, just as illegal, but a lot cheaper! By the way, they can't charge your credit card without your authorization, so you might still try to go after them through your credit card company. Don't hold your breath, though. It's hard to find a bunch of guys who operate out of a rented mail-box. Did you notice the lack of names, street address, city, state, or home country on their website? Also by the way, most people pay only a few hundred bucks to these guys, so evidently they had you pegged as an easy victim. Have you figured out that you need to change your credit card now that they have your number?

• Bl
      13th of Jun, 2007

I want to get a degree but i don't know where to get it from but i just applied in ash wood are they fake. Plz help me out or if u have any school that is not fake send it to my box dunamiszoe@yahoo.com

7th of Nov, 2007

I do not really know where to apply and where to not, plz help me. If any body finds a solution send me at sandyrao2003@yahoo.co.in.

• Sm
      24th of Nov, 2007

The fact that these fake online degrees are mailed from Pakistan raises one more doubt in my mind... While I have full respect for Pakistan as a nation.. assuming current state of affairs there I doubt Where is this money going into? Imagine 250 US dollars going in from each person.. I hope these funds are not used for anti-social activities...

It is one thing that you will get job with these degrees or not.. it is another thing whom you are sending money to for this... why does it have no address and no contact no.

You could be risking your own security with your own money.. it should be investigated... its just a doubt may not be a fact...

• Ro
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I got my degree from online brixtonuniversity.co.uk, so not know what the fuss is all about. There are several good ones and it is better to get from differnet ones if you need more than one, but on other hand you can even get one from same university. i found brixton to be the best and most releiable

• Dr
      25th of Jan, 2008

i apply for 2 year medical diploma but my adress is incorect so pls you note my corecte adress.........wich is below.........................................................................................DR ALAM ZEB VILLEGE AND P O DAGI -----------------------------------MOHALLA ZANKHEL TEHSEEL AND DISTT SWABI N.W.F.P. PAKISTAN

• As
      4th of Feb, 2008

Dear Ashiq Hussain Lone,

Let us inform you that your order has been put on hold by our billing company (EducationSP) for verification purpose. In order for us to deliver your order, you are requested to send the following documents:

1. Copy of your picture ID that can be from your (Passport/ Driving License, e.t.c.)

2. Copy of your credit card (Front side).
    3. Billing address of your card, used for the same transaction?

This information is required to get the transaction authorized and your product delivered.

Kindly note that your product will only be delivered once verification of your transaction is done by our billing company (EducationSP).

You are therefore required to send scanned/Digital copies via email to the following e-mail address.

Email: mark.mccracken@educationsp.com

Phone no: 1- 866-393-3377

As soon as verification process is done, your product will be delivered within 7 to 10 working days.

• To
      7th of May, 2008

Someone from "Brixton university" posted this fake complaint. Brixton university is not a university, but a scam. As are the responses below it saying that Brixton is a good school. It's a scam and the degree with not be recognized. Using such a degree is illegal.

13th of Jun, 2008

please help me know the good schools for life experince degrees espercially the adult workers.
    thanks

• Ur
      12th of Nov, 2008

You will find more and more on-line Life Experience degrees. I am 56 and hold no college degree. When I graduated from high school the Bachelor's degree was not needed to earn a living. Today as long as you have a degree companies will hire you, even if you can't find your way out of a paper bag, they will hire you.

I have been running my own financial services office for 27 years. During my 27 years for three years I held a Series 3 license (commodity broker); for 17 years I held a Series 7 license (Stockbroker); for 2 years I was a State Registered Investment Adviser and during the entire time I carried my insurance agent/broker license. In 2001 I dropped the investment business to focus solely on insurance. From marketing to accounts payable, to IT, I am the one running the show. I manage employees and also when needed train them.

