Armando Montelongo Seminars / flip and grow rich

1 Utah, United States Review updated:

this company when they"re advertising on TV they mislead people into thinking all your going to pay is 9.95 for shipping and handling.but after thirthy days . they are going take sixty seven dollars from your account. just don't give them your account info. i learn the hard way

Comments

• Ss
      18th of Feb, 2010

The complaint here is valid. I too, was scammed into a recurring charge that I was unaware of until 6 months later. I have never used their website thus never received any services for them and they refuse to return my money. They are a scam. If their service was legit and valuable, they would not have to resort to fast-talking, buyer beware, I-gotcha-type of billing. And they would certainly refund your money if you were unwhittingly being charged.

• Ar
      11th of Mar, 2010

I have not tried it but can somewhat corroborate. I heard the advertisement on the radio and, while interested, I was skeptical if they would do exactly that (charge you just for shipping now, but keep charging you in the months to come).

I called the number to check this out. I asked the rep ("Rose"), how much it costs she said, "you get then book and the CD for 9.95 for shipping." I probed, "I just want to make sure thats all I will be charged. I don't want to pay 9.95 now to be charge like $40 every month for other books or whatever." Her response was, "[laugh laugh laugh] you get then book and the CD for 9.95 for shipping."

She did not say, no you wont get charged anything after the 9.95.. just repeated herself. At this point I knew there was a problem so I search online and here we are. Just though I would inform everyone.

• Cr
      11th of Mar, 2010

Once again, the same thing happened to me. I'm a unemployed mom of two and went to pay my rent and found out that armando's company had removed $67 from my account as well as another $29 for some other online info that I never ordered or received. I never used his online service for $67 a month. I was never told I would be charged for such service, and I never authorized any such transactions. I am planning on complaining any and every place I can. It is a rip off.

• Cr
      11th of Mar, 2010

I've never felt so disappointed. I was a big fan of Mr. Montelongo . now all I see is a rip-off artists. His program is designed to rip people off.

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2010

I, too, was taken - "only $9.95 for the book and just let us know if you would like to join". I even "cancelled" (even though I didn't join) with a person who called from the business. I said I wasn't interested. Then I was charged $67.00, $29.95, and another $29.95 a month for the past 4 months. I have never used ANY of their services.
    I called and asked for my money to be returned and they refused and said that I should have called different numbers to cancel each "service". When I asked "WHAT SERVICE??????", he said I should have known all the things I would get and that they informed me. They never informed me of any of this... just that if I liked the book, I could join the program. I didn't like the book and I didn't join.
    The last two months there are charges for "Bob Diamond Foreclosure" for $29.95. Previously it was "Armando Foreclosure". I'd like to foreclose on them!
    This company should be shut down.
    I have reported them to the Utah BBB and the more of us who do that, maybe things may change. I don't know if they can help, but worth the effort I think.

• Tu

Turquoise
    ALL STOP!!! People, please stop playing into everyone else's hands .
    STOP USING A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD THAT IS ATTACHED TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT . The previous guy who said "he would like to foreclose on them " Well, then do it . It's about strength in numbers ; if everyone would stop making it so easy for them to defecate on you, then they would soon realize that their game is a waste of time.
    LISTEN UP!! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO .
    GET YOURSELF A DEBIT CARD THAT HAS NO CONNECTION WITH YOUR BANK ( YOU CAN GET THESE AT CHECK CASHING PLACES.)
    You find an opportunity that you like and then you load it with only the amount you need. I know this is the slow way of finding at-home-work .But, just think about it, if you have gone this long to find a way to make extra money then you can wait another 24-hours. Meaning you keep this independent debit empty at all times until you are ready to purchase 1 item AND 1 ITEM ONLY.If you put more money on the card than what is needed for the package, then they will take as much as you have .
    Also, you can avoid any and all frustration with them entirely ; by just Googeling them first . And if you can not find a website, then just Google the title of the program ; and another thing a good way to find out if a company is worth your effort, and this is something else that takes a lot of time, if you are on a website that you really want to investigate, scroll down to the bottom of the site and click on"Privacy Policy" and write to them in traditional mail, just to see what kind of response you will get . DO YOUR RESEARCH EVERYONE!!! I got my computer 1/23/10 and I knew nothing good ever comes to you overnight . So I did not expect the 1st or 2nd or even 6th opportunity to bloom for me . I am blessed with being very patient . However; It was not until August or September that I started discovering companies that were in business to do business, instead of take from desperate hard working people . You see, they go on the premise that you need to make some money quickly and that you WILL NOT DO ANY RESEARCH. Part of the reason you are getting screwed is that you (according to them, not me ) are asking for it, because you were not one step ahead of them . And I can say this with conviction, due to the fact that I know from experience . Another good tip ; the Federal Trade Commission and the The Attorney General are also great way to find out about companies. As humans we a fallacy... instant gratification and it is usually, not in our best interest .
    Slow down people, if you chill out a little bit and take care of your end, the rest will become very clear.

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2010

Turquoise... WHO KNEW! You have given such great information. I didn't know about that type of debit card, so... thank you.
    I would like to say that I wasn't looking for instant gratification - I was just interested in the book to see what all this was about. Even being curious seems to not be in one's best interest! That said, I should have checked on them, as you suggest.
    Reading the numerous accounts of the same story as mine erased any doubt that what happened to everyone is the same - they say they tell you about all these services and charges when, in fact, they don't tell you at all. They say to contact them if you are interested.
    So I believed it true and certainly stepped into the quicksand!
    Most of the people I encounter believe people are good, that they are honest, kind, have integrity and are ethical. I hope I can continue that belief as I hone my baloney-beeper.
    As I said, I filed a report with the Utah Better Business Bureau. If you go to the Utah BBB, one will see that the companies under Premier Mentoring. There are several hundred complaints that the BBB list as some being "resolved". They really don't say how or show the other complaints, which is unfortunate. But I encourage all to file a complaint with the BBB and whoever else one can alert... Attorney General, the FTC, and whoever will help. It should stop.
    Thanks again for your advice, Turquoise. I am a bit wiser, hopefully, and won't be ordering anything before checking!!!
    Beesnest

20th of May, 2011

You could try listening to what the buyers are saying. All you idiots have to do is make sure to state to OPT OUT of a recurring charge. Try paying attention next time!