Armando Montelongo and Premier Mentoring, Inc. / Deceptive sales and unfulfilled terms

Premier Mentoring, In.
Exchange Place 172 East 14075 South
Phone: 888-684-3304
My complaint is against Premier Mentoring, Inc., Exchange Place 172 East 14075 South, Draper, UT 84020 and Armando Montelongo.
Contact person is Nate Gay of the Resolutions Department [protected] x720

On June 9, 2009 my boyfriend and I attended a "seminar" about how to flip homes put on by Armando Montelongo of "Flip This House" on A&E. This, of course, was a sales pitch. We were promised a 3-day course with Armando. numerous techniques on how to make money flipping houses including using insurance companies' money, access to hard money, and access to their "abundant" inventory of homes that needed rehab. The presenter, I believe his name was Matt Matthews, said there was a complete money back guarantee. We signed up for the course which cost $2, 997. We were promised continental breakfast and lunch each day.

The receipt for the course indicated there would be:

"3-day real estate investing workshop with Armando Montelongo
3 days of live training with Armando Montelongo and his team!!!
Master study course materials, including 5 Wealth Guides and 12 CDs!
"Flip It Now" 5 books series!
2009 foreclosure opportunity course!
6 months of real estate hotline support!"

The fine print on the contract:

Customer Service: If you have any questions about your upcoming workshop, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department, toll free, at [protected].

Fullfillment Policy: It is your obligation to attend any scheduled workshops or training sessions. However, if you do not complete your training sessions within 30 days of the scheduled dates, we will provide you with alternate training materials (via e-mail, CD/DVD, print materials or online access) as fulfillment of your purchase. Any alternate training materials are provided for personal use only and do not constitute a license to duplicate, distribute or sell such materials.

Return Policy: You may cancel this transaction at any time prior to three (3) business days after purchase. To cancel, please call Customer Service to obtain a Return Authorization Code and shipping address. Items must be returned in resaleable condition to receive refund.

I hereby authorize the processing of my tuition payment in exchange for the products and services stated above. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions described in the Fulfillment & Return Policies.

We attended the training on Friday, June 19 through Sunday, June 21, 2009.
There was no food as promised. Over half of the students complained and they finally took us out to lunch on Friday and Saturday.
Armando appeared for about an hour on Saturday "unprepared" and did not teach anything. He only promoted a field trip with him at an additional cost of $24, 000.
At the beginning I asked if the presenter was familiar with Arizona real estate law as I am a member of the Arizona Real Estate Investor's Association (AZREIA) and attend meetings where the local law is reviewed. I specifically asked because the initial presenter in June, Matt, spoke of a process that is illegal here in Arizona (bird-dogging). I was assured the presenter knew Arizona law. I have subsequently learned that other "techniques" they promoted are also illegal here.
Although promised on several occassions, we never received the course materials (Master study course materials, including 5 Wealth Guides and 12 CDs!) We did received Armando's Flip and Grow Rich 5 book series and the 12 supporting CDs for the series.
We never received the 2009 foreclosure opportunity course.
The presenter talked about increasing your credit card limits and reducing the interest rate, goal setting, a couple of examples of loan option wraps, 3 hours on a rental agreement, the annuity he set up for his daughter and how his nanny stole his credit cards. Very little was done on real estate investing.
They promoted their mentoring program for $19, 000 - $24, 000 and a new reality program that Armando is doing.
By Sunday I was furious. Many of the people in the class felt the same way I did. I was again assured by Jordan, one of the instructors, that there was a money back guarantee (which they, of course, now deny). I was yelled at by 2 of the instructors that I was uncooperative (all I wanted was what was promised).

I have since done research on Armando and found several web sites that enumerate on the rip-off of his courses. You can find them by searching on "Armando Montelongo complaints." They refererrd people to the Utah Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. I have since filed complaints with both.
I have left 5 voice mail messages with Nate Gay in the Resolutions department of Premier Mentoring, Inc. that have gone unanswered.