My story has a very, very laughable and sad fact. The fact is that if I were to apply to get a job, a job less challenging than what I have done for the past 27 years, I would not get hired. Without a Bachelor's degree I would not even be considered for a job. Running your own office is hard, takes a lot of different skills and is a daunting task. One day the task had be totally drained and I called about a job that I was over qualified to accept. No need to worry though. Over the phone they loved my experience, my knowledge of the business but as soon as the degree question appeared, I heard the word sorry. Sorry you need a degree to work in this office.

My wife has the same experience but a different field. For 22 years she worked at a big eight CPA firm. Over the years she preformed administration management; taught people how to use the office WordPerfect / WORD / Excel programs; she spent a few years in their marketing department, has an HR Certification and more experience than I can think of at the moment. The firm re-structured and phased out her division and she was laid off from her job. She has found it impossible to find a job that is as challenging as her previous job. It took 8 months to find her new job and had to accept a fifty percent cut in pay. Before the CPA job she had management experience at other offices and her resume is excellent but she does lack the Bachelor's degree.

There is no doubt in my mind that if your field of work is a discipline, you need the education in that discipline. Period no question about it. Who in their right mind would want an engineer build a bridge that doesn't understand load transfer. My point is that the entire college community has sold the business community on the idea that a Bachelor's degree is needed to do any job. The business community has accepted it as a fact. Has anyone noticed that as the need for a Bachelor's degree increased? It is in the best interest of the College Community to continue to promote the idea that a Bachelor's degree is needed to enter the work force. We have noticed that in the past several years tuition has increased 400 percent? It is a suckers game. Soon the Bachelor's degree market will be saturated and then what? The College Community will then promote the Masters degree as the needed degree to get hired. Follow the money and you will soon see it is a rigged game.

As the fifty something workers continue to lose their long held jobs, as they continue to get more upset about getting thrown on the workers funeral pyre, you will see more sales of the Life Experience On-line Degree. I find it amazing that today the news is reporting that Harvard is struggling financially. Harvard pays no tax but is struggling financially. Colleges historically pay low scale wages to their workers except, the Professors. Could we consider the cost of Professors is part of Harvard's problems?

To paraphrase from an old movie, "They are mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore."

My wife is the word smith and I am the math guy. Pardon me for any typos.

• Al
      16th of Nov, 2008

sir please give me write way to get an bachlor degree in civil engineering

• Am
      30th of Jan, 2009

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. We are Americans! What happened to hard work and dedication? You should not even call yourselves Americans...what a shame!!!

• Da
      13th of Feb, 2009

One thing that is stupider than these online degrees is the person who thinks they are going to fool anybody with one of these degrees.
    Three or four years ago I would say yeah, you may be able to, but in today's world of diploma mills employers know the scam.
    Any large company, or any governemnt agency is going to check out the educational facitiity that awarded you with your degree.
    I can only say one thing to people who fall victim of these people.
    What in the hell are you thinking? You are mad that someone has ripped you off and you did not get your fake degree so you could go out and fradulantly misrepresent yourself. Where is your shame?
    I hate to see anyone get ripped of, but maybe it is better that you get ripped off than it is for you to go out and rip off an employer with your trash criidentials.
    This is like the idiot who calls the police when they get ripped off while trying to buy drugs.
    When I see stuff like this I understand how Obama got elected

• Ar
      16th of Apr, 2009

these all online life experience degrees are fake. These degrees are not accepted anywhere in the world. Even its a crime to buy such types of degrees in some countries. Especially Belford Universtiy and ashwood university. These universities are run by same people once you pay them they will ask you we didn't receive the payment may be you made a mistake so kindly send another time. Please friends dont buy and discourage these rubbish people.

• Ar
      16th of Apr, 2009

Beware of BELFORD UNIVERSITY & ASHWOOD UNIVERSITY. They are big American cheaters. Actually they are beggars and they have invented a new way for begging. No problem if you Americans are really beggars we can give you some money to run your houses. To hell with you Belfford University and Ashwood University.