A  11th of Aug, 2009 by
I will never contradict what you are saying here or about your experiences as I am VERY skeptical about all these kinds RE seminars. Nothing they are doing is magic and a few good books in Barnes & Noble and you are on your way.

I will tell you that where A.M. comes from, Texas has the most loose and liberal real estate laws in the nation. They are unique unto themselves. About 90% of the rules/regs in all matters in RE Law you won't find elsewhere in the country. Texas is the 'Wild Wild West' of RE. None of their laws would fly elsewhere. I live in CA, a highly consumer-protected driven state, where things favor the buyer, renter, consumer. Not in Texas! I know people who love owning and doing RE in Texas because it is owner/landlord/seller driven. Ask any RE person/inestor and they all will tell you to go to Texas! It's a country of their own there.

A.M. takes his mentality, assumptions and knowledge of RE from Texas and likely thinks the same rules must apply everywhere else. Like to see him get away with that #$%! stuff in CA or invest here. He'd be in jail. Wonder why he doesn't practice elsewhere in the US? A.M is partly successful because it's easy to be that way if you are in Texas.

The course that may be worthwhile is Dona;d Trump's Trump Univ. At least he won't give you the hee-be gee feeling that a used carsalesman does like A.M. You know where Donald lives and can see his work all over Ny and elsewhere.

A  15th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
There's something very flaky going on here. My husband and I spent lots of money to take the Flip course that Armando offered. Although it was a over 15, 000 we felt like we learned alot and could recoup the funds though a flip or two. End of that story.

Then one day we get a call from someone named Mike Farrell who only gave us a yahoo email address instead of a bonafide business email address. I didn't think anything of it at the time. He told us Armando wanted his students to get the benefit of financial planning and that we would be contracting with The Ark, Inc. to learn about taxes and wealth building. This was only going to cost us anther $4, 000. We got some very. very unsatisfacory "service" and I use the word service loosely. In my attempt to get our money back, the customer service supervisor at The Ark, Inc, told me she couldn't help me because we had purchased our package through Premier Mentoring. I had never heard of Premier Mentoring up to this point. I was starting to get suspicious so The Ark, Inc referred me to Helen Smith at what I thought was Premier Mentoring but she turned out to be with Armando Coaching. I insisted I wanted to see a signed copy of our agreement as we had never received any printed material to described what we were supposed to get for our money. Helen sent me a blank email with an attached agreement that did not bear our signatures. I emailed back and said I wanted a refund as they had nothing to bind me to their contract terms. Next thing I know I get a call from a Ryan Phillips who said he was from The Ark, Inc., but when I called back his phone said "Armando Coaching". To date, no one has contaced me regarding a signed agreement so I'll be heading to the Better Business Bureau and the Utah Attorney General very soon.

There is some kind of very convoluted, hidden, sketchy, shady way these people are doing business. The Ark, Inc., Premier Mentoring and Armando Coaching are somehow connected and don't seem very intent on providing any kind of service. Be very aware before you contract with them.
D  26th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have never heard of "The Ark", and I hope they don't call me. I went through the program myself and utilized the coaching and the bus tour that is part of the program. I'm about to sell my first flip with an anticipated $30k profit. This will pay for the program and leverage additional investments.

I don't think you can just read a book and understand the opportunities, the issues and challenges and know how to properly assess the potential value of a property without someone taking you by the hand and showing you how to get it done. I went on the bus trip, and while expensive, it was probably the only way to really get the mentoring you need.

I've spoken to Armando at length on the bus tour, gleened great information from his associates and am confident in my ability to flip houses in the future. I think its unfortunate that he markets to those without credit and without money - as I believe it cheapens his image, but the actual learning was awesome.
D  11th of Sep, 2009 by
I received call from coaching staff, they said they will "consider" me as a student, but want 15000 up front, no contract ...I am leary
N  14th of Sep, 2009 by
My experience with the Armando Montelongo Seminars has been very positive. My mindset has been opened to a whole new world of opportunities! I sense Armando equips others with his knowledge and process for flipping successfully for far more than the money... He earnestly wants to give back; he is helping many others to include me! I am one of the many without money who now has access to the very money needed to "do the deals"! I am happy that Armando has made a way for those of us who have very limited funds to success in the real estate business. THANK YOU Armando Montelongo, thank you Veronica, Bryan, Adam, Keith, Bill, and the whole team! My sister and I are listing our first property next week, and seeking the second! I PRAISE THE LORD for Armando and for the life changing opportunity he has gifted many with! Kathy
D  13th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I attended Armando's training and was extremely impressed about how much they knew about investing and making money. My experience has been tremendous and I have picked up 2 houses with profit since attending Armando's bus tour.

Thank you Armando for helping me reach my dreams!
N  22nd of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My experience with the Armando Montelongo Seminars has been very negative, they stole from me $1, 297 There is some kind of very convoluted, hidden, sketchy, shady way these people are doing they are just a big scamm
N  22nd of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
good luck, that happened to me they sotole from me too, i filed a complain agaisnt montelongo, but they said that i didn't call before the 3 days, i was fried so I didn't get my money back
N  6th of Nov, 2009 by
My sister and I talked to a coach today from Premier Mentoring today about joining the program. They said it would be a one time tuition of 11, 167. That tuition would included everyting(16 sessions/classes, 18mo of coadhing and help line, and a double money back guarentee). We said no to the program because there was pressure to pay today and we wanted to 'think' about it. It sounds like the push my sister and I need to make things happen, but am weary of a scam. Any 'real' advice would help.
N  18th of Nov, 2009 by
My experience with Armandos company has been excellent!! I went through his 3 day training as well as the bus tour he offers. Since then I have flipped one home. Those who feel that this is a scam have not followed the program. He teaches step by step what to do, how to do it, when to do it. So, No excuses people. I highly recommend his program. When you get to spend a weekend with Armando you feel his Passion for Real Estate and you walk away from the event inspired.
N  24th of Jan, 2010 by
I am attending the three day course this weekend. No money down, no money out of your pocket to buy real estate. I am sorry I went and took my boyfriend, because he wants to go on the 24, 000. bus tour, as it sounds like a no loose investment, but we do not have the money. He is the most honest - kind hearted person I know, and takes new info like a sponge. It hurts me to see him disappointed, we are still supposed to go the third day, but I know he is going to be disappointed deep in his heart. He is hard working, but has been poor for quite some time, and I just wish I hadn't got his hopes up like this. There really is no money down, they have millionaires tell how they get money from investors, they are already making millions, of course they can find money. The first deal you have to borrow money from a friend, dentist, doctor, attorney, relative etc. They also do tell you ways to borrow money other than the conventional methods. There is a lot of good information on the 3 day course, but advertising as a free workshop and no money down, nothing out of your pocket is misleading. There apparently are a lot of people in my course who are better off then I am, quite a few are taking the bus tour. Not looking forward to the third day and seeing my boyfriend feel like he is missing out on life. I figure all knowledge is learning, and I received some good info from the 1500. three day workshop. The workshop is very inspiring, and I feel I did receive some good info. The free workshop on the infomercial leads you to the 1500. three day weekend. The trainers are very impressive, and know what they are talking about. Havn't seen Armondo, as he is in a mystery location in California.
N  16th of Feb, 2010 by
We have bought tapes and a book How to flip...and attended 3 day seminar. Paid 3, 000 for this. But that is not giving you all info you need to do this business. Truth is they do not want to give you all info. They want you to sign up for a bus tour, it is 15, 000, where you can lear more. If you need to reach someone for an advice, or to fax offer to review it for you(as they are promissing), you can never reach anyone since the phone numbers do not work. And if you have a Guarantee to get money back if it is not working for you, the fax number on the Guarantee will not work after a while. If you do not sign up for a bus tour and do not want to invest more to get coaching, be careful. You will feel this is just a ripp off.
N  3rd of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just attended A.M 3 day seminar this past wknd and wasn't surprised of the 24k they were asking to hop on A.M bus tour. I've gone to many real estate seminars and they ALL offer more training for more $$$. This is the only program I will be actually investing in. I say investing because there is something else A.M has that these other "gurus" don't have and that's Passion! Passion to educate us rookies. I will be posting my achievements. People...you can't be so negative. Remember it takes $ to make $. p.s i am broke as a joke but i am going to do whatever it takes to get out of this hole
D  14th of Mar, 2010 by
I have completed the Armando seminar and recently completed the bus tour. I currently own two companies and in todays market there is NO get rich quick racket out there. You have to be able to apply what Armando teaches you in order to have the positive results in the real estate investing arena. I can honestly tell you he will expose the ways to obtain the money needed when you are trained to put the deals together. In our seminar he had the students attending to please stand that were willing to loan money to students that needed it to put their deal together. He had 2.4 million dollars available to the class. I have had 1/2 million dollars offered to me to start making offers. I am writing offers in Texas and California. I was sitting in California in one of the hottest real estate markets in the country and putting all the paper work in place to buy property in California. If you would have asked me 2 months ago before Armando that all the opportunities would come my way. I would not have believed it myself. The seminar was truly one of the best experiences that I have had in business. His systems work, you just have to know how to network and make it succesful for you. All the Armando people have been GREAT. I have met Armando, Veronica, Paul, Miranda, etc. You get out of it what you give it.

This is a awesome program!!! Austin, TX. Kenny G
N  14th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
To all of those people who said they had a positive result; how much did you end up paying?
How is it beneficial to a person who has no money if you have to come up with $15-24k???

To "job...journey to broke" : You said you would post your accomplishments; what was the outcome of your experience?
A  5th of Jun, 2010 by
I ordered flip and grow rich with the understanding the first 30 days of correspondence was free and after that charges monthly.I was to call in and cancel before the 30 days to stop any charges from applying.I did that but on my next credit card billing there was a charge for 67.00 dollars.I am now in the process to get this stopped.I will cancel my card if I have to.Unethical business practices at least by the customer service dept.I have requested a refund lets see what happens.
A  8th of Jun, 2010 by
to the guy who only lost 67, consider yourself lucky. To those who went on the bus tour, really who is making the money on these flips? you are paying 24, 000. so A.M. can show you a house. I say he is the one making all the money on these flips. Granted you are learning to flip, but not because he genuinly wants to teach (as he promotes). I do think A.M. is pretty slick for thinking up this plan. Only about half the people on the tour actually buy a house, as their are not enough houses for everyone. But everyone pays for the tour. And he is selling houses that he has worked out a deal with the bank to sell. It really quite a brilliant scheme.
N  9th of Jun, 2010 by
Does anyone that went on the bus tour know how many houses he has available. I was told last weekend that one person coule by 10 houses if they want?
N  15th of Jun, 2010 by
I went to the free seminar last night. A pleasant girl named Jessie Conners was the main speaker. I wasn't able to sign up for the 3 day workshop but being that I'm in the mortgage business I understood a lot of what she was saying. When my guest and I arrived we were greeted with not only a wonderful dinner but air conditioning and a lot of good information. And it was free!! I only heard one thing that needed to be corrected and that is that Wells Fargo and Washington Mutual merged. I think the guy speaking said Chase bought Washington Mutual. Hey, that's it! I do not work for nor am I associated with Armondo or anyone he works with. I'm just a single mom in Walnut Creek, California wanting to change my life. I believe that free seminar has pointed me in the right direction.
N  15th of Jun, 2010 by
I just checked and discovered that I was the one that was mistaken. Chase did buyout Washington Mutual so he was correct by stating the true facts. BTW...this website isn't working properly...and that's a fact